F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

I think it is here. F1 2018/assetgroups/ui_package/flow_persistent.erp
8f87257a9f269ff1847dec3c426bab23.png

Thx, I tried it but didn't work infortunately...

Hello all, I recently got myself F1 2018 and I was looking to do career mode with a custom driver.
Managed to fix my name issue and now I have a bit of a driver picture problem. It just looks bit bright(?). Looking for ideas how to fix it. Allso, I can't get the starting grid picture to change.

949734FA8A9C3DEC46894D79A804C4B4B99D4097

And yes yes I know, horrible faceswap skills xD

Edit: Found out how to do it, no help needed anymore :)

Last edited:
Hi guys,is there any chance to change the faliure chance of cars or decide wich car of a specific team will breakdown?
I'm playing in grand prix mode and in melbourne and bahrain races same ferrari broke down,in china bottas broke down and in Baku Hamilton brokedown,it's not really realistic having all these failure from the top teams?

I was wondering if anyone knows how you change the driver ai: So for example that Stoffel Vandoorne has the same ai as Fernando Alonso. Hopefully someone can help me.

Does anyone know how to change the pit wall texture? I can't find the file to do it...
And where can I change the colors of the name / upgrades bar / etc... ?
Thx in advance

Hello everyone. I am a new here at RaceDepartment and will be asking some noob questions here in a bit so bear with me. I have been sim racing on Xbox 1 for the last few years and a week or 2 ago I finally made the jump to a PC and I couldn’t be happier. One of the main reasons for the switch was to be able to play the modded version of F1 2018. All of you guys who make all these custom helmets, livery’s, sponsors, and seasons are amazing. Seriously I can’t wait to get started on a custom season. Now on to my questions. So as far as getting the helmets, livery’s, etc in the game it seems pretty straight forward. Where I’m confused is in every mod I read the description on it says “back up first” are you guys just backing up the files you are replacing or are you backing up the whole game? Also I would like to still be able to play the game online. I read that with most mods you won’t be able to play online. So are you guys copying the game so you have 2 copy’s(one for a modded season & one for online) or do you have to own 2 copy’s of the game. Sorry I am still really new to steam and I’m just trying to figure out how all of this works. Thanks for any and all replies helping me get started and again sorry for the noob questions.

Hello everyone. I am a new here at RaceDepartment and will be asking some noob questions here in a bit so bear with me. I have been sim racing on Xbox 1 for the last few years and a week or 2 ago I finally made the jump to a PC and I couldn’t be happier. One of the main reasons for the switch was to be able to play the modded version of F1 2018. All of you guys who make all these custom helmets, livery’s, sponsors, and seasons are amazing. Seriously I can’t wait to get started on a custom season. Now on to my questions. So as far as getting the helmets, livery’s, etc in the game it seems pretty straight forward. Where I’m confused is in every mod I read the description on it says “back up first” are you guys just backing up the files you are replacing or are you backing up the whole game? Also I would like to still be able to play the game online. I read that with most mods you won’t be able to play online. So are you guys copying the game so you have 2 copy’s(one for a modded season & one for online) or do you have to own 2 copy’s of the game. Sorry I am still really new to steam and I’m just trying to figure out how all of this works. Thanks for any and all replies helping me get started and again sorry for the noob questions.

Hello mate and welcome to F1 2018 modding. What I do is copy the whole F1 2018 folder to a different drive/folder and that's where I put mods if I want to play a modded game. And since I also create mod I copy a third one with a sole purpose of working and testing a mod that I'm making. To make it simple the original F1 2018 is my back up without mods, and a copied one for gaming with mods.

This is what I recommend instead of backing up Individual files. And also I have a slow internet and its a pain reverifying files if a mods creates an issue.

Hope it helps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back