F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

I have a question for anybody who uses my track mod. My game hangs in time trail when I try to go back to the main menu, this seems only to happen in Melbourne. I verified the integrity of the files but it even happens in the vanilla game.
I have a 1080 TI which is updated although I do believe that the lastest update screwed over the game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I'm trying to change the colour of the number on the Mercedes for my career butwhen I paint bucket the number it always messes up the alpha behind it which just fills in colour in a rectangular block ( I HATE working with Alpha channels as I can't get to grips with them . Ive tried using Kris's video from last year regarding shark fins as some kind of guide but 1 - with the exported number file it's a dds file rather than a layered psd file and 2 - Kris is so fast on Photoshop in the video that I can't keep up or understand it :p being no Photoshop genius . Can anyone help please ?

Did you see my video about (the alpha channel on) gloves? It's virtually the same for every file that uses alpha-channels. Numbers on cars are even easier as they don't use normal maps, so you just need the first half of that video.

If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll make a specific tutorial for editing car decals

Last edited:
Thanks , but I dont want to change the shape , in fact I don't want to affect the alpha at all . I just want to change the colour of the main channel that you see . But when I use the magic wand tool to select the colour inside the number and then fill it with the paint bucket with my colour of choice it fills in a whole rectangle of colour in the channels behind and that bleeds through behind the number in game and I cant fathom why .

Then, select the alpha channel (click on it in the channels panel) and then select the inside of a number (color). Once you have it selected, click on rgb channel and paint it.

Thanks , but I dont want to change the shape , in fact I don't want to affect the alpha at all . I just want to change the colour of the main channel that you see . But when I use the magic wand tool to select the colour inside the number and then fill it with the paint bucket with my colour of choice it fills in a whole rectangle of colour in the channels behind and that bleeds through behind the number in game and I cant fathom why .

I see what you mean. I'll try to sort you out with a video.

Thanks y00p :thumbsup: And cheers for the info filipos , I'll give that a try :thumbsup:

EDIT - Ive just tried that filipos but when you select the number in the alpha channel and then switch to the rgb chasnnel it hasnt selected the number INSIDE the black border of the number because the alpha channel of the number doesnt have a black border . It might have worked if the number was just one solid instead of having a border but it doesnt work because of the border .

Last edited:
Thanks y00p :thumbsup: And cheers for the info filipos , I'll give that a try :thumbsup:

EDIT - Ive just tried that filipos but when you select the number in the alpha channel and then switch to the rgb chasnnel it hasnt selected the number INSIDE the black border of the number because the alpha channel of the number doesnt have a black border . It might have worked if the number was just one solid instead of having a border but it doesnt work because of the border .
Ok... if you want to change the color, if youre using photoshop, you can make a new adjustment color layer or you can just click ctrl + u and then alternate the color.

Hello everyone, I have a helmet in pssg format that I converted to dds, and then I do not know what to do to be able to introduce it in f1 2018, if someone could explain to me that it will be nice because I am really lost, and I do not want to start a career without my helmet.

Thank you for your understanding, hoping for help from you.

Kenia10

Which file are you talking about? I'm talking about the video or the person is talking too fast for me, I'm sorry not to speak your language, I'm really sorry, and the translation of youtube is really very bad.

So I do not know how to do it.

I select the .erp file, I chose the helmet gen 1 or com 1.tga import the textures .dds and I save the .erp where it should be. I start the game, I choose the first helmet, I put against the clock to try and I have the basic helmet, not the one I want to have.

I'm not saying it does not work, I'm just saying I can not do it, it's not the same.

I would have liked to succeed, I could have put the 5 helmets that is close to my heart, the worst is that I can not even ask if someone will be kind enough to do it to me, because we will say that it takes the authorization of the creator, while it is for me personally.

I have to do something wrong, but what?

;-(

Which file are you talking about? I'm talking about the video or the person is talking too fast for me, I'm sorry not to speak your language, I'm really sorry, and the translation of youtube is really very bad.

So I do not know how to do it.

I select the .erp file, I chose the helmet gen 1 or com 1.tga import the textures .dds and I save the .erp where it should be. I start the game, I choose the first helmet, I put against the clock to try and I have the basic helmet, not the one I want to have.

I'm not saying it does not work, I'm just saying I can not do it, it's not the same.

I would have liked to succeed, I could have put the 5 helmets that is close to my heart, the worst is that I can not even ask if someone will be kind enough to do it to me, because we will say that it takes the authorization of the creator, while it is for me personally.

I have to do something wrong, but what?

;-(

What program and plugin did you use to save your .dds file?

Hey im trying to get a helmet mod into the game and it says in the ERP archiver minimaps not found. the helmet then comes out distorted like this. Can anyone help? (I didn't make the helmet so I cant edit the file myself)

ka45sk.jpg

outslu.jpg

Hey im trying to get a helmet mod into the game and it says in the ERP archiver minimaps not found. the helmet then comes out distorted like this. Can anyone help? (I didn't make the helmet so I cant edit the file myself)

ka45sk.jpg

outslu.jpg
set your game directory to the F1 2018 folder in the settings and it'll find the mips automatically

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%