F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Did something break with audio on downshifts using pitch-shifted BDL files on the v1.05 patch? Downshifts sounded fine on v1.04, but for some reason, v1.05 has downshifts that seem to drop down to a lower pitch, and if you're overrevving the engine, you then get the sound pitch spiking immediately back up to what it should be. What happened between patches to cause this?

It might be a bit difficult to think about just by reading this, but I'll have a video up comparing the downshifts soon. I had a mod ready to go until this stupid patch dropped and I now have to deal with this problem. I'm fuming.

EDIT - Here's an example of the downshift weirdness I'm experiencing:
WTF?

Last edited:
I'm not finding any language data anywhere in the game's ERPs. Something tells me the language files may be burried within the large game.dat file. Question is, how do you open that thing?

Is anybody able to play online when they change skins of helmets or cars?
I'm asking because I changed the sponsor boards and it tells me I am cheating and kicks me off the server. I honestly didn't know you gained speed when you change graphics.

Is anybody able to play online when they change skins of helmets or cars?
I'm asking because I changed the sponsor boards and it tells me I am cheating and kicks me off the server. I honestly didn't know you gained speed when you change graphics.
Changed my helmet, and for some reason ranked games won't load in...

Apparently I don't have the rights to post a new thread about this, so I'll just post it here! :)

I made a short(-ish...?) tutorial on how to change your career-mode helmet mode from the basic Arai to any of the other models in the game:

As a continuation on the first video about helmets, here's a guide on changing your glove and suit logo's!

D'oh...! Forgot the link... Here it is:

Last edited:
how can I edit normal tires in the f1compounds.vcmpd.xml that the normal tires have better grip in the rain. which values do I have to edit?
sorry for my bad english. greeting mic

I'm trying to change the colour of the number on the Mercedes for my career butwhen I paint bucket the number it always messes up the alpha behind it which just fills in colour in a rectangular block ( I HATE working with Alpha channels as I can't get to grips with them . Ive tried using Kris's video from last year regarding shark fins as some kind of guide but 1 - with the exported number file it's a dds file rather than a layered psd file and 2 - Kris is so fast on Photoshop in the video that I can't keep up or understand it :p being no Photoshop genius . Can anyone help please ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back