F1 2018 F1 2018 "Make Headlines" Edition Released

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The wait is over! F1 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC is here!

Codemasters ninth instalment to the Formula One game franchise, F1 2018 races on to both console and PC platforms today in the form of the 'Headline Edition release - the standard game inclusive of the later to be released as DLC Brawn BGP001 and Williams FW25 historic car content.

Retailing for £44.99 on Steam, F1 2018 is once again the official videogame of the current FIA Formula One World Championship, and as such comes complete with all the teams, drivers, cars and tracks of the current season, plus an additional 20 historically significant cars from the history of the sport.

F1 2018 Released 2.jpg

“Our main aim with F1® 2018 was to get even closer to replicating the real world sport and we believe that we have made significant improvements both on and off the track,” said Lee Mather, Game Director, F1® 2018. “The in-game suspension and chassis now refresh at 1000htz meaning that the simulation is far more authentic. For example, you can really feel the difference between the modern day cars, with their advanced aerodynamics and downforce, when compared to the classics which rely more so on pure tyre grip, making them an incredibly involving drive.”

F1 2018 Released.jpg

I've had the opportunity to try F1 2018 for a few days now and I must admit I've been more than impressed with my time with the game. Not 100% simulation but nor is it a throwaway arcade racer, F1 2018 manages to straddle the line between detailed and accessible with consummate ease.

Is this the best of the bunch so far from Codemasters? For me at least I've have to say a resounding yes!

F1 2018 Released 3.jpg
F1 2018 Released 4.jpg

F1 2018 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Have you picked up F1 2018 yet? What are your first impressions of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Retailing for £44.99 on Steam, F1 2018 is once again the official videogame of the current FIA Formula One World Championship, and as such comes complete with all the teams, drivers, cars and tracks of the current season, plus an additional 20 historically significant cars from the history of the sport.

Was disappointed that your video review didn't cover the historic racers. Maybe you talked about them and I wasn't listening closely enough?

Yeah sorry, I was getting to the point where it just went on too long, and had to drop something from the footage :(

If you are interested, I think they are.. ok. Not spectacular, and imho kinda pointless, especially as a race weekend prospect, but fun for a quick try I suppose.

:confused: £44.99?? I don't wanna sound stupid, 'coz it seems obvious. But may I ask, that's GBP right? Am I converting our local currency correctly? The price for me here in Taiwan is NT$ 858. Currency here is called New Taiwan Dollar so NT$. That's only £21.77... And that's how much I payed. Maybe because I pre-ordered? Is pre-order also £44.99? I honestly was confused with the "Make Headlines" Edition, as article title, I thought I missed out on different contents that another different edition was released. :laugh: I checked and I have both cars. Sigh...

f1_price.jpg

Anyways, First impressions.

I'm just getting my head around the title. I mean the UI. So far, not impressed with graphics. The physics is alright, nothing new or bad. The amount of bump power and detail I feel on the wheel is 2X compared to AC. I spent an hour trying to find where to turn off all assists. An hour to calibrate my wheel to 1:1 rotation. And half an hour setting up SIM dashboard. Still looking for that manual ERS button(if that even exists). Still not ready for any serious drive.

For fun and try my calibrations, mappings, etc, I did a race at Monza in the Williams FW25 with 95AI, finished 2nd to a Ferrari F2004. Yet to try online or start a career.

Early judgement, I can live with this title if only it doesn't become useless after a year. Gladly I have the options to do career and multiple historic cars for boring sim racing days. Maybe I can run better graphics on a single screen but I won't do that. Anyways, very much worth the price I payed.

:confused: £44.99?? I don't wanna sound stupid, 'coz it seems obvious. But may I ask, that's GBP right? Am I converting our local currency correctly? The price for me here in Taiwan is NT$ 858. Currency here is called New Taiwan Dollar so NT$. That's only £21.77... And that's how much I payed. Maybe because I pre-ordered? Is pre-order also £44.99?

Regional prices.

So here it is for me. Norwegian Currency.
5eHh5uU.png

I would have to pay 412 of Norway Money(NOK) to get the game. 44.99GBP is 485 NOK.
However, Russian and Brazilians get the game for a lower price (compared to the Norwegian one). This is one of the games with the biggest difference for a long time, usually the Norwegian price is only 2-3% different from EUR, GBP and/or USD. Here it is 17-30%.
It's actually so cheap on Steam in Norwegian currency, that it is lower than the Historical lowest price given! (IIRC, re-seller sites and grey-market sites are not included)

Reactions: NDG
Is it just me that thinks the Control Scheme options is just a mess ? i did a Custom one since i use several stuff...now if i go to a replay i need to ALT+F4 to leave the game...... how hard is it to do a proper friendly user interface ?? Seriously ...getting on my nerves :/

Was disappointed that your video review didn't cover the historic racers. Maybe you talked about them and I wasn't listening closely enough?

Nice if they could do Historic Track DLC

You know me mate I prefer physics sure but driving modern F1 mods and tracks in other sims
are just not as immersive and they all look a little disjointed at times

P.S. Hey E, you never guess in million years what I brought ..........Forza 7 lmao and first ever gamepad in 30 years lol
Actually got to say it is no where near as bad as fanboys would make out !

F1 2018, Forza, Weckfest are now my sims when not simming
Oh and ATS ETS spintires and beam p

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline