F1 2018 F1 2018 - How do you change the names of the drivers?

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
The only thing I know is that when you change the language of the game only those files are changed :

audio/2018/speech/(every .nfs file)
audio/2018/speechpath/(language)/broadcast/(every .wem file)
installers/audio_(lng).vdf
installers/MSKinectLangPack_(lng).msi

The only thing I know is that when you change the language of the game only those files are changed :

audio/2018/speech/(every .nfs file)
audio/2018/speechpath/(language)/broadcast/(every .wem file)
installers/audio_(lng).vdf
installers/MSKinectLangPack_(lng).msi
I feel like the files are somewhere in under like all resources in an erp (or then in an exe which we can't open) so they don't change

has anyone found out yet ?
It is highly unlikely that there will be any progress any time soon, we have found hints of language files but the locations are likely either the game.dat file or the exe itself and neither is editable without a lot of work and computing knowledge. There's a few alternate ways but as very few people in this modding community actually have the programming background required to be able to work with the filetypes and extract data it seems like it'll be very slow progress unless Codies change something in a patch

It is highly unlikely that there will be any progress any time soon, we have found hints of language files but the locations are likely either the game.dat file or the exe itself and neither is editable without a lot of work and computing knowledge. There's a few alternate ways but as very few people in this modding community actually have the programming background required to be able to work with the filetypes and extract data it seems like it'll be very slow progress unless Codies change something in a patch
ok thank you,for the information,i really hope the community makes a breathrough so we can do it,thx for the reply :D

Is it possible to use Cheat Engine to modify the names of drivers/teams? I did a quick attempt and changed a driver name, but it did not save when I restarted the game. I am no expert at CE whatsoever though and probably forgot to finish up something.
it could be possible, I haven't used cheat engine so what exactly did you do to change the driver name (and do you possibly have screenshots)

it could be possible, I haven't used cheat engine so what exactly did you do to change the driver name (and do you possibly have screenshots)

I am a complete rookie with it to begin with, only using it in WWE2k17 and NBA2K17/18 for minor name changes, so please take that with a grain of salt. I open up cheat engine and simply searched for the name that I wanted to change in the Memory vIew tab. On the right side of the screen came the various names of the drivers. I had to scroll around in that area to find the other instances of the name like Lewis, Lewis HAMILTON and L.HAMILTON.
I did get the name to change in game on the Grand Prix section where it lists the drivers, but it did not save, so I didn't do it right. I will have to search the memory addresses of what I want to do it correctly I think. There must be some Cheat Engine experts here somewhere who could point us in a positive direction? I know tables listing names and team names can be created so anyone can just simply open the table and have the address handy to make a change - I just don't know how to do it myself.
PS - There may also have to be a hex edit when changing the name, something about the number of bytes or characters in the string.

I am a complete rookie with it to begin with, only using it in WWE2k17 and NBA2K17/18 for minor name changes, so please take that with a grain of salt. I open up cheat engine and simply searched for the name that I wanted to change in the Memory vIew tab. On the right side of the screen came the various names of the drivers. I had to scroll around in that area to find the other instances of the name like Lewis, Lewis HAMILTON and L.HAMILTON.
I did get the name to change in game on the Grand Prix section where it lists the drivers, but it did not save, so I didn't do it right. I will have to search the memory addresses of what I want to do it correctly I think. There must be some Cheat Engine experts here somewhere who could point us in a positive direction? I know tables listing names and team names can be created so anyone can just simply open the table and have the address handy to make a change - I just don't know how to do it myself.
PS - There may also have to be a hex edit when changing the name, something about the number of bytes or characters in the string.
based on the name values you found it seems to be able to edit the language files values via it, but it also edits a file that triggers the anti-cheat system in the game, so therefore likely the exe, which will mean we likely can't edit them separately. It could be possible to create new driver line-ups via cheat engine though

There should be localization folder in your game directory. Inside, there are .lng files. Those, you can open with "EGO Language editor", and inside you can change whatever you want. If you need more help, check also this thread: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2018-modding-questions-thread.158664/ :thumbsup:

have you ever opened the file of F1 2019. There is not the “localisation” directory with the language file or it would be a basic manipulation to change. This is more complicated !!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back