Resource icon

Misc F1 2018 Equal engines 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
StrongestFish submitted a new resource:

F1 2018 Equal engines - What if Honda & Renault same like Mercedes?

All teams have equal engine power based on Mercedes.
Engine upgrades in career equal too.

Works in:
Career
Quick race
Championships mode

Works in already started career with individual balance of all upgrades in your walkthrough.
Drag, visuals, sounds and other not changed.
Normal damage for now.
Included copypaste files and xml for install with Ego ERP Archiver if you have skin mods or old game version.

Without mod:
View attachment 295023
With mod:
View attachment 295024

Read more about this resource...

Can you help me how can i mod this?
For swap performances just export xml file from any team with Ego ERP Archiver and import this file into any another team. But Ai drivers different, and for balance it change mass value.
Mercedes xml file:
<Chassis>
<Mass value="733" />
Plus-minus 50 = plus-minus second per lap.

Hello sir, was hoping I could get some help. I'm fairly decent at modding on my own, although I must admit, the engine rev spines are completely nonsensical to me, I can guess the values but its not straightforward like AC is. One thing that is bugging me. I made my own version, quite simple, using your mod as a reference to make sure I was doing it correctly, so thanks! However once in game, my values don't seem to translate over to performance in the car comparison graph when you upgrade your car. I gave the Williams car 150000 on all of the top values when it comes to its engine, which means it should be well above any other manufacturer, but its still shows as equal to Mercedes and Force India. How can I change this? Am I missing a value, is there something in the XML that tells the game where it is on the graph relative to the other teams?

Graphs - it's a separate thing and not dependent on real power. I don't know how to change them. You can just ignore the graphs.
Thanks very much for the quick response Fish! Much appreciated. Another thing, my car has improved, but poor old lance has not. I'm guessing the game tells the Ai to shift when the engine reaches a certain amount of torque as opposed to RPM, which seems pretty backwards but whatever. So while I am taking advantage of my sweet new engine my teammate is short shifting into Oblivion, and only gets to take advantage of the car on the longest straights where he's stuck in 8th and can't upshift anymore. Do you know where the value to change that is?

could you explain me how to install it please?
Download archive, open folder "Copypaste", choose needed option - default or realistic damage, open and copy it so that you can combine F1 2018 folder from mod with your game folder.
For example game installation folder Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018, copy "F1 2018" from mod to Steam\steamapps\common\.

Download archive, open folder "Copypaste", choose needed option - default or realistic damage, open and copy it so that you can combine F1 2018 folder from mod with your game folder.
For example game installation folder Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018, copy "F1 2018" from mod to Steam\steamapps\common\.
Can I use it with krisdix mod
And will Mercedes power badge come on the cars

Can I use it with krisdix mod
And will Mercedes power badge come on the cars
You should do manual xml installation.

1.Install Krisdix mod.
2.Download Ego ERP Archiver here:
https://ryder25.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver
3.Open folder Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\asset_groups\f1_2018_vehicle_package\teams and find erp file of each team.
4.Open erp file in Ego ERP Archiver, choose Xml files -> import, and choose xml file from mod.
5.Save erp and repeat for each team. Mercedes xml located in common.erp, not in mercedes.erp.

Mercedes badge won't appear on cars.

You should do manual xml installation.

1.Install Krisdix mod.
2.Download Ego ERP Archiver here:
https://ryder25.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver
3.Open folder Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\asset_groups\f1_2018_vehicle_package\teams and find erp file of each team.
4.Open erp file in Ego ERP Archiver, choose Xml files -> import, and choose xml file from mod.
5.Save erp and repeat for each team. Mercedes xml located in common.erp, not in mercedes.erp.

Mercedes badge won't appear on cars.
Thanks

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%