F1 2017 WIP Thread

What did you do???
I clicked 'Export All' in the ERP Archiver, and that seemed to work and export them in the correct sizing (the mercedes_paint file was 1024x1024), unlike for incardriver when it exported them in a smaller size. However, if I tried exporting the paint file in the normal way, just exporting that file, it didn't seem to work.

Edit: However, the driver numbers seem to have been made smaller. I tried opening 77, so I could make a mod to make his number blue like it is, but it's tiny and blurred, it's 8x4 pixels.

Meh, wasted more than fours hours updating my transparent OSD mod only to notice the .erp file itself has a bug and since I based all version on the bugged file, all are bugged. I can reimport original files into it but there will be no effect / change anymore. Lol, first time I have this happen.

Huh, too many options and possibilities with the OSD. I am never satisfied :D I guess I will remove those menu buttons top of the rev, make the rev invisibile so the menu stays top of the mirror and will move the minimap out of the corner.
Too many things in mind :D

View attachment 210042
Managed to export mercedes_a paint file. Import also works. I didn't test ERP saving yet and game working, but I'm 98% sure this is working! This will fix all NEW mipmaps. There's no error message or sth! I will probably upload mod with all fixed mipmaps.:D:D:D

F1_2017_photo_20170906_180042 copy.jpg
F1_2017_photo_20170906_180053 copy.jpg

Can confirm that game erp does save and game does work (although not sure if game would crash after a while)

As expected game obviously doesn't save

So, codemasters likes to give headache, yeah? The hud elements have position coordinates. One would usually think X,Y,Z but noooooo ... some have X,Y,? some have ?,Y,? some have ?,Y,Y (dafuq!!!! why the element moves down when I either change the middle or the last coordinate?) When you put in the same coords for each element in the position and lap counter, nothing will be at the same position as one would think, lol.
Can't they program with some kind of decent logic?

There are some limitations when I add the F2004 Marlboro logo. The barge boards and rear wing turn black and the engine cover winglets are white and black. Also the left side Marlboro logo is mirrored so the letters are backwards. There isn’t anything that can be done at this point to fit these limitations.

Attachments

• 20170911233801_1.jpg
    20170911233801_1.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 20170911234310_1.jpg
    20170911234310_1.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 342
There are some limitations when I add the F2004 Marlboro logo. The barge boards and rear wing turn black and the engine cover winglets are white and black. Also the left side Marlboro logo is mirrored so the letters are backwards. There isn’t anything that can be done at this point to fit these limitations.

That probably has to do with the colours on the black and white on the Marlboro logo replacing the original red that was originally there

F1_2017_photo_20170918_213237.jpg

F1_2017_photo_20170918_213319.jpg

first try, WIP.
it's really stressful because no help. can't do wireframes and/or export the car model properly to do even a template. if i export some model, the UV is messed up. so all i can do is blind working.

EDIT
after importing the new redrawn paint. the game keep crashing after drive for a while. does the size (4096x4096) affect/trigger it?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back