F1 2017 F1 2017 Screenshot Image Reveal Featuring Classics and Modern F1 Cars

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Screenshots 5.jpg

Building up to a release later this month, Codemasters have revealed another batch of impressive looking screenshots from an array of content contained within F1 2017.

From some of the iconic racing cars of the history of the sport, right through to the brand new regulations of 2017, the new Codemasters Formula One game looks likely to have a little bit of something for all different open wheel tastes.

Scheduled to release on both console and PC in just under 15 days time, Codemasters have released another batch of new images from the game to help whet the appetite of potential players ahead of the official public release.

In other news, Codemasters have also been doing some promotional work with McLaren young driver and recent Hungarian test sensation Lando Norris. The young British driver has had the pleasure of taking out a selection of historic and modern machinery around the new for F1 2017 Suzuka Short Circuit, showing us plenty of in game footage and giving another taste of what the classics will be bringing to the title come the end of the month.

Check out the video for yourself below:

Speaking about his experiences with the upcoming game, Norris commented:

“Getting behind the wheel for the first time was a really great feeling - after my test in the 2017 car in Hungary, I’m happy to confirm that these cars are much faster and more intense to drive, and that really comes across in the new game,” stated Norris. “I think people are going to have a lot of fun driving the new breed of Grand Prix car in F1 2017.”

He continued: “It was also a really nice experience to get to re-live several chapters of McLaren’s past by driving classic cars from 1988, 1991, ’98 and 2008, each representing a world championship success for the team. The 2008 title-winning car has tons of downforce, and is a lot of fun to throw about. The heritage cars are really the icing on the cake.”

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on August 25th 2017.

F1 2017 Screenshots 1.jpg
F1 2017 Screenshots 2.jpg
F1 2017 Screenshots 3.jpg

The Formula One 2017 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest of the Formula One franchise of officially licenced games. Check in to keep track of the news and join in the discussion, and be sure to check out our racing club once the game releases to the public later this year!

F1 2017 Screenshots 4.jpg F1 2017 Screenshots 6.jpg F1 2017 Screenshots 7.jpg F1 2017 Screenshots 8.jpg F1 2017 Screenshots 9.jpg F1 2017 Screenshots 10.jpg

Are you excited for the new Formula One game? Which element of the title are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments section below!

It's mildly annoying for me that they don't have the tobacco logos, even if I completely understand why they're not there. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have some sort of system so you can verify you're over 18 and that way you could get all the cars as they were meant to be, including the Martini striped Williams? I know it sounds impractical, but it's the first thing that came to my head.

Other than that, every screenie looks more and more amazing, cannot wait for the 25th. Funny thing is that since it's a national holiday, I'll be home all day long!

Reactions: rw3
It's mildly annoying for me that they don't have the tobacco logos, even if I completely understand why they're not there. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have some sort of system so you can verify you're over 18 and that way you could get all the cars as they were meant to be, including the Martini striped Williams? I know it sounds impractical, but it's the first thing that came to my head.

Other than that, every screenie looks more and more amazing, cannot wait for the 25th. Funny thing is that since it's a national holiday, I'll be home all day long!

I wonder how long before PC version has someone do that?

This might actually be worth buying....
Although I have concerns regards Codemasters track record of release it then fix/patch it.

Maybe after the 3rd or 4th patch and by when it's well reduced in a couple of months after release

Last edited:
Presumably a licensing issue, or Pirelli don't want cars in the official F1 2017 game to have non-Pirelli tyres. I can see Bridgestone logos on some of the classic cars though.

Licensing seems to be evolving though: the MP4/4 had McLaren logos on the front wing when first revealed; it now has Shell, for example.

Remember that the classic cars are meant to be owned by some rich collector, like the ones you mostly see at Goodwood, and those don't always have the original tyres on. In most cases they have Avon tyres, custom-made. See this Lotus 98 for instance:
MowleLotus-04.jpg

It bugs me a bit, but I've come to terms with that in-universe explanation. Maybe you could think something similar about the four-grooved McLaren front tyres, but I do wonder what's the actual reason behind it. Sure, only us anoraks notice, but it seems odd.

Remember that the classic cars are meant to be owned by some rich collector, like the ones you mostly see at Goodwood, and those don't always have the original tyres on. In most cases they have Avon tyres, custom-made. See this Lotus 98 for instance:
It bugs me a bit, but I've come to terms with that in-universe explanation. Maybe you could think something similar about the four-grooved McLaren front tyres, but I do wonder what's the actual reason behind it. Sure, only us anoraks notice, but it seems odd.
CM have already said that this will be fixed in the same patch that will bring the cars to the current spec.

MowleLotus-04.jpg

Very well explained. Funny you say that because when I watch Goodwood that's the first thing I notice on the car! I don't know why It's such a big deal to me, I just can't help it! It Drives me crazy. Rather that though than not including the classics at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back