F1 2017 F1 2017 Released for PC, Xbox One and PS4

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Released 4.jpg

The latest in a long line of officially licensed Formula One games is here... introducing Formula One 2017 by British development studio Codemasters, available for PC and console from today.

Featuring the official license to represent the 2017 FIA Formula One World Championship, F1 2017 is the eight successive title to be released under the watchful eye of Codemasters and looks set to become the biggest and most polished release from the franchise to date.

Oh and to celebrate, check out the new TV advert for the game;

Fully Realised Career Mode
Delve deeper than ever before into the new vehicle management features that require the player to balance resource to improve performance, keep the car reliable, and avoid punishing grid penalties.

Pick up and Play Multiplayer
With improved multiplayer matchmaking, new online stats and a levelling system, and all multiplayer session types will allow the option of racing either the 2017 cars or the classic cars.

12 Absolute Classics
The classic cars are integrated into the career mode, and can be raced in both Single Class and Multi Class Races. There are also new ‘invitational events’ with a variety of exciting gameplay modes that include: Overtake, Pursuit, Checkpoint Challenge and Time Attack.
  • 1988 McLaren MP4/4 *
  • 1991 McLaren MP4/6
  • 1992 Williams FW14B
  • 1995 Ferrari 412 T2
  • 1996 Williams FW18
  • 1998 McLaren MP4-13
  • 2002 Ferrari F2002
  • 2004 Ferrari F2004
  • 2006 Renault R26
  • 2007 Ferrari F2007
  • 2008 McLaren MP4 -23
  • 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6
  • * (DLC car in F1 2017 Special Edition)
Research and Develop
We’ve completely overhauled how you progress your team in career mode. Many more options available to upgrade.

Alternate Track Layouts
A first for the franchise, as well as the 20 official circuits, there are four additional track variants added to the game.

Formula One 2017 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC right now.

F1 2017 Released 2.jpg
F1 2017 Released 3.jpg
F1 2017 Released.jpg

For more news, community chat and some pretty awesome online racing action, check out the links below;

F1 2017 Sub Forum
F1 2017 Racing Clubs and Leagues
F1 2017 Modding Forum
F1 2017 Community Car Setup Forum

How are you finding the new game? Happy with your experience so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I've just sent my oculus rift back for a refund!
Really sad to hear that, but I guess there are still issues to be ironed out as of yet. Hopefully the VR tech and implementation only gets better in the next couple of years.

Personally, I am loving it, but then I purchased my DK2 used from CEX. After paying about £150 for the whole thing it would have to be really dissapoibting to make me regret shilling out that amount (so far the only regret is my newfound inability to enjoy Automobilista in 2D :p).

As for F1 2017, without VR not even mildly interested. Even with VR it would be a hard sell (though so far opinions are rather promising), but without it, there's no possibility of me even trying.

Not really interested in this, as like others if it had VR and was still with issues. I would of purchased.

Feel many will buy P Cars 2 for a similar reason, wanting to enjoy it in VR while knowing it will have issues like its predecessor. Perhaps still not be a lead sim regards physics/handling/ffb but still fun, visually impressive and entertaining.

Try as you may, complain all day, but this is the only F1 game. Yes, there are others with modded cars and even some tracks to bring some of the F1 experience but this game is full F1. I started it up last night and the graphics are phenomenal. The sims that are out there are so far behind in terms of graphics. My rig is near the bottom of minimal requirements, I don't even get a full 60 fps but the graphics and motion are so much more satisfying than Asetto Corsa, for example. I have not set up the game yet on my pc for performance but I got to drive the MP4-6 around Suzuka and Monaco and was completely satisfied.

Ok, game looks promising,:thumbsup: have to admit, I like first reported performance improvements, but...
blame it on my total lack of imagination... I really really can't force myself into one of those "historic" races ! :cry: How can I pretend it's ok to race with cars spread all over twenty two years gap ?! :notworthy: Can't they just give us one "most interesting" season ? Naah... guess they reach some kind of deal with McLaren, Ferrari, Williams AND Red Bull. Who gives a flying puck about some... Arrowses, BARs, Lotuses, Tyrells, Benettons and those kind of... loosers you know...
Or just concentrate more to improve this one, with perhaps more content.
Who said VR too ? Ok, that too...

Last edited:
Really liking the game so far, it's the best F1 game from Codies without a doubt, career mode it's fantastic, finally i'm able to struggle to score points with a mid team in 110% difficulty (In F1 2016 i'm 2nd in the championship with Manor in my first season after Silverstone :mad:) . Can't wait for livery and car updates patch :D

OK, So I went against my better judgement, mostly because I wanted to enter the F1 e-sports Championship, and I bought this 'game'. 12mins in and a refund has been requested. Why is it that Codemasters expect me to adjust my own steering wheel rotation? also the graphics are awful. I have a gtx1080. There is zero sense of speed. Dreadful. Just Dreadful. Sim? I use the word Game loosely.

Not a fan of F1 bought the game just because I wanted something new. I will say tho I am enjoying it. I suck at it AI on Hard(60) but its still fun. Just started the Career mode with Haas completed two practices with only destroying a couple front wings.lol Gonna run the third, Q and the race hopefully tomorrow. Worth the $30 I spent.

Reactions: Rob
OK, So I went against my better judgement, mostly because I wanted to enter the F1 e-sports Championship, and I bought this 'game'. 12mins in and a refund has been requested. Why is it that Codemasters expect me to adjust my own steering wheel rotation? also the graphics are awful. I have a gtx1080. There is zero sense of speed. Dreadful. Just Dreadful. Sim? I use the word Game loosely.
Gamers are so hard to please these days... :D
Graphics are awful ? People with much worst cards reported opposite. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sense of speed is lacking ? Well set your (although I really hate huge FOVs, so unrealistic but.. each to his own guess) FOV as big is possible. Still lacking the sense of speed ? Then it must be you... :D
And about that huge pain of wheel adjustment all by yourself... I won't even start... :rolleyes:
You're so lonely here mate. :geek: It must be us though. :unsure:

Great game. I tried it for an hour tonight, but I was not able to get the most of it because I'm getting used to my new G29 and my new Wheelstand Pro on my PS4. I'm used to the PC versions of previous F1 games, but I decided to get it on the PS4 this year because my computer is getting old. The real mode that interests me is the "career" one, but I have not tried it yet. Will have to give it a go, but at the moment, I must say I'm quite happy about this game. Some people say it's not a real sim, but I could not care less, because anything played on a computer or a console is not a proper simulator.

It might be worth trying a new hobby.

How on earth are the gfx awful, you talking out of your behind.

Great game. I tried it for an hour tonight, but I was not able to get the most of it because I'm getting used to my new G29 and my new Wheelstand Pro on my PS4. I'm used to the PC versions of previous F1 games, but I decided to get it on the PS4 this year because my computer is getting old. The real mode that interests me is the "career" one, but I have not tried it yet. Will have to give it a go, but at the moment, I must say I'm quite happy about this game. Some people say it's not a real sim, but I could not care less, because anything played on a computer or a console is not a proper simulator.

Totally agree with your last line, they are all games played with toy steering wheels people are kidding themselves if they think it is anything otherwise although that is kind of the point.

And what a game this is. For any single player gamers out there this is a must have. No other driving game comes close to immersing yourself in the weekend of a race.

Just enjoy it for what it is. A bloody good game.

last game i picked up before this was F1 2014. i got this yesterday, enjoying it immensely. the handling feels great on gamepad, graphics on PS4 are good enough for me (could do without the blurriness but it's not too bad).

I really like the career mode, it's very in-depth. I haven't done any yet but had a look at the 'Championships' section last night and there are some really interesting championships and game modes in there. there is a huge amount of content in this for an F1 game.

The two things that are annoying me right now - there is an engine wear scaling bug where you get excessive wear on 25% race distance. But there's no bug from 50% race distance or above. anyway i'm driving with McLaren on 25% race distance so i guess it's kinda realistic to be replacing the whole engine every 2 races. ha.

also that stupid bug where the AI set too quick times if you fast-forward time in quali is STILL THERE. this has been there since F1 2011 i think. that's just ridiculous, sorry.

Awful graphics?

bNWhJoC.jpg

es7SP01.jpg

M54GZ4v.jpg

Sqo2TM1.jpg

cB0mJ4J.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back