F1 2017 F1 2017 Patch 1.6 Released (PC)

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Game Update 3.jpg

Codemasters have released another new patch for F1 2017, keeping up an impressive rate of development since releasing the latest official Formula One title.

Deployed today to PC, the patch brings with it some very useful fixes to a selection of the main issues still lingering within the new title. Credit where credit is due to Codemasters, the British development team have worked hard behind the scenes to bring new updates and hotfixes to Formula One 2017 since it released to the public back in August, and the level of community interaction and ongoing big fixing is a very pleasant change of philosophy for the long standing game makers, again showing signs of Codemasters intentions to lift themselves out of a (racing) game making doldrums that seem to have plagued the studio for the past few years.

It is worth noting that multiplayer stats will be wiped clean in future weeks once all current platforms hosting the game have received the latest update. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 build updates are currently going through the respective approvals process.

Build 1.6 Update Notes
  • Players losing vibration / force feedback in multiplayer
  • Grid penalties for changing parts now apply correctly when reforming the grid after a formation lap
  • AI will no longer post single sector times as lap times at Monaco
  • Improved texture quality on PS4
  • Stats for Public Multiplayer now work correctly (we will, however, be wiping the leaderboards in due course)
  • Added Polish subtitles
  • AI drivers will suffer reliability issues in Championships mode
  • Various crash fixes

Additional Info

Our internal QA team found to still be present, though we are continuing to investigate:
  • Fixed dark patches / shadows seen when on track

Want to know what the game plays like with a wheel and pedals? Got a burning desire to know more about F1 2017? Worry not, we have some videos that might interest you...

Answering Your F1 2017 Questions
Wet Monaco Racing (Career Mode Round 6)
Release Day Special

F1 2017 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

F1 2017 Game Update .jpg
F1 2017 Game Update 2.jpg

Want to know more about racing online here at RD in F1 2017? Check out our Introducing the F1 2017 Racing Club article to find out how you can get yourself in the mix online. Not enough for you? No worries, we have mods and chat all for your enjoyment! Check out the F1 2017 Sub Forum and get involved with your fellow community members. Remember, sim racing is awesome , but it's even better online!

Happy with the development pace of F1 2017? What are your impressions of the new patch? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'll buy the game when it's confirmed that they fix the insane blurriness in the distance. Refunded it after like 30 minutes. Console ports eh?

Never even noticed it. Your missing out on the best single player experience available.

Don't seem to be getting the qualification bug anymore, anyone else? Last two races last night I have deliberately not used the being on track at the end fix and it has worked fine.

Never even noticed it. Your missing out on the best single player experience available.

Don't seem to be getting the qualification bug anymore, anyone else? Last two races last night I have deliberately not used the being on track at the end fix and it has worked fine.
It is definitely there, as is the ridiculously low draw distance. It's a minor issue, but it absolutely needs to be fixed as it wasn't there in 2016. I'll be testing the qualifying bug tonight in Q1 as I easily have the pace in Russia to get out even with the bug, but I fully expect it to still be there as there were no mentions of it in the patch.

It is definitely there, as is the ridiculously low draw distance. It's a minor issue, but it absolutely needs to be fixed as it wasn't there in 2016. I'll be testing the qualifying bug tonight in Q1 as I easily have the pace in Russia to get out even with the bug, but I fully expect it to still be there as there were no mentions of it in the patch.
Maybe I just have better pace? At Austria second run in Q3 got 7th with still about 1:30min on the clock and no one improved the times. At Silverstone I was 6th but dropped to 8th by the end which is kind of expected so maybe I just have the A.I in the sweetspot for me at the moment.

Hope it get's sorted soonish. They do seem to be banging the patches out fairly regularly.

As for the blur like I say I have never noticed it, I tend not to go looking for faults on most things these days just enjoying the blast in the 2017 cars, Silverstone is epic with the downforce you have now. Just sat there with a massive :) on my face and a sweaty arse after quali, awesome fun.

Maybe I just have better pace? At Austria second run in Q3 got 7th with still about 1:30min on the clock and no one improved the times. At Silverstone I was 6th but dropped to 8th by the end which is kind of expected so maybe I just have the A.I in the sweetspot for me at the moment.

Hope it get's sorted soonish. They do seem to be banging the patches out fairly regularly.

As for the blur like I say I have never noticed it, I tend not to go looking for faults on most things these days just enjoying the blast in the 2017 cars, Silverstone is epic with the downforce you have now. Just sat there with a massive :) on my face and a sweaty arse after quali, awesome fun.
Could well be that the AI is not as good in qualifying on some tracks. Russia definitely seems to be like that for me so far, as I'm a second faster than the qualifying pace test, but I do know that it's a unique case as in 2016 they struggled in qualifying there yet were mighty in the race.

Good on them for busting out patches at a decent rate at least, yeah.

Impressive rate of development? I would like to see impresive level of the quality of the release. Anyway, better now than never... Patched like Frankenstein but still better and better! O tempora, o mores! :))

As myself and others expected, based on previous F1 titles. Why buy at release what is often a non properly/fully working/tested game? This title will be heavily reduced once the F1 season is over and perhaps by then it may have even a few more needed patches.

Codemasters do not seem to learn or think this is acceptable year after year?
Some may disagree but it just my own views on having little confidence in this developer to deliver rather than have a "patch later" attitude.

As myself and others expected, based on previous F1 titles. Why buy at release what is often a non properly/fully working/tested game? This title will be heavily reduced once the F1 season is over and perhaps by then it may have even a few more needed patches.

Codemasters do not seem to learn or think this is acceptable year after year?
Some may disagree but it just my own views on having little confidence in this developer to deliver rather than have a "patch later" attitude.
This is perfectly acceptable for a yearly release for a much more complicated sport than something like football, by a much smaller team than something like EA's. You're never going to spot everything from the get-go, and the additions and fixes compared to 2016 more than make up for the current bugs that need to be looked at.

"Impressive"?
Really?

Releasing a bugged and unfinished / unpolished game and then fixing it with tons of patches is considered impressive these days? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
It's not like it is a disaster area like some of the triple AAA tripe that gets released. For a relatively small team with the most intricate career mode available I think it is very impressive and the fact they are supporting it quickly deserves credit.

• Grid penalties for changing parts now apply correctly when reforming the grid after a formation lap
Shame they haven't fixed the predicted position bit for this... Qualify 8th in a Renault (6th best car), get a 10 place grid penalty for changing parts, and still expected to finish 9th, which would've been my expected position if I didn't have penalties...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back