F1 2017 F1 2017 Patch 1.13 Update Released... and Next Project Teased

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Updated 1.jpg F1 2017 Updated 2.jpg F1 2017 Updated 3.jpg F1 2017 Updated 4.jpg F1 2017 Updated 5.jpg F1 2017 Updated 6.jpg
Codemasters have deployed a new F1 2017 update alongside early indications of a new project in the works.. with early access up for grabs in the near future...

Ok so it isn't exactly the most substantial update sim racing has ever seen, however the latest changes deployed to F1 2017 from Codemasters are useful for those looking for a smooth multiplayer experience from the title, and very much welcomed by a sim racing community that understandably expected development of this game to be winding down as things begin to ramp up on the expected 2018 edition to the series.

Patch 1.13 Update Notes:
  • Fixed bug where the AI pits every lap after multiple weather transitions
  • Fixed bug where players will spawn on top of each other on the grid if posting the same time in an online qualifying session
  • Reduced chance of collision occurring when cars intersect due to network latency

As well as a new multiplayer focussed update, Codemasters have also hinted that new things are in the works with the British studio, and interestingly they didn't exactly reference the next project as the expected F1 2018... could the recent TOCA Touring Car themed tweets indicate a new touring car themed title is in the works, or is that just wishful thinking? Either way, Codemasters have confirmed the next title will be running in a private beta program much like F1 2017 last year, and applications to join are set to be launched in the next few weeks!

Formula One 2017 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

For more news, community chat and some pretty awesome online racing action, check out the links below;

F1 2017 Sub Forum
F1 2017 Racing Clubs and Leagues
F1 2017 Modding Forum
F1 2017 Community Car Setup Forum

Are you happy with how F1 2017 is developing? Do you like the latest F1 game from Codemasters? What would you like to see added to the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Anybody else have the game crashing? My pc freezes and must be restarted by pulling the plug. Then the bios boot doesn't find the boot drive automatically. Nothing else I do on my pc makes this happen, including Project Cars or Race Room. I've been playing F1 2017 without mods successfully without any problems until Update 1.13. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 with 16GB of RAM and a NVIDIA 1070 with 500w power supply. I have also uninstalled and installed the game from Steam several times and it still doesn't help. Any help is appreciated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%