Codemasters have deployed a slightly delayed update for Formula One 2017 on PS4 and PC, adding plenty of features and fixes to the title.
Expected to deploy earlier this month, the new update for Codemasters latest Formula One racing game has finally hit the game today, however the new build is only currently available for PlayStation 4 and PC. It is worth noting that no official release date for Xbox One has been confirmed, however the wait for the new update for Microsoft console owners is expected to be measured in days rather than weeks.
Build 1.10 Patch Notes - PC, Xbox One, PS4
- Safety Car - Fixed the falling too far back system so it will no longer give penalties incorrectly.
- Safety Car - Lapped cars will no longer be able to overtake cars that have lapped them.
- Fixed a bug that meant players could be disqualified when someone behind them did a jump start and drove through them while ghosted.
- Increased the terminal damage threshold from ~7m/s to 15m/s. (The terminal damage threshold is the speed below which you cannot terminally damage your car). 15 metres per second is ~33.5 miles per hour and ~54km/h.
- Fixed a minor graphical issue on the Ray Ban sponsor on the Ferrari.
- Added Xbox One X support. This includes 4K support, 60hz mirrors, upgraded car reflections, shadow filtering and texture filtering.
- Fixed a bug that caused the delta to stop working during a virtual safety car period.
- Fixed a bug that could cause cars to become desynchronised during multiplayer sessions.
- A red “disconnected” cross icon is now displayed next to the name of any player who has not sent network information recently to warn you that there is a connectivity issue.
For more news, community chat and some pretty awesome online racing action, check out the links below;
F1 2017 Sub Forum
F1 2017 Racing Clubs and Leagues
F1 2017 Modding Forum
F1 2017 Community Car Setup Forum
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!
Happy with how F1 2017 is developing? Pleased with the new update on PS4 and PC? What would you like to see developed in future? Let us know in the comments section below!