F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

For some reason I cant seem to open any .dds files. Like at all. I think its my computer. For photoshop, I have the plug in but when I open any .dds files, its just a black picture. For paint.net, it says there was an error while opening the file. I downloaded those 3D models of helmets and cars and I did manage to make my own helmet and save it as .dds file, it works all good, but then I cant open the file anymore :( anyone knows whats going on?
P.S my photoshop isnt portable AND I have AMD processor not intel

Last edited:
For some reason I cant seem to open any .dds files. Like at all. I think its my computer. For photoshop, I have the plug in but when I open any .dds files, its just a black picture. For paint.net, it says there was an error while opening the file. I downloaded those 3D models of helmets and cars and I did manage to make my own helmet and save it as .dds file, it works all good, but then I cant open the file anymore :( anyone knows whats going on?
you need the intel dds plugin, not the nvidia one

I have a very strange problem - i was renaming drivers in EGO ELE language editor as milion times before without any problems and today i was changing two drivers names - Sebastian Vettel and Jolyon Palmer. I changed correctly first names, last names, i changed correctly the last names with upper case, i changed the S. VETTEL and J. PALMER names. Simply everything. I saved the file.
But ingame, everywhere i see Jolyon VETTEL and Sebastian PALMER. There is no such name in EGO ELE, it is correct there as Jolyon PALMER and Sebastian VETTEL. How could this be possible? Can someone help me please? thank you

(i posted this post earlier in the wrong section for which i am very sorry, i removed it there and put it where it belongs.)

I have a very strange problem - i was renaming drivers in EGO ELE language editor as milion times before without any problems and today i was changing two drivers names - Sebastian Vettel and Jolyon Palmer. I changed correctly first names, last names, i changed correctly the last names with upper case, i changed the S. VETTEL and J. PALMER names. Simply everything. I saved the file.
But ingame, everywhere i see Jolyon VETTEL and Sebastian PALMER. There is no such name in EGO ELE, it is correct there as Jolyon PALMER and Sebastian VETTEL. How could this be possible? Can someone help me please? thank you

(i posted this post earlier in the wrong section for which i am very sorry, i removed it there and put it where it belongs.)
Check INBOX

Hello all you mod geniuses, first time poster hoping for some help.

Trying to get involved in this modding malarkey and having a bit of trouble. Pre-made mods all work fine - in fact I've been using these for quite some time on previous games - but in trying to make my own changes i'm struggling somewhat, have combed all the pages in here for guidance but cannot resolve this issue. (though a big thanks to all those who've contributed excellent info, it's been a huge help)

In the absence of the 2018 mod which was recently removed I've been updating pieces individually to my own liking, so have updated language files and installed other people's car mods without issue. I successfully swapped Renault engine and Audio into the Mclaren ERP (Using this team in career) and all that is left for total immersion is to change sponsor boards and team cushions in the hospitality area so far unsuccessfully :(

Here's what I have done using EEA 6.1(with directory linked) I unpacked textures from the various hospitality suites under asset groups - environment package - second world I modified various mclaren respective textures within various erp's but using the cushions as an example i opened this dds file in GIMP 2.8 with a dds plugin, amde changes then exported as DDS with DXT1 generate mipmaps and SRGB ticked, reimported in EEA and saved.

No changes appeared in game, In fact after changing a bunch of textures; career would crash on loading until I deleted the second world folder and copied in a backup file. I went for a second attempt at this point only to find that - at least in the case of the cushion - all my changes are there in erp preview!?

I would hazard a guess that this change remains in the preview due to something with mipmaps being separate and maybe i need a clean install to resolve that.

Essentially after this entire novel, I'm just hoping someone can help point me in the right direction of where I am going wrong? I'm as eager to forget Honda as Mclaren are so when I stare into my laptop screen I'd love to NOT see Mclaren Honda on the cushions or umbrellas
TA in advance guys

Spec Color Index.jpg
Yes, i have multiple layers. I looked to some other Spec map from other helmets, is it right that every colour has a different function? like chrome, mettalic and matt?

A few months back I indexed the different spec colors. The left side is least reflective (matt) and the right side which is white is the most reflective.

I think helmets use the different colors in order to break up the reflection but I not completely sure about that.

EGO ERP ARCHIVER:
Everytime i want to import a .dds texture in F1 2017 it does not save the mipmap. It only saves them ONCE with new unedited files. Once i import a modded texture the mipmap replacement window does not pop up and it is just a 0kb file.

Did never happen before. Running as admin does not help it.

Any ideas?

EGO ERP ARCHIVER:
Everytime i want to import a .dds texture in F1 2017 it does not save the mipmap. It only saves them ONCE with new unedited files. Once i import a modded texture the mipmap replacement window does not pop up and it is just a 0kb file.

Did never happen before. Running as admin does not help it.

Any ideas?

Set the directory to the main F1 2017 folder. If you already set it before set it again sometimes it loses the path.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back