F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

i dont know why but after patch 1.5 custom helmets doesnt work for me suddenly. they changed the design of the william barker helmet that was uset as the base and replacement (i think its com 6 or something like that) and it is now white + grey so the custom helmet is then also almost entirely white.

i dont know why but after patch 1.5 custom helmets doesnt work for me suddenly. they changed the design of the william barker helmet that was uset as the base and replacement (i think its com 6 or something like that) and it is now white + grey so the custom helmet is then also almost entirely white.
Maybe their intern has seen on the forum that we found a way to add our helmet instead of the com6... FkU Codies !

Am i the only one with the helmet problem since 1.5 patch? because nobody seems to comment about it, new helmet mods are appearing all the time. Is someone having the same issue? or the game glitched only for me?

Am i the only one with the helmet problem since 1.5 patch? because nobody seems to comment about it, new helmet mods are appearing all the time. Is someone having the same issue? or the game glitched only for me?
yep same here, game now crashes on saves(and does not save)

@Graham Laing Do you know what happened to this mod?
upload_2017-9-1_21-35-12.png

I can't even find the member http://www.racedepartment.com/members/tw-steel.341903/
Even if banned (like for his reply on his "Emma Jenkins New Suit 1.0" mod's review), like the other guy, the resources would remain as deleted thread, but that's not even the case here :O_o: Now, where are the girls?! :confused:

So, I'm confused, is this game pretty much ruined for modding? Seems like there won't be a way to put custom liveries and teams in the game this year, other car mods etc. Am I missing something?

So, I'm confused, is this game pretty much ruined for modding? Seems like there won't be a way to put custom liveries and teams in the game this year, other car mods etc. Am I missing something?

yes and no. Is the game ruined for modding? Not entirely. You can still edit helmet designs, change the names and stuff like that

The thing is the biggest part of F1 modding which is custom liveries and such is currently an issue since Codemasters implemented some dumbass 'security' method in order to prevent cheating in online, in that if they detect a car's .erp file to be edited regardless if it's something as simple as a livery change, then the game will not save (like after doing a race in career mode).

yes and no. Is the game ruined for modding? Not entirely. You can still edit helmet designs, change the names and stuff like that

The thing is the biggest part of F1 modding which is custom liveries and such is currently an issue since Codemasters implemented some dumbass 'security' method in order to prevent cheating in online, in that if they detect a car's .erp file to be edited regardless if it's something as simple as a livery change, then the game will not save (like after doing a race in career mode).
My game crashes now if I use custom helmets. It crashed the moment I changed from cockpit view, where you cant see the helmet, into some other camera view.
I dont know if it was just a coincidence though.

yep same here, game now crashes on saves(and does not save)
My custom helmet still works
The only thing I can think of is that you either didn't save the helmet as DXT1 no alpha, or imported it wrong

Hello good people of the F1 modding community.

I have a question regarding 'how to mod'. I'm thinking about dipping my toes in modding by creating a balance mod for the McLaren, more specifically the Honda engine. Yes, we all know it's down on power but I almost completely upgraded the power aspect (except for the legendary power upgrade) and I'm still only on par with the Sauber who use the previous season Ferrari engines. I'm thinking about either giving the upgrades a major boost or improving the baseline Honda to Renault values (or just below)

Which programmes do I need to adjust these values? I have the ERP archiver but I dont seem able to adjust any value when I load the mclaren.erp

Hello good people of the F1 modding community.

I have a question regarding 'how to mod'. I'm thinking about dipping my toes in modding by creating a balance mod for the McLaren, more specifically the Honda engine. Yes, we all know it's down on power but I almost completely upgraded the power aspect (except for the legendary power upgrade) and I'm still only on par with the Sauber who use the previous season Ferrari engines. I'm thinking about either giving the upgrades a major boost or improving the baseline Honda to Renault values (or just below)

Which programmes do I need to adjust these values? I have the ERP archiver but I dont seem able to adjust any value when I load the mclaren.erp
I would hold off on that for now because I think editing performance stops the career mode from saving (Thanks Denuvo Anti-Tamper)

Anyway this is a guide I did for 2016, but the same method would also work on F1 2017

I would hold off on that for now because I think editing performance stops the career mode from saving (Thanks Denuvo Anti-Tamper)

Anyway this is a guide I did for 2016, but the same method would also work on F1 2017

Thank you for this.

That's a shame though, about the Denuvo thingy... Do you think at some point in the future we'll get a workaround for this?

Thank you for this.

That's a shame though, about the Denuvo thingy... Do you think at some point in the future we'll get a workaround for this?
Not sure - a cracked exe looks the most likely workaround but that will probably take some time as a) Denuvo is difficult to crack and b) F1s popularity is lower than other games to be cracked coming out e.g. COD WWII, it also depends if you think its morally right to support game pirates.

There is also a chance that if enough people to complain to codemasters on twitter that it could be removed but I highly doubt that happening

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%