F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

That's because F1 2018's BDL files have the same sound duplicated for both the actual engine sound and the sound coming out of the exhaust. F1 2018 ignores the exhaust sound, but F1 2017 makes use of it, so if your engine sound is duplicated, you will have this weird effect.

I explained how to fix this to someone else, so I'll copy-paste it here. The gist of it is that you have to combine the raw engine sounds from F1 2018 with the exhaust sounds from F1 2017, and the process is as follows:

-Open the desired F1 2017 and F1 2018 BDLs in a hex editor (HxD in my case)
-Search for the string "egoeq" in the F1 2018 BDL - when you find the third entry, that is where the exhaust sounds start
-Once you've found the third "egoeq", highlight the entirety of the data from the first E in egoeq until the end of the file and delete it - keep your cursor here on this file as that's where the data you will copy soon will be put in
-Next, open the F1 2017 BDL and locate the third egoeq entry in that file
-When you find that third egoeq entry, highlight the entirety of the data from the first E in egoeq until the end of the file and copy it (CTRL-C)
-Go back to the F1 2018 BDL and paste the data you just copied into the file

This should fix the weird audio artifacts.

I cant remove anything from decal files - every time i delete anything from it, that place always appears white on the car. Using Photoshop CC, saving as dxt5 bc3. Does anyone knows why this happens?

I have a question. Can I somehow transfer a skin to another car? I know that due to the minmaps this is a bit difficult. I have a skin for the Red Bull car but would like to transfer the car to the Toro Rosso team so that I dont have to replace Red Bull. Has anyone an idea how to do that?

Is it possible to bring faces and tracks from F1 2016, 2018 and 2019 to F1 2017? I would like to see Paul Ricard and Hockenheim to replace 2 short tracks.

hi guys. just question... its possible in some way to replace f1 2017 tyre model with 2018 or 19? i mean 3d model of 18 or 19 tranfer to 2017 game. 2017 is soo unrealistic and in 18 and 19 codies made way better job...

That's because F1 2018's BDL files have the same sound duplicated for both the actual engine sound and the sound coming out of the exhaust. F1 2018 ignores the exhaust sound, but F1 2017 makes use of it, so if your engine sound is duplicated, you will have this weird effect.

I explained how to fix this to someone else, so I'll copy-paste it here. The gist of it is that you have to combine the raw engine sounds from F1 2018 with the exhaust sounds from F1 2017, and the process is as follows:

-Open the desired F1 2017 and F1 2018 BDLs in a hex editor (HxD in my case)
-Search for the string "egoeq" in the F1 2018 BDL - when you find the third entry, that is where the exhaust sounds start
-Once you've found the third "egoeq", highlight the entirety of the data from the first E in egoeq until the end of the file and delete it - keep your cursor here on this file as that's where the data you will copy soon will be put in
-Next, open the F1 2017 BDL and locate the third egoeq entry in that file
-When you find that third egoeq entry, highlight the entirety of the data from the first E in egoeq until the end of the file and copy it (CTRL-C)
-Go back to the F1 2018 BDL and paste the data you just copied into the file

This should fix the weird audio artifacts.
How do you know which byte is responsible for what?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%