F1 2017 F1 2017 Introduces the 2006 Renault R26, Plus New Red Bull / Toro Rosso Images

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Renault R26 .png

Codemasters have revealed the ninth piece of classic content coming to F1 2017, confirming the 2006 title winning Renault R26 of Fernando Alonso.

With the R26 taking top honours in the hands of the then 24-year-old Alonso, the iconic V10 powered Renault will be joining such famous machines as the 1992 Williams FW14B, 1995 Ferrari 412 T2, 1996 Williams FW18, 2002 Ferrari F2002, 2004 Ferrari F2004, 2007 Ferrari F2007 and 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6 – and the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 in something of a collection of some of the sports most successful machines.

With grooved tyres, narrow track chassis and a powerful V10 Renault engine, the R26 went on to secure eight victories during 2006 in the hands of both Alonso and Italian team mate Giancarlo Fisichella, securing a second Drivers World Championship in a row for Alonso and Renault's second Constructors Championship success.

To mark the announcement, Codemasters have released the below trailer of the car that is to be included as classic content in F1 2017 - released later this year for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

In other Formula One 2017 news, several in game images of the Red Bull and Toro Rosso cars have surfaced recently, showing off the new wider, sleeker and more powerful 2017 specification cars in game and out on track.

Red Bull need no introduction this year in the hands of outside championship challengers Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen, however it is the striking Scuderia Toro Rosso cars that have turned plenty of heads in 2017 and not just because of the dramatic move away from the standard Red Bull colour scheme.

Running talented youngster Carlos Sainz Junior and Russian journeyman Danii Kvyat, Toro Rosso seem to have made genuine strides this year in a bid to move the cars further up the Grand Prix field. Born of the remnants of perennial backmarkers Minardi, Toro Rosso did win a Formula One race as far back as 2008 in the hands of a young Sebastien Vettel, however since that victory at Monza podium positions and indeed top five results have been hard to come by for the Italian minnows.

2017 has on occasion seen the car displaying strong outright pace, and with the talented Spaniard Sainz behind the wheel the fight for best of the rest still remains firmly in the squads own hands with the second half of the season ahead of them.

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in August 2017.

F1 2017 Red Bull.jpg
F1 2017 Red Bull 2.jpg
F1 2017 Red Bull 3.jpg
F1 2017 Red Bull 4.jpg
F1 2017 Toro Rosso 2.jpg
F1 2017 Toro Rosso.jpg
F1 2017 Toro Rosso 3.jpg
F1 2017 Toro Rosso 4.jpg

The Formula One 2017 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest of the Formula One franchise of officially licenced games. Check in to keep track of the news and join in the discussion, and be sure to check out our racing club once the game releases to the public later this year!

Happy to see the R26 join the game? Which other cars would you like to see included as part of the classic content line-up? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Very excited for this one. F1 2016 has been a blast to drive, and although it'll never be as good as, say, AC or iRacing, considering what we were getting before as an official F1 game, it was the best game in years. Now that they have a great base to build on, and they're bringing back the classic cars, I have high hopes.
I just hope they fix the ghosting while the SC is out, hate getting passed and then I can't get my position back.

Looking pretty! :D

So far all of the WIP shots show the cars in pre-Barcelona liveries. Would be nice if they could update them pre-release but it's not a deal-breaker in my eyes.

Also, I can understand why the Mild Seven logos aren't on the R26, but I'm surprised to see Telefonica's logo gone too :O_o:

There will be no Brawn, sorry. As seen in product's description (I think gamestop?), 12 cars from 5 teams - we have Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull, now Renault, and McLaren with some still unannounced cars.

Also, I think more news are to be expected before Silverstone - so probably next week.

Will it be any 2008 car (McLaren or BMW :)) in game? Can you tell me or you can't say anything?

Will these cars be able to be raced against each other or in one-make races?
Good question. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to field all of the classics in one race.
However, F1 2013 already had classic cars, but you couldn't mix them with (then) current cars, probably because of licencing.
I sure hope it'll be different this time. I'd love to put the SF70H against the F2002, F2004 and F2007 :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back