F1 2016 F1 2016 Update 1.7 Live for PC - Xbox One & PS4 to Follow

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Update.jpg

Codemasters have deployed a new patch for the PC edition of the Formula One 2016 game, with several enhancements to the base game, several crash bug fixes and a nice Nvidia SLI performance improvement .

As is unfortunately the norm when releasing updates for both console and PC versions of a game, the PC update has been released slightly sooner the both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, due to the lengthy approvals process employed by Microsoft and Sony respectively. Codemasters have confirmed the PlayStation 4 update has been Q&A approved and submitted to Sony, with the Xbox One update still under internal testing at the studio.

Update 1.7 Patch Notes
  • Added the Master difficulty option to bridge the gap between Expert and Legend.
  • Added the Master difficulty option when starting a new Career and Championship Season. - New for v1.7.0
  • Changed the tyre rules so the tyre you start the race on counts as a mandatory for the race.
  • Falling too far behind penalties will no longer be given after being told to overtake the Safety Car.
  • Corrected a few translation issues.
  • Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause race sessions to never end.
  • Fixed a bug that could give players who rejoin a multiplayer session the wrong tyres. - New for v1.7.0
  • All cars now use the same gearbox when playing with Equal Performance. - New for v1.7.0
  • Nvidia Scalable Link Interface (SLI) performance improvements. - New for v1.7.0
  • Fixed a number of crash bugs.

Formula One 2016 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

The Formula One 2016 sub forum here at RaceDepartment has all the latest news and discussions regarding Codemasters current Formula One game. We host a large number of mods and have several excellent racing club events, join in today!

Have you tried the new update yet? How frustrating do you find the delay for console updates? How is the game developing in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

I've only registered 10 hours of time with this game as I keep trying it, hoping to like it and take it for what it is, and rage quit when the car / feedback does some arcade-style behaviour and throws me off the track. If only it had a proper simulation mode (that could run along side the mainstream mode it's in now) which provided decent tyre / general physics and force feedback that actually told you grip levels. Can't see a patch saving this one, so will do the annual hoping for their next attempt.

So... it's getting incredibly hard with all these top sims battling for my time. Great problem to have obviously. ;)

1.) Not tried the update yet as haven't had the time unfortunately.

2.) I can understand the frustration for the console users as I used to be one. PC is so much quicker and glad I have it on that. Just wish that when these people released the games on Xbox or PS4 they also include a PC key too.

3.) Think it's developing well and CM are engaging users for feedback and appear to be listening. Bugs are being sorted and the title is easily the best they've released for this series.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%