Resource icon

Misc F1 2016 Tarmac-FFB 2016-10-09

Login or Register an account to download this content
JayJayRaceinho submitted a new resource:

F1 2016 Tarmac-FFB - adding more tarmac/roadfeel for Wheels

F1 2016 by nature has a very weak 'Roadfeel' for wheels so here is a little mod on for Wheels to add more Tarmac-FFB. Primarly tested on Logitech DFGT but may also work on other wheels.

4 different files with various strength settings :

1. strong
2. stronger (the one available on the forum)
3. stronger
4. experemintal (more general surface-ffb with a few tweaks)

The FFB on the tarmac also depends on the track and track-surface, not every track-surface is bumpy.

Own personal settings...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, I had a look at the ffb file myself but couldn't make sense of it, an idea for a good mod is a small vibration when you change gear? It was a mod on F1 2014 so I imagine its possible? Nice work! :thumbsup:

i am aware of those old ffb files from the past F1 games, but CM made a complete new FFB setup. The old 'effectssetup.xml' where every FFB is easily tagged with its name is unfortunately gone on F1 2016.

Most is crypted stuff which makes the task a bit complicated.

hey do you know how i can get the xml file repacked into the erp container?
i want test some ffb settings as ive been looking into the xml file in detail and i think im figuring some stuff.

Well, don't get your hopes up with the brake&understeer effect to be fixed by CM - the default FFB allready shows how uninterested Codemasters are in spending manpower and $ in a modern FFB-Engine. It's probably just a tiny tiny bug, but yeah, even tiny tiny bugs can be a complicated task :D

But if it gets fixed with a patch, i'll re-upload it again ofc.

Well, don't get your hopes up with the brake&understeer effect to be fixed by CM - the default FFB allready shows how uninterested Codemasters are in spending manpower and $ in a modern FFB-Engine. It's probably just a tiny tiny bug, but yeah, even tiny tiny bugs can be a complicated task :D

But if it gets fixed with a patch, i'll re-upload it again ofc.
it is retarded, the ffb config is retarded.
i completely get your issue as we only get right side forces if we enable the slip effects.
i dont know why codies have broken disabled effects in their files and looks like they're not going to bother fixing it.
if i understood it right looks like the slip effects read the "wave tables" that are labeled after the plugin values.
so slip values only have x,y coordinates. assuming they're coordinates with a 0 value then we have no negative values(left side loads?). at least im assuming this in my ignorance as why we only have "right side ffb effects".

it is retarded, the ffb config is retarded.
i completely get your issue as we only get right side forces if we enable the slip effects.
i dont know why codies have broken disabled effects in their files and looks like they're not going to bother fixing it.
if i understood it right looks like the slip effects read the "wave tables" that are labeled after the plugin values.
so slip values only have x,y coordinates. assuming they're coordinates with a 0 value then we have no negative values(left side loads?). at least im assuming this in my ignorance as why we only have "right side ffb effects".

...the wave tablets are there to smooth out the effect. The coordinates represent the curve when the effects apply and how strong the effects apply. little kinda funny, the Rear-Slip Ratio is working, so i assume they simply forgot to apply the right coordinates responsible for the wheel direction to the brake and understeer effects. So, it's nothing, which isn't allready in the game which allready does it's job properly.

Something like _y- and _y+ which mostly represents Wheel Direction values...and CM has probably just _y- and again _y- for brake&understeer :whistling:

Last edited:
Ye because these effects are supposed to be only for pads.... Honestly, why modding and changing stuff if the system used is not familiar? The system separates things for pads and wheels. There is no way to add understeer properly from the FFB file, because the game takes it from the tyres, and you would need the tool used to create the tyres to tune it.

Last edited:
Ye because these effects are supposed to be only for pads.... Honestly, why modding and changing stuff if the system used is not familiar? The system separates things for pads and wheels. There is no way to add understeer properly from the FFB file, because the game takes it from the tyres, and you would need the tool used to create the tyres to tune it.

not quite right, actually, not right at all ;) .... the game takes it from the tyres and the ffb-file translates the data from the tyres (actually it would be quite a bad idea to modify the tyres =physics/handling) for your wheel so you have a feeling what is happening on the road...and if you would know how to read properly .... ah, nvm.;)

i heard the last patch was released and only one thing was changed. I don't have F1 2016 installed anymore and if you think of buying future Codemasters Games....think twice :sneaky::whistling:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%