F1 2016 F1 2016 Monza Hot Lap with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Monza .jpg

Following Sebastian Vettel's podium placing at last weekends Italian Grand Prix, Codemasters have released a nice on-board hot lap video of the Scuderia Ferrari driver's virtual self in the new Formula One 2016 Xbox, PS4 and PC racing game.

Lots of racing fans already agree that F1 2016 is the pinnacle of Codemasters Formula One game releases, and with a couple of pretty sizable updates already behind the title, many would find it rather difficult to argue against that opinion.

For the benefit of those who are yet to sample the game for yourselves, enjoy this little on board lap with the German four time World Champion around the classic Italian venue:

F1 2016 Monza Hotlap

F1 2016 is here, and we like it... a lot. Check out the RaceDepartment F1 2016 sub forum to discuss the game with fellow enthusiasts, download a mod or two and join in with some of the epic racing events on offer.

Do you enjoy F1 2016? New to the Codemasters F1 series or an experienced veteran? How does F1 2016 stack up against its predessesors? Let us know in the comments section below!

Montoya wasnt bad

Montoya was blindingly fast a lot of the time. I think people saw Montoya in Maldonado which is part of the reason he lasted so long in spite of his frequent crashes - just were hoping Pastor could get to Montoya ratio of brilliant races to mistakes. In the end, Montoya just complained a bit too much to the media and let the politics/engineering inequalities get the best of him. Da Matta also had potential to do well, but basically got canned after complaining to the media too much.

We say it a lot in different ways, but it's not really a true comparison these days. People like Rosberg get hated on for not having any flair/extraordinary speed, but his strength has always been how steady he is. He's not the fastest, but outside of trying to intimidate Lewis, I have a hard time coming up with instances of him crashing due to mistakes. This era of "preservation formula" rewards drivers like Rosberg with long careers and maybe (with some luck) a chance to be a world champion. Lewis is much more of an old school raw speed driver. He just happens to have transcendent enough talent that people (and his points status) can tolerate his mistakes.

Montoya was blindingly fast a lot of the time. I think people saw Montoya in Maldonado which is part of the reason he lasted so long in spite of his frequent crashes - just were hoping Pastor could get to Montoya ratio of brilliant races to mistakes. In the end, Montoya just complained a bit too much to the media and let the politics/engineering inequalities get the best of him. Da Matta also had potential to do well, but basically got canned after complaining to the media too much.

We say it a lot in different ways, but it's not really a true comparison these days. People like Rosberg get hated on for not having any flair/extraordinary speed, but his strength has always been how steady he is. He's not the fastest, but outside of trying to intimidate Lewis, I have a hard time coming up with instances of him crashing due to mistakes. This era of "preservation formula" rewards drivers like Rosberg with long careers and maybe (with some luck) a chance to be a world champion. Lewis is much more of an old school raw speed driver. He just happens to have transcendent enough talent that people (and his points status) can tolerate his mistakes.

Actually, given that Lewis is probably the fastest driver at the moment and Rosberg can OFTEN equal his qualifying and race pace, Rosberg might not be the fastest but he's deffo fast enough to be considered a top driver.

Actually, given that Lewis is probably the fastest driver at the moment and Rosberg can OFTEN equal his qualifying and race pace, Rosberg might not be the fastest but he's deffo fast enough to be considered a top driver.

And also, Rosberg does make a lot of mistakes especially under pressure, and even drives slower than he can when under pressure. He does make mistakes. Lewis doesn't give a fck and just pushes as hard as he can and hardly ever makes mistakes, if anything it's Rosberg who's underperforming.

And also, Rosberg does make a lot of mistakes especially under pressure, and even drives slower than he can when under pressure. He does make mistakes. Lewis doesn't give a fck and just pushes as hard as he can and hardly ever makes mistakes, if anything it's Rosberg who's underperforming.

Maybe I'm underrating him a bit, but to me Rosberg feels like a driver who will put the car where it's supposed to be. Right now he's in the best car so he will be winning. If he was in a Williams, he would be consistently finishing 7th. In a Manor, probably 18th (if no retirements of course). He's like a slightly better (and WAY luckier) Nick Heidfeld.

I can see Lewis, Verstappen, Vettel, Alonso, etc. taking that Torro Rosso to a win. Just to pre-empt the haters, when McLaren was falling off, we did see Lewis drag those dogs of cars to some wins. We have seen Rosberg pull one off he maybe shouldn't have, but then again, so did Pastor...

Maybe I'm underrating him a bit, but to me Rosberg feels like a driver who will put the car where it's supposed to be. Right now he's in the best car so he will be winning. If he was in a Williams, he would be consistently finishing 7th. In a Manor, probably 18th (if no retirements of course). He's like a slightly better (and WAY luckier) Nick Heidfeld.

I can see Lewis, Verstappen, Vettel, Alonso, etc. taking that Torro Rosso to a win. Just to pre-empt the haters, when McLaren was falling off, we did see Lewis drag those dogs of cars to some wins. We have seen Rosberg pull one off he maybe shouldn't have, but then again, so did Pastor...

To be fair, Rosberg outscored drivers who had cars capable of winning races ( Trulli, Glock, Kovalainen ) and drivers who probably had a better car ( Kubica, Heidfeld )... in a shitty Williams, and he was outscoring Hamilton until McLaren brought huge improvement, and Hamilton started winning races.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 400 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 270 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 259 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 187 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 317 13.0%