F1 2016 F1 2016 Monza Hot Lap with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Monza .jpg

Following Sebastian Vettel's podium placing at last weekends Italian Grand Prix, Codemasters have released a nice on-board hot lap video of the Scuderia Ferrari driver's virtual self in the new Formula One 2016 Xbox, PS4 and PC racing game.

Lots of racing fans already agree that F1 2016 is the pinnacle of Codemasters Formula One game releases, and with a couple of pretty sizable updates already behind the title, many would find it rather difficult to argue against that opinion.

For the benefit of those who are yet to sample the game for yourselves, enjoy this little on board lap with the German four time World Champion around the classic Italian venue:

F1 2016 Monza Hotlap

F1 2016 is here, and we like it... a lot. Check out the RaceDepartment F1 2016 sub forum to discuss the game with fellow enthusiasts, download a mod or two and join in with some of the epic racing events on offer.

Do you enjoy F1 2016? New to the Codemasters F1 series or an experienced veteran? How does F1 2016 stack up against its predessesors? Let us know in the comments section below!

Right. Keep telling yourself that "the best drivers are in F1." When you wake up and realize that even greats like Button and Alonso question the "sport" for being a race to technology (and fuel management) and not of driver skill, perhaps you will get it.

Ever wonder why nobody but Mercedes was even in the race for the last three years? Or are you fooling yourself because you picked the wrong German? Vettel never walked away with any title. His challengers had years to catch up, unlike Rosberg, who was (and is) a failure before he had a fast car.

Oh, and by the way, the best drivers are in IndyCar, despite your prejudice and derision. Open you eyes and your mind and maybe you can figure out why. (Hint: It has to do do with the quality of cars and the diversity of tracks, not money laden machinery that proves nothing but how rich you are. Do you even realize that 1/2 of all F1 drivers are there because their Daddy brings a rich sponsor?)

Rosberg was a failure? Don't make me laugh. He was highly rated by experts and fans. He outperformed his teammates and now he's bringing a great fight to Hamilton who's arguably the best driver on the grid ( Rosberg can be quicker on his day ). And that's not my opinion, it's a fact and stats prove me right.

Last edited:
There's good drivers everywhere. Formula One has the highest concentration of outright speed and talent because it's the pinnacle of Motorsport, but just because the sport may not be governed or delivered in the fashion you like, does that in any way act as an indicator of driver talent. Nor does it mean they'd be successful or failure in other categories.

• Juan Pablo Montoya - Former F1 driver, moved to Indycar and has done exceptionally well.
  • Robert Kubica - Forced out of F1 after his rally accident. Moved to WRC and has been mediocre at best.
  • Sebastian Loeb - Former WRC driver and widely recognized as one of, if not the GOAT, moved to WTCC and was utterly rubbish. He was handily beaten by Jose Maria Lopez who, relatively speaking, is a nobody.
  • Mark Webber - Retired from F1, moved to WEC and has done exceptionally well.

And there's plenty more examples where drivers have changed categories and either done well or not. The state of formula one is not an indicator of overall driver talent.

There's good drivers everywhere. Formula One has the highest concentration of outright speed and talent because it's the pinnacle of Motorsport, but just because the sport may not be governed or delivered in the fashion you like, does that in any way act as an indicator of driver talent. Nor does it mean they'd be successful or failure in other categories.

• Juan Pablo Montoya - Former F1 driver, moved to Indycar and has done exceptionally well.
  • Robert Kubica - Forced out of F1 after his rally accident. Moved to WRC and has been mediocre at best.
  • Sebastian Loeb - Former WRC driver and widely recognized as one of, if not the GOAT, moved to WTCC and was utterly rubbish. He was handily beaten by Jose Maria Lopez who, relatively speaking, is a nobody.
  • Mark Webber - Retired from F1, moved to WEC and has done exceptionally well.

And there's plenty more examples where drivers have changed categories and either done well or not. The state of formula one is not an indicator of overall driver talent.

Being able to race an F1 car means that you can do well in any other category, those cars are hard to drive. I got the chance to race in Formula BMW and at the beginning I could barely drive the car out of the garage, and it wasn't too easy to drive it fast, now imagine a Formula 1 car.

• Deleted member 115516

I am sure I should even bother responding to that statement are you serious?

How many indycar drivers have come into F1 and been successful?

Mario Andretti was top draw I will give you that.

Any others?

Villeneuve had a great car in 1997 but turned into a bit of :poop:

Am I missing anyone else?
Montoya wasnt bad

That lap seems a AI lap to me.. too clean, no corrections, too precise. Not even the best player in the world drives so clean.

Easy to drive that clean with TCS and ABS enabled and without this game is a joke in handling (compare to the F1 in AC and i think the real ones are even less snappy). But maybe it´s not all about the physics, my pedals have a huge dead zone and i have to push about 10 kg (from maybe 35 kg max) before 1% break kicks in and same with the throttle travel.

Game's still fun and I'm enjoying it for what it is. A more enjoyable F1 series then the one on the telly. :D

As for drivers eh. I find a lot of the really talented drivers that get drives due to talent can't really limit themselves to one series, heck look at Felix Rosenqvist, kid drives in DTM, GT3, Indy Lights, Formula E and is the reigning F3 champion. Would no doubt be in F1 if say IKEA was bankrolling him. :D Hulkenberg above is a good example too. Then again it's sadly nothing new. Vettel isn't a flawless driver but at least he's up there on merit.

Kubica was a talented driver but not so wise...

About the video. Does anybody know the Vettel opinion about the game? Hotlap made by him is only a marketing stroke...

Anyway, F1 2016 is finally about something more than mindless grinding around. But would you Codemasters may improve the statistic aspect of the game? After all season long I'm aware only about my positions in particular races. Maybe will be more fun when the game may recorded times and positions of other drivers. Now in XXI century In F1 2016 I must note that with my pencil...

Last edited:
  • ronniej

I was a huge supporter/fan of the F1 series from Codies, but I'm still sour over the F1 2014 copy/paste and the F1 2015 broken release fiasco... They still don't seem to care about it, so I won't be rushing to add that to my library at over $66 again just yet, as AC and rFactor2 are doing a fine job taking care of my Formula one itch.

I'm a massive Button fan but really?
Jense only won a single world championship and I'm afraid to say it was in a car that any of the drivers at the time could have won it in.
Sebby is a four time world champion. That puts him up there with Schumacher, Fangio and Prost...
You can have amazing driving skills, but if you don't have a great car with you. Your chance of success is not so high :p
I mean, look at Seb now. The Ferrari is so weak compare to Mercedes. Or look at Schumacher, when he wins 7 titles, he had like on of the best F1 car at that time. And when he return to F1 and race from 2010 to 2012, Mercedes's car wasn't so good. If you put Schumi in the current Merc car, Im sure he can be a title contender. ;)
Just my personal opinion

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back