F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Okay so I'm starting pre-organising a season mod for F1 2017, if you are interested in participating for modding it contact me here. (This is all presuming that they don't change the mechanics too much, which is not too bad to assume as they are keeping the same engine for the game)

Hello I am starting to moddding and i want to know how i can put per example the toro rosso paint in the red bull chassis, because I tried but the car seens silver

alright i need help, can someone explain in detail how to change car model exemple using the mercedes car model to replace the ones from sauber.
been trying to play with it but crashes game each time or when it work it haves the mercedes livery and not the wip livery i am trying to do
thanks you

alright i need help, can someone explain in detail how to change car model exemple using the mercedes car model to replace the ones from sauber.
been trying to play with it but crashes game each time or when it work it haves the mercedes livery and not the wip livery i am trying to do
thanks you
i got it after looking at a few other mod
"Model": {
"mat binding": "stri eaid://f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/marussia/idf/marussia.emb?context=default",
"model": "stri eaid://f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/lotus/idf/lotus.idf?context=render"
1st ( the car model you want to replace for a certain team)
2nd(model the car youre taking from)

P.s try to grab decal, paint and any other thing you need for the transfer and rename it

hello guys.. is it possible to edit the individual driver's skill like you could on previous f1 versions ?
No.
how can you change the driver nubers?
Open 'team'.erp file and go to textures. You will see files for car numbers.
hey am new to f1 modding I've got the hang of modding the car decal but could someone explain how to mod the pit crew and garage etc
I believe it's same way as paint and decal files.

No.

Open 'team'.erp file and go to textures. You will see files for car numbers.

I believe it's same way as paint and decal files.
I managed to get the haas pit crew outfit into photoshop but when I change the colours and put it back in the game threw erp and save it the outfit stays the same colour when I open the game

Hi! I have a problem, I created a mod that replaces the manor livery with one created by me when I insert the mod in the game the files remain those of the manor. I also published the mod on the site (because my friend tried the mod and it work) but also the users of this site found my own problem. How can I fix it? (Eh...I think my friend lied to me)
P.S. Is the right thread this, right?

I don't know if something changed within my Photoshop but now whenever i load an asset into it the edges of everything artefact, it goes pixelated with random pixels missing along the edges as well as random squares added onto the edges too, anyone had this problem before and if so how did you sort it?

Cheers.

Something small heading your way, but first i nned a little help because i need to switch force india chasis with williams and i dont know which files are needed for that
pkbfR5a.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years