F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Great finding, but why 3 files per helmet:
Three files per texture.

*_d stands for diffuse map:
The diffuse map is your basic color texture, here you will define the color information for your materials.

*_s stands for specular map:
The specular map is used to define both the color and strength of the specular reflection highlights.

*_n stands for normal map:
The normal map provides per pixel lighting/shading information.

I ran into a problem extracting the racecrew in noesis. It says I need an integer, is there any way around it?
Same here guys, half the .mipmaps files in this game can't be opened because I get an error when i double click in noesis (it also won't export those same files I get an error with, obviously)

How to get the number style files of each team? I can not open with Ego ERP Archiver any number file.
it appears with this name: toro_rosso_driver_2!!!temp000

Updated Noesis script:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qsa17ansbdfajdb/tex_F12016_mipmaps.zip

Should include all textures in character_package and f1_2016_vehicle_package. While most textures in environment_package are viewable, alot of them dont have the right ratio or compression setting.

Does anybody have access to the UV mappings and can share them? I hate trying to guess where anything is
Thats illegal.

Is there maybe a way to have the air vents on career helmets?
Look at Kimis helmet textures to get an idea.

How do I prevent the career helmet from being recoloured in the colours I picked at the start of my career?
Dont use pure RGB or use a helmet that doesnt use RGB, like the booster package helmets.

Updated Noesis script:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qsa17ansbdfajdb/tex_F12016_mipmaps.zip

Should include all textures in character_package and f1_2016_vehicle_package. While most textures in environment_package are viewable, alot of them dont have the right ratio or compression setting.

Thats illegal.

Look at Kimis helmet textures to get an idea.

Dont use pure RGB or use a helmet that doesnt use RGB, like the booster package helmets.

I initially picked helmet 14, but would like the gold career booster design instead. The latter design, number 28, doesn't feature any pure RGB (It's gold, white and black) but when I replace the the mipmap files and the erp files the game colours the white parts goldish and the gold parts red, both colours I picked when starting the career (as part of design 14). Any way to just get the gold version? Alternatively, if you have the time, would you be willing to create a small mod so I can implement it easier?

I guess would be that the game saves the colours in the save file and overrides certain values or its a problem with your specular map. So find a way to edit that or start a new career.
No mods form me, I havent even finished my own helmet yet, since I spend the majority of my free time this week to figure things out. At some point I actually wanna start playing the game...

Is there any posibility to get rid of the Picture shown at Startup of the game where it says "Press any button"? I just don't want to see the british sook every time I start the game!
391040_20160827220335_1_01.png

If it's not possible, I might have the hope that the Madden NFL curse might spread over. To make it clear, I don't want Mr. Hamilton to get hurt, I just don't want him to win the Championship!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%