F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Very strange, I can't get Jenson's helmet to look like that, and neither of the rest of the field's helmets.
285fd4f360.png
Please read carefully before you post a question. It's all there

Updated Noesis script, now all textures in character_package should be viewable in the right size.
This purely optimised for this exact folder package, might mess up other textures in other folders. If thats the case you have to change the values or even better, add an exception to the script and up it here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qsa17ansbdfajdb/tex_F12016_mipmaps.zip

Can a mod maybe clean this thread and/or make a different topic for texture modding?

Reactions: CW.
Career helmets do really have a strange behavior. Could it be that we should try more in the direction of DXT5 because of its customization?
For example: If the designed helmet has the colors red, white and blue and you choose a helmet from the selection which is only blue, red and White cannot be displayed. If you choose a helmet from the selction and put all the Colors from the design on it, all Colors can be displayed.
From my Point of view there must be something wrong with the Format or missing Alphas in DXT1...

Career helmets do really have a strange behavior. Could it be that we should try more in the direction of DXT5 because of its customization?
For example: If the designed helmet has the colors red, white and blue and you choose a helmet from the selection which is only blue, red and White cannot be displayed. If you choose a helmet from the selction and put all the Colors from the design on it, all Colors can be displayed.
From my Point of view there must be something wrong with the Format or missing Alphas in DXT1...
Career booster helmets don't have this issue I reckon, I'm yet to test it out in game but texture wise they're normal as the drivers helmets.

Hello to all, I would make a request to all those who publish mod on this site, kindly ask you not to post MOD GRIP or at least that they do not work in multiplayer are otherwise falsified all online leagues such as in November with F1 2015, thank you to all good work :)

Hello to all, I would make a request to all those who publish mod on this site, kindly ask you not to post MOD GRIP or at least that they do not work in multiplayer are otherwise falsified all online leagues such as in November with F1 2015, thank you to all good work :)
Mods don't apply online

What DXT5 customisation and missing alphas in DXT1? Theres not much difference between those, except the alpha is only 1bit for DXT1 and most importantly in our case, it uses 8:1 compression vs 4:1 in DXT5. Alpha doesnt matter since its opaque anyways. The DXT1 texture is fine.
The interesting part is that the game still shows the same old texture in the distance if you a) completely remove the texture and b) change the texture to some other original one. That shows that it isnt a problem with the custom files. The game loads some low res texture onto the helmet and doesnt use mip maps instead. This texture seems to be there all the time, you can see it if you make the main texture invisible.

So, after searching for those ghost textures I finally found them. They are located in:
...\F1 2016\asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2016\incardriver.erp

Same structure as with the .mipmaps, 3 files per helmet, 128x128p. Those need replacing as well as the .mipmaps files to get the full experience. ;)

http://imgur.com/a/JVsnW

I havent fiddled with career helmets yet. but they seem straight forward with their RGB colours. Dont forget that there is more than one file to mod.

Happy modding!

What DXT5 customisation and missing alphas in DXT1? Theres not much difference between those, except the alpha is only 1bit for DXT1 and most importantly in our case, it uses 8:1 compression vs 4:1 in DXT5. Alpha doesnt matter since its opaque anyways. The DXT1 texture is fine.
The interesting part is that the game still shows the same old texture in the distance if you a) completely remove the texture and b) change the texture to some other original one. That shows that it isnt a problem with the custom files. The game loads some low res texture onto the helmet and doesnt use mip maps instead. This texture seems to be there all the time, you can see it if you make the main texture invisible.

So, after searching for those ghost textures I finally found them. They are located in:
...\F1 2016\asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2016\incardriver.erp

Same structure as with the .mipmaps, 3 files per helmet, 128x128p. Those need replacing as well as the .mipmaps files to get the full experience. ;)

I havent fiddled with career helmets yet. but they seem straight forward with their RGB colours. Dont forget that there is more than one file to mod.

Happy modding!
Great Job

Happy modding!

Great finding, but why 3 files per helmet: The mipmap in the: "...\F1 2016\character_package\drivers\male\"

and the one you found in:

"...\F1 2016\asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2016\incardriver.erp"

Also, I still don't know how to get rid of the strange colors in the carrer helmets :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back