F1 2016 Mod for 2014 Version of F1 2015 - TSS

Misc F1 2016 Mod for 2014 Version of F1 2015 - TSS 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
I don't believe it is possible to combine another performance mod currently available as all of the current mods are for the 2015 game mode. The 2015 vehicles have their own handling files completely separate of the 2014 mode. The 2015 handling are also very slightly different too. I tried copying the Mercedes 2015 (fastest car) handling file code into the Caterham 2014 (slowest car) handling code and there was no difference what so ever.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'll just await your future updates then :)

I did have a brief glance and saw the separate filing for the 2014 and 2015 handling files. I wonder if CM have ported these over from the previous game.

Do other things such as damage mods, FX and FFB mods work with yours by any chance?

Look forward to the liveries being finished and I will give it an install and await the handling package when it is ready.

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond to my queries and to do this mod. I think the effort that goes into it is probably underappreciated. Top stuff mate :thumbsup:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'll just await your future updates then :)

I did have a brief glance and saw the separate filing for the 2014 and 2015 handling files. I wonder if CM have ported these over from the previous game.

Do other things such as damage mods, FX and FFB mods work with yours by any chance?

Look forward to the liveries being finished and I will give it an install and await the handling package when it is ready.

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond to my queries and to do this mod. I think the effort that goes into it is probably underappreciated. Top stuff mate :thumbsup:
Thanks, it's strange that within the 2015 vehicle package, there is 2014 handling files. I tried pasting the Mercedes 2015 performance into both of Lotus's 2014 handling files and I was still 3 seconds of the pace of the 2014 Mercedes at Sochi. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in trying to modify the files but whatever I do to change the file, it doesn't seem to change the performance :/ I'll try again though :p

Is the coding in a different layout? To clarify, the file extension is the same obviously, but are there lines of code that appear (or don't) in one or the other.

I will try and figure out if I can open the files up and see if I can help out. Any particular software to use for this that you might recommend? Got a day off in front of my Jim Sim coming up so may be able to assist if needed?

E2A: Found relevant software and a forum - will have a look and PM you if I find anything useful :)

Last edited:
Thanks, it's strange that within the 2015 vehicle package, there is 2014 handling files. I tried pasting the Mercedes 2015 performance into both of Lotus's 2014 handling files and I was still 3 seconds of the pace of the 2014 Mercedes at Sochi. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in trying to modify the files but whatever I do to change the file, it doesn't seem to change the performance :/ I'll try again though :p
is next sauber or mclaren

Dude I already asked u about that, but I ask again: Is it possible to change the models of the 2014 cars with them of 2015 cars? I saw a video where someone drove a SC, so usally it should be possible?
I ask because I think u would get much freedom by creating those skins.

Is the coding in a different layout? To clarify, the file extension is the same obviously, but are there lines of code that appear (or don't) in one or the other.

I will try and figure out if I can open the files up and see if I can help out. Any particular software to use for this that you might recommend? Got a day off in front of my Jim Sim coming up so may be able to assist if needed?

E2A: Found relevant software and a forum - will have a look and PM you if I find anything useful :)
I use peters
Dude I already asked u about that, but I ask again: Is it possible to change the models of the 2014 cars with them of 2015 cars? I saw a video where someone drove a SC, so usally it should be possible?
I ask because I think u would get much freedom by creating those skins.
I tried and I wasn't able to transfer the idf files over, are you able to link that video?

is next sauber or mclaren
I've done both but I'm gonna make them better first.

I use Ego ERP archiver, is that what you're using?

99tss updated F1 2016 Mod for 2014 Version of F1 2015 - TSS with a new update entry:

1.5 extension

1.5e:
-Updated Verstappen helmet to red top (Shoutout to Frankse for updating his resource!)
-Removed Blackberry logo from Mercedes racewear
-Added 2016 Haas racewear & teamwear (pitcrew soon)
-Added 2016 helmets for Grosjean & Gutierrez (Frankse :) )
-Updated Lotus garage to Haas F1 garage (including pit names/pit wall)
-Updated Haas steering wheel (changed Lotus logo to Haas logo)

Q8Vhwet.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

I use Ego ERP archiver, is that what you're using?

Just DLed it so I'll try and have a skim over the relevant forum and software at some point. Although any advice I give may just be a stab in the dark ;) And you will certainly know better than me when it comes to these things. Can but try!

BXML editor doesn't work for me, cmd box closes immediately with some sort of failure (even if RAA) - so that has left me a bit stumped....

you need to drag the vtf file into the program file, then it auto converts.

Will try again tomorrow. I assume you are saying don't run this as an executable file but instead just drag the created vtf from ERP onto it and it'll do its own business?!

I assume you have seen the new mod available for handling. Might save you some work if you can collaborate or you are not already far into progress with your performance section. Currently a shame that it will crash if sessions are skipped over or forwarded, but not the end of the world if you have time to sit it out. Not tested yet so couldn't say what may happen with a mid session save. Shall try and get onto all of this in the morning

Will try again tomorrow. I assume you are saying don't run this as an executable file but instead just drag the created vtf from ERP onto it and it'll do its own business?!

I assume you have seen the new mod available for handling. Might save you some work if you can collaborate or you are not already far into progress with your performance section. Currently a shame that it will crash if sessions are skipped over or forwarded, but not the end of the world if you have time to sit it out. Not tested yet so couldn't say what may happen with a mid session save. Shall try and get onto all of this in the morning
Did test it and it's pretty accurate tbh, will ask the guy if I can include it.

Saves you some work matey :) Any ideas what is the cause of the handling reset if things are forwarded or skipped?

I tend to do fuller sessions anyway so won't affect me, might just have to make a brew for 10 minutes whilst pracco finishes up, but I guess it may be a problem for others.

Still holding out for this one, my internet sucks so only want to DL this once (yes it really is that bad that 80mb can pose an issue :( ) Can't wait to jump in that Haas and have some mid tier battles though :D

Just a quick note before I disappear to bed - tyre wear needs to be altered in accordance with the performance mod? Seems to be a few more longer stints this year and less tyre deg, more wheel spin is fine, but the chance to do 2/3rd of a race distance on a prime might be nice - just my fairly uninformed opinion - not sure what others think?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%