F1 2016 F1 2016 for PC Patched to Version 1.6.0

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Update 1.6.0.jpg

Codemasters have been at it again, this time bringing another update to the PC version of the Formula One 2016 game for Windows PC.

The sixth update to PC versions of the game brings with it new difficulty settings, text translation fixes, bug fixes and another attempt to resolve lingering crash bugs within the game. Although not the largest update to the title, the new 1.6.0 build does potentially contain some useful fixes and enhancements that should improve the experience for players of the game.

Following the 1.6.0 patch to PC versions of F1 2016, Codemasters have confirmed further console updates will be deployed in a "few more days at least". Further news to follow as and when it becomes available...

F1 2016 Patch 1.6.0 Release Notes:
  • Added the Master difficulty option to bridge the gap between Expert and Legend.
  • Changed the tyre rules so the tyre you start the race on counts as a mandatory for the race.
  • Falling too far behind penalties will no longer be given after being told to overtake the Safety Car.
  • Corrected a few translation issues.
  • Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause race sessions to never end.
  • Fixed a number of crash bugs.

F1 2016 is available to purchase for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Check out the F1 2016 sub forum for news, discussions, mods and racing events right here at RaceDepartment!

How are you finding the latest build of F1 2016? Does the game still offer you an enjoyable experience? Has the title improved since its release? Let us know in the comments section below!

F1 2016 Patch 1.6.0 Release Notes:
  • Added the Master difficulty option to bridge the gap between Expert and Legend.
That's welcome addition but...
Another +1 for percentage difficulty. I mean... really... that would be a game changer. :thumbsup:
Not sure how hard that would be to implement. But, most probably, in this stage ...very hard.
If not impossible. :-/

Aaaand
Master difficulty AI is only little slower than on Legend, in my carrier only 0,200 - 0,350:mad: (depending on the track)...
this is the proof that this is not a solution.

Last edited:
Ok. I'll see if I can replicate on my system. You're in stereo using headphones right?
Yes. Stereo + headphones
Sounds like a buffer-underrun of the soundcard. Look at your soundcard settings in the mixer menu. At playback devices. Try to disable Enhancements and DTS. Maybe the game is just putting to much audiochannels to the output to cope.
I tried the 1.6.0 version. All soundcard settings in default values. No DTS and other enhancements. I use latest WHQL Realtek driver (v6.0.1.7841). About such a hissing sound problems:
I did not do the video.

• ronniej

You'll be waiting a while I think. Maybe should've read some reviews. I did and didn't buy F1 2015. But then I read some on F1 2016 and they were good so I bought it and I'm not unsatisfied with my purchase. Sorry you feel robbed but it's not our fault and I severely doubt that you'll get your money back for an old title that you didn't refund straight away when you found it wasn't to you liking. Steam do offer that service and I'm pretty sure stores accept refunds too if you have a good argument for returning a physical copy. Although not sure as I haven't bought physical media in years....

Yup, It was a good example of getting caught up in hyperbole and then I was led to believe (direct from Codemasters) that to please bear with them until they get it all sorted and patched up, so I did and well, it's still a broken mess.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me, nor do I think it's your fault...But don't expect me to wave any Codemasters flags and cheer them on when they clearly don't care about the horrible port to PC they left behind.

However, they are more than welcome to PM me with a 75% off discount code for F1 2016 and then I can deserve to make comments on it and take a survey:p

Yes. Stereo + headphones

I tried the 1.6.0 version. All soundcard settings in default values. No DTS and other enhancements. I use latest WHQL Realtek driver (v6.0.1.7841). About such a hissing sound problems:
I did not do the video.
Ok I tried it tonight but I couldn't recreate it on 5.1
Will try tomorrow when find my headphones. Maybe its a ambient 5.1 sound not being recreated properly in stereo?
Edit: Do you have the sound in-game set to 5.1 or anything other than stereo?

Last edited:
Just checked your specs. My bad. You seem to have hardware capable of it. I take it you have the new AMD drivers updated and have uninstalled the old drivers as part of the upgrade?

I had terrible problems with F1 as I had forgotten to uninstall my last GTX card properly and removed all drivers before installing new 1070 and drivers. It was a big old mess.

I have uninstalled past drivers completely using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). I'm using the last AMD drivers, but no luck. Unfortunately, the only way for me is to get a refund, don't want to install another OS. Thanks for the help anyway mate!

I have uninstalled past drivers completely using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). I'm using the last AMD drivers, but no luck. Unfortunately, the only way for me is to get a refund, don't want to install another OS. Thanks for the help anyway mate!
Waaiiiit

Have you tried setting your sound settings in control panel to 48khz? It's been identified as solving sound issues in both F1 and AC under Win10

Then you have a problem. I have no such hissing noise. You could always turn the volume right down and make F1 pretend noise with your mouth whilst you race. :thumbsup:

I don't have the game but plan to buy it if this issue is sorted, and there very definitely is/was an issue, countless videos online showcasing it.
I'm just asking if they latest patch or a previous one sorted this.

Waaiiiit

Have you tried setting your sound settings in control panel to 48khz? It's been identified as solving sound issues in both F1 and AC under Win10
I get distorted sound (through HDMI AMD latest video driver) everytime in F1 2016 if my PC has been awoken from sleep. There is no problem after re-booting. As a work a round for gaming days I've just increased the inactivity sleep time from 1hour to 3 hours in the power settings. W10 AMD R9 290X FX8350

Waaiiiit

Yes, yes. I tried. The default sound settings: 24 bit/48kHz.
I tried them too: 16 bit/44kHz, 16 bit/48kHz, 24 bit/44kHz, 24 bit/96kHz. Unfortunately, not solved the problem.
I do not know, so I do not understand him, but I think some background sound effects file that is causing the problem
which is used only during the races of the game. The sound/music is clear in the menus. Or is it a special Realtek sound driver problems? Maybe. I do not know. I think Codemasters suport has also received feedback from other users.

Yes, yes. I tried. The default sound settings: 24 bit/48kHz.
I tried them too: 16 bit/44kHz, 16 bit/48kHz, 24 bit/44kHz, 24 bit/96kHz. Unfortunately, not solved the problem.
I do not know, so I do not understand him, but I think some background sound effects file that is causing the problem
which is used only during the races of the game. The sound/music is clear in the menus. Or is it a special Realtek sound driver problems? Maybe. I do not know. I think Codemasters suport has also received feedback from other users.
I know that onboard Realtek and Windows 10 don't play nicely together. Reason I bought a sound card...

I know that onboard Realtek and Windows 10 don't play nicely together. Reason I bought a sound card...

Maybe to search and try the my old Sound Blaster Audigy card. But I do not want to buy a new sound card just because. If cause a sound problem onboard Realtek and Windows 10 - please fix it the Codemasters, if I've paid almost 50 euros :) In other games there is no such problem.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 97 14.0%