F1 2016 F1 2016 for PC Patched to Version 1.6.0

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Update 1.6.0.jpg

Codemasters have been at it again, this time bringing another update to the PC version of the Formula One 2016 game for Windows PC.

The sixth update to PC versions of the game brings with it new difficulty settings, text translation fixes, bug fixes and another attempt to resolve lingering crash bugs within the game. Although not the largest update to the title, the new 1.6.0 build does potentially contain some useful fixes and enhancements that should improve the experience for players of the game.

Following the 1.6.0 patch to PC versions of F1 2016, Codemasters have confirmed further console updates will be deployed in a "few more days at least". Further news to follow as and when it becomes available...

F1 2016 Patch 1.6.0 Release Notes:
  • Added the Master difficulty option to bridge the gap between Expert and Legend.
  • Changed the tyre rules so the tyre you start the race on counts as a mandatory for the race.
  • Falling too far behind penalties will no longer be given after being told to overtake the Safety Car.
  • Corrected a few translation issues.
  • Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause race sessions to never end.
  • Fixed a number of crash bugs.

F1 2016 is available to purchase for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Check out the F1 2016 sub forum for news, discussions, mods and racing events right here at RaceDepartment!

How are you finding the latest build of F1 2016? Does the game still offer you an enjoyable experience? Has the title improved since its release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Really want to play the game but it doesn't even launch. Trying to get support on the official forum, seeing some of the codemasters members replying in other posts but nothing for me...Really bad.

Really want to play the game but it doesn't even launch. Trying to get support on the official forum, seeing some of the codemasters members replying in other posts but nothing for me...Really bad.
Just checked your specs. My bad. You seem to have hardware capable of it. I take it you have the new AMD drivers updated and have uninstalled the old drivers as part of the upgrade?

I had terrible problems with F1 as I had forgotten to uninstall my last GTX card properly and removed all drivers before installing new 1070 and drivers. It was a big old mess.

Last edited:
Not had this issue either. You sure it's the game or your setup?
Example: I'm running Windows 10 anniversary home edition. I have a Sony 5 1 surround amp connected by optical to a soundblaster recon 3d
No issues.
What are you running and do you experience this on any other title?
My OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit (Anniversary edition), sound: integrated Realtek ALC887 in Asus Z170-K motherboard (latest Asus drivers) default settings: 24 bit/48kHz + Sennheiser stereo headphone.
In other games is no sound problem. F1 2014/15 all OK.
In F1 2016 (v1.5.1) During the race the background something like distorted hissing, crackling sounds. Strange and very disturbing :(

Master difficulty AI is only little slower than on Legend, in my carrier only 0,200 - 0,350:mad: (depending on the track) . Given that original difference is something like 2.sec depending on the track, so i can hardly call this bridging the gap between Expert and Legend.Not at all impressed wit this attempt. But at least they are trying witch i so pose is want counts in the end.
I guess im just gonna wait for some one to figure out how to modify the AI old fashion way. MOD:thumbsup:

Great news with constant updates from CM. Much better than their past customer service.

What I would like implemented though is a percentage difficulty like we have in other race sims. One that we crank up or down when required. Surely it can't be that hard to implement? It would be perfect for me then.:thumbsup:

My OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit (Anniversary edition), sound: integrated Realtek ALC887 in Asus Z170-K motherboard (latest Asus drivers) default settings: 24 bit/48kHz + Sennheiser stereo headphone.
In other games is no sound problem. F1 2014/15 all OK.
In F1 2016 (v1.5.1) During the race the background something like distorted hissing, crackling sounds. Strange and very disturbing :(

Sounds like a buffer-underrun of the soundcard. Look at your soundcard settings in the mixer menu. At playback devices. Try to disable Enhancements and DTS. Maybe the game is just putting to much audiochannels to the output to cope.

• ronniej

Plus the questionnaire. Looks like CM are really trying with this release
Great news with constant updates from CM. Much better than their past customer service.

What I would like implemented though is a percentage difficulty like we have in other race sims. One that we crank up or down when required. Surely it can't be that hard to implement? It would be perfect for me then.:thumbsup:

As much as I want to feel all warm and fuzzy with you guys....Codemasters owe me $70 bucks still for the broken mess I bought and kept (F1 2015) with the promise of fixing it......Still waiting......

But hey, F1 2016 is the bee's knees so I guess I should stop crying.:sick:

As much as I want to feel all warm and fuzzy with you guys....Codemasters owe me $70 bucks still for the broken mess I bought and kept (F1 2015) with the promise of fixing it......Still waiting......

But hey, F1 2016 is the bee's knees so I guess I should stop crying.:sick:
You'll be waiting a while I think. Maybe should've read some reviews. I did and didn't buy F1 2015. But then I read some on F1 2016 and they were good so I bought it and I'm not unsatisfied with my purchase. Sorry you feel robbed but it's not our fault and I severely doubt that you'll get your money back for an old title that you didn't refund straight away when you found it wasn't to you liking. Steam do offer that service and I'm pretty sure stores accept refunds too if you have a good argument for returning a physical copy. Although not sure as I haven't bought physical media in years....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back