F1 2016 F1 2016 doesn't work

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
I stopped playing F1 2016 for some weeks. Last week I wanted to play it again. I tried to start the game but it crash after some seconds. I tried to check the cache of the game and I found 4 file to download. steam downloaded these 4 file and i tried to lunch the game but the same problem. so i updated the driver video of nvidia but still got the same problem. i tried to uninstall the game and check the cache and all was ok but still having the same problem.

Anyone have any idea for fix this problem?
(sorry if i made some error writing, i'm not english)

I stopped playing F1 2016 for some weeks. Last week I wanted to play it again. I tried to start the game but it crash after some seconds. I tried to check the cache of the game and I found 4 file to download. steam downloaded these 4 file and i tried to lunch the game but the same problem. so i updated the driver video of nvidia but still got the same problem. i tried to uninstall the game and check the cache and all was ok but still having the same problem.

Anyone have any idea for fix this problem?
(sorry if i made some error writing, i'm not english)

The first thing I would try is deleting the hardware settings for the game, so that the game can re-detect your system specifications.

The next after that would be be a potential corruption of your game save files. We can talk about game save files later if the hardware settings reset (detailed below) fails.

To reset your hardware files :-

My Documents > My Games > F1 2016 > hardwaresettings

Delete the 2 files in that folder - hardware_settings_config.xml & hardware_settings_info.xml

Boot up the game, new hardware files will be created, and hope everything is OK :cautious: :D

** You will have to adjust your video settings in-game after doing this **

The first thing I would try is deleting the hardware settings for the game, so that the game can re-detect your system specifications.

The next after that would be be a potential corruption of your game save files. We can talk about game save files later if the hardware settings reset (detailed below) fails.

To reset your hardware files :-

My Documents > My Games > F1 2016 > hardwaresettings

Delete the 2 files in that folder - hardware_settings_config.xml & hardware_settings_info.xml

Boot up the game, new hardware files will be created, and hope everything is OK :cautious: :D

** You will have to adjust your video settings in-game after doing this **
no, the game still not working. but i noticed that geforce experience say that my pc don't have the minimum requirements to play the game with the optimal option of graphic, can be this the problem? I don't think so because i played f1 2016 with the same pc for 130 hours

If you have run the game before successfully, I see no real reason for it to stop working now, apart from a graphics driver problem with the more recent drivers, but I doubt that.

I am assuming that you have no mods installed?

I don't think you do have mods, because verifying the game cache would remove them. You definitely do not want mods installed. If you have used a mod in the past that has modified the game's database, then your game save could be a problem

Your game save could be corrupted anyway. So it's probably worth trying to remove the save, just to see if the game will boots up correctly.

1/ To remove the game save (which is your whole career), you have to disable the Steam Cloud for the game. If you have a corrupted game save, and remove it, if steam cloud is running it will put the corrupted game save back onto your hard drive again, which we do not want to do.

In Steam > Right Click on F1 2016 and select 'Properties' > Updates Tab > Deselect 'Enable Steam Cloud Synchronisation for F1 2016'

steam_cloud-jpg.149033

2/ Remove the game save. You don't have to delete it, just move it somewhere safe, so that you can put it back in the correct place if this fails.

Game save location is in your Steam installation > userdata folder :-

• YourSteamInstallDrive\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxx\391040
  • xxxxxxx = Your Steam ID number
  • 391040 = The F1 2016 profile folder.
Everything in the folder named 391040 can be cut and pasted to a safe place, so that the 391040 folder is empty.

Start Steam again and try to run the game. If it works ......... great, but you have paid the price by losing your old career

If this doesn't work, then I am stuck and don't know what to do, except to try older graphics drivers perhaps, the same driver you had when you used to play the game.

If this fails, you might as well put the game save file that you cut and pasted somewhere safe, back into their original (391040) folder.

Cheers :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 418 16.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years