F1 2016 F1 2016: Career Progress Thread

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1-2016-RaceDepartment.jpg
Use this thread to share all of your experiences, stories, reports and screenshots/videos of your F1 2016 career so far!

Whether you're a mobile chicane, battling hard in the mid-pack or chasing championships, we want to hear about it! It's a community after all :)

Lowest and one of the funniest Paul. And my favourite too.
Loving my Thrustmaster Wheel.
Thanks for all the advice. :thumbsup:

ps, I'm wicked sometimes. I think I need to see a doctor.

Well my racings getting better and better with the Haas team. R&D is progressing nicely and the car is improving.
Today at the Red Bull Ring (one of my favourite all time tracks) I qualified in Pole for the first time and went on to win the race. I have now decided to turn up the skill level too. Now on expert all the time and it is a real challenge for me. This race was using hard though and I found it great fun.
The new patch has made the game so much better. Sparks still not seen in the replay though but are shown in the live monitor. Loving the interface being able to see all the info and change things. I use the N button to change the MFD interface and then the dif in and dif out wheels to change settings (using my fabulous TM F1 wheel rim);).
Loving it.

20160903111539_1_zpshvjdpp0e.jpg

20160903110345_1_zpsw9rvryv3.jpg

20160903110301_1_zpsxrybx7a2.jpg

20160903110836_1_zpswgfffvh9.jpg

20160903104523_1_zpscz07bwkf.jpg

20160903104558_1_zpsodchg5io.jpg

Managed to fit in another great race today (quite Saturday for me) at Silverstone. Qualified well and managed to get to Q3. The race was going great until the SC came out. Then after some frantic racing I lost my front wing and then I lost many more precious points. Finished 10th in the end and I'm happy with that.
My right front tyre blistered a lot in free practice. Nice to see this graphically represented.
20160903145740_1_zpsr1asqwok.jpg

20160903153227_1_zpsfav5kknw.jpg

20160903160851_1_zpsnlrqf6o0.jpg

Right front tyre blistered.
20160903134226_1_zpssua4t45f.jpg

Im driving for haas, the car development is good, matching redbull just behing ferrari.
Using expert mode, 50% percent distance.

Friday i did canada,
Qualified 1st
I stayed in 1st the entire race.
The top 6 were faster than me, so they where tighly packed, maybe 6 seconds back to 6th.
On the last lap, last corner i ran out of fuel :confused:
I was pushing too hard on high fuel mode, but had +0.24 in the tank.
The car rolled up the pit straight, i ended
up 5th two tenths ahead of grosean.

I had a exciting race in baku tonight.
What a fun track to learn and race.

I qualified 3rd, grosean 8th.
I got a great toe off bottas reaching 230mph on the pit straight for the quali lap.

At the early stages of the race i was chasing down vettel and hamilton,
6 laps in and hulkenberg hit the barriers coming up by the castle, the safety car was deployed for 4 laps.
I pitted on the 2nd lap of the safety car.
I should of pitted the first time around.
that left me in 20th, i worked my way back up to fourth.
The last ten laps of the race i was battling grosean for 3rd, i got him on the pit straight using drs after 5 laps, the next 5 i was pushing hard to keep him behind.
So i finished 3rd.
Vettel 1st, hamilton 2nd.

I am going to set the difficulty legend and see what happens in Austria.

Last edited:
Finished qualifying last night for Russia, and I have to say I really hate this track. I've put in a ton of laps, but I still can't seem to get the hang of it. Still, I qualified P19 beating out K-Mag, Nasr and Palmer. So I'm happy with that.

For some reason the game has decided to give me a new rival... Fernando Alonso. Yeah right. Like I am totally going to beat him with me in a Manor. Good joke :)

Race is looking like an easy one-stopper. 22 laps on Super-softs and then bring it home on the softs.

Finished qualifying last night for Russia, and I have to say I really hate this track. I've put in a ton of laps, but I still can't seem to get the hang of it. Still, I qualified P19 beating out K-Mag, Nasr and Palmer. So I'm happy with that.

For some reason the game has decided to give me a new rival... Fernando Alonso. Yeah right. Like I am totally going to beat him with me in a Manor. Good joke :)

Race is looking like an easy one-stopper. 22 laps on Super-softs and then bring it home on the softs.

Im lucky there, I never manage to beat my teammate rival(Alonso) so I never get a new rival...

That is why I dont like this new rival system, even if you beat him in races he still wins the rivalry if he get fastest lap, fastest sector 1, 2 and 3. For yeah, that is how it works irl. Hamilton win the races and become champion, but everyone looks att Rosberg as the winner because he had the best lap and sector times in the races right?...

Im lucky there, I never manage to beat my teammate rival(Alonso) so I never get a new rival...

That is why I dont like this new rival system, even if you beat him in races he still wins the rivalry if he get fastest lap, fastest sector 1, 2 and 3. For yeah, that is how it works irl. Hamilton win the races and become champion, but everyone looks att Rosberg as the winner because he had the best lap and sector times in the races right?...
Yeah it's a bit of a silly system. Could be very good, but definitely needs tweaking.

My first DNF this season at Singapore, qualified 12th and was running in the points until someones engine popped and the safety car deployed.

The team then decided to switch strategy which looked promising with a long run to the finish (14 laps which looked doable) on supersofts, unfortunately this put me at the back.

Tried to pass Haryanto after the safety car period finished as he was on softs but he binned me on the straight at the fast right kink. Game over and as I am not doing flashbacks that was it.

Motto of the tale, don't listen to your engineer and at somewhere like singapore track position is king.

Never mind onto Malaysia.

This game cost me £26.99 and already clocked 30 hours, bargain. I reckon I have at least another two seasons in me at Legend AI, 50% distance before I get anywhere near the championship.

Well, the heavy rain in FP1 att Monaco was.... interesting... But when that stopped and went over to light rain before the rest off the weekend was dry it acctually became McLaren's best weekend so far. I got 5th in Qualify and Alonso got 8th, so for the first time in the season both McLaren's went through to Q3. Normall its one off us who goes to Q3 and he get a 10th place while the other driver get 11-13rd place...

And the race also went very good, both me and Alonso went for a 1 stop and the pace was for both of us not quite as good as qualify but still good enough to keep our positions so we finished 5th and 8th. So the car clearly worked good att that track, and surpricingly it has worked really good in practice att Montreal too so far. We have still not done any engine upgrades but 2drag and 2 chassis upgrades and 1 downforce. So I was not too sure how the car would work att a ''power track'' as Montreal. But we both finished in the top 6 in FP3, but now it just remains to see if we can keep that pace in qualify...

Edit: Just a quick summary off an amazing Canada GP. I managed to get 8th in Q2 with Super Soft tires, and then I got 2nd in Q3(I guess I should had turned up AI to ultimate for this race...)

And Hamilton, from pole, got an awefull start so I overtook him even before turn 1, then in turn....4(? that chicane) he put himself in the wall, on 100% his fault he just missed the corner and tapped the wall. And that was enough for a DNF on simulation damage and a safety car. And to not write too much I just put up a few pictures as summary :p

zzs1ShO.jpg

tIZDDRY.jpg

SypWbTt.jpg

So 7 cars DNF included Hamilton, Vettel and Raikkonen, 2 safety cars, Rosberg with a weird 2stop strategy when he pitted on lap 32 out off 35 gave me the win...

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing