F1 2016 F1 2016: Career Progress Thread

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1-2016-RaceDepartment.jpg
Use this thread to share all of your experiences, stories, reports and screenshots/videos of your F1 2016 career so far!

Whether you're a mobile chicane, battling hard in the mid-pack or chasing championships, we want to hear about it! It's a community after all :)

In Season 1, I raced with McLaren and at the Malaysian Grand Prix, it was a McLaren front row somehow (At this point the car was 5th best just behind Williams) and then during the race, the safety car came out and I kept to the delta until I got to the finish line and my delta reset meaning it was +20 seconds. I tried everything to fix it and eventually got disqualified for getting too many penalties. Then after the race, I look who's on the podium and Pascal Wehrlein won the race in a Manor (this is still S1). The Manor was the worst car on the grid and my team-mate (Fernando Alonso finished 3rd! Crazy Race!

Can you share with us your lovely sheet please?
That's perfect!

Sure, just duplicate this copy and make the appropriate edits. Hopefully the colours carry over. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FJ3B7uyDwzcxIxw6bbUcuQz0JoFfF6lyPCAiM9giAdk/edit?usp=sharing

To move drivers, just drag the rows up and down and edit the Pos. column where appropriate. To move the teams, un-merge some cells within the teams standing entry, and then do the same, re-merging when done. Remember to screencap your race results! I've not found a way to acquire them outside of the race end.

Sure, just duplicate this copy and make the appropriate edits. Hopefully the colours carry over. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FJ3B7uyDwzcxIxw6bbUcuQz0JoFfF6lyPCAiM9giAdk/edit?usp=sharing

To move drivers, just drag the rows up and down and edit the Pos. column where appropriate. To move the teams, un-merge some cells within the teams standing entry, and then do the same, re-merging when done. Remember to screencap your race results! I've not found a way to acquire them outside of the race end.
Thank you man, your bravery will not be forgotten :notworthy:

Team: Manor
Teammate: Pascal Wehrlein
Difficulty: Legend / No assists / 100% weekend / sim damage

Completed my Chinese GP earlier today. Qualified in 12th after I managed to get through to Q2 with brilliant lap :p. I got out early in the session as rain was predicted, really shook up the order as several failed to set a lap in time before the rain began to fall.

Yet again I started from the back as due to the grid bug. By the end of lap one I was 17th and in a good position just behind Nasr. I had a brilliant battle for the entirety of the first stint with him and managed to start pulling out a gap as I was much quicker in the first and second sectors.

The tyres were going off faster than I had anticipated and I was failing to make the stint lengths last long enough for my strategy to work. I started the race on SS's, on lap 11 I was due to pit for Softs, and then on lap 33 I was to pit for mediums. But I could only manage to get 9 laps from the super Softs before they were utterly trashed. Really suffered with rear traction out of T13. The Softs were much better, but they too only lasted until about lap 22, which was much shorter than expected.

So I decided to change strategy and fit a fresh set of super Softs that were left over from qualifying. Surprisingly they lasted very well, and I managed to get 17 laps out of them. This was in part due to the falling track temps as rain was on the way, and the lighter fuel and rubbered in track.

Then the rain began to fall. I stayed out as long as I could on slicks before getting in the window for intermediates. I pitted a lap earlier than most of the rest of the grid and I gained quite a few places because of it. By the time it had all worked itself out, I was no longer battling with Saubers, but rather I was hunting down Grosjean. I suspect the AI are rather a lot slower in the in the wet than dry, but hey ho, I made do with what I had.

As Grosjean left the pitlane, he had 9 seconds on me. I managed to widdel that down over the course of the next 20 laps and made a pass on him for 12th place with 2 laps to go.

It was an utterly brilliant race. Great fun! The first stint was frustrating because the super Softs gave me all the grip of oiled oak, but after that it only got better :sneaky:. Oh yeah and I've now officially beaten Wehrlein in our rivalry fight, 20-16. :)

Speak to you from (virtual) Sochi, a track I've never driven before :).

I'm in awe of you guys using no assists. I use none except for TC at medium. As soon as I turn off TC the cars seems undrivable to me and then I don't enjoy it. But my hat goes off to all of you using no assists at all. :notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup:

I'm in awe of you guys using no assists. I use none except for TC at medium. As soon as I turn off TC the cars seems undrivable to me and then I don't enjoy it. But my hat goes off to all of you using no assists at all. :notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup:

First of all you need a racing wheel.
I have a T300, it's extremely smooth and I can save a snappy oversteer without too many problems. With my old G27 I can't, it's a different feeling but oversteering with the Logitech is not that easy.

How to not spin?
Exit the apex, right?
First. You don't need that gear, yeah: 1st or 2nd gear. These cars have so many torque that you can make almost every hairpin in 3rd gear or more.
Second. Rich mix is something for real men, try with the lean one first.
Ok now push throttle half way, gentle, don't overrev, keep the car gaining speed, as you see the first purple light put another gear, push the throttle a bit more, another gear, all throttle. Done.

A good track to train traction is Bahrain: long curved exit from almost every corner, a real challenge.
Another one is Monza.

First of all you need a racing wheel.
I have a T300, it's extremely smooth and I can save a snappy oversteer without too many problems. With my old G27 I can't, it's a different feeling but oversteering with the Logitech is not that easy.

How to not spin?
Exit the apex, right?
First. You don't need that gear, yeah: 1st or 2nd gear. These cars have so many torque that you can make almost every hairpin in 3rd gear or more.
Second. Rich mix is something for real men, try with the lean one first.
Ok now push throttle half way, gentle, don't overrev, keep the car gaining speed, as you see the first purple light put another gear, push the throttle a bit more, another gear, all throttle. Done.

A good track to train traction is Bahrain: long curved exit from almost every corner, a real challenge.
Another one is Monza.
I use controller with no assists, playing on expert for practice and legend for Q and R. You just need to practice, I started with medium traction assist aswel. For me the main problem was the curbes. You really don't want to use them as much as earlier games especially in the wet!

Just got screwed by my engineer. Tried Legend for Quali, didn't really worked out... Ah well. Started 22nd in Spain. Rain forecast so I put some hard tyres on. Drove until lap 19, could've done more but the rain was coming from the skyes. So the engineer came up with the great idea to come in for inters, agreed to the strategy change. (I was running 2nd by the way, Ricciardo passed me already after his 1st pit). So I went into the pit AND THE F*CKING PIT CREW PUTS SOFT TYRES ON!@@@!!! Omg I was so friggin pissed, lap later I came in for Inters cause it was undrivable :mad:. Was 17th after that pit, made it to 11nd place, 0.8s off 10th.

Got the driver of the day though :poop:

Well, just a early update on my career with McLaren Honda.(50%race distance, Legend AI, all assits off apart from medium TC just because... I can...)

Australia qualify I beat Alonso, since he crashed out from Q1 after hit Grosjean from behind. So I surpriced myself with a 9th in qualify on a track I have never really been good at. But to reach Q3 was kind off like shooting myself in the foot because then I had to use Super Soft in the race, so had to do one stop extra. So ended up 11th in the race, and Alonso could do 1stop so he came 7th.

But qualify in Bahrain and China went perfect, 11th for me in both tracks so pretty high up on the field + did not have to use the damn super soft in the race... So I got a 7th place in Bahrain and Alonso came 11th when he went for a strange race strategy with 1 extra pitstop. And then off to the china race... a messy race...

Started good, was 5th before my last stop, but I decided to push my tires too long, and right after turn 1 I got a puncture on front right tire, so an entire lap with a punture. So was dead last after 18 out off 28laps. But then on lap 20 Hulkenberg retired and safety car, so I could close the gap and atleast try to get higher up. And then right after the race restart it started to rain, so I pitted for intermediate on a perfect time. It got wet after the leaders had passed the start-finish line so I could pit 1 lap before them. And gained alot off time on that, and on lap 27 out off 28 I was 14th and passed Palmer, Raikkonen easely since my pace on Inters are good(came 2nd in FP2 that was in light rain) And then on the last lap I catched up to Sainz, and overtook him on the 2nd last corner off the race, and then I was 11th, the teams goal. And the car in front was Alonso, who drove slowly on medium tires on a wet track but I did not manage to cath him. BUT, Alonso got a time penalty for unlegal blocking, so I got 10th and he came 11th. So... a interesting race... :p

I've got a busy FP3 ahead of me. I've been chasing setup for the entirety of FP1 and FP2 trying to dial out the understeer at Sochi that I completely ran out of time for the R&D objectives. Finally got a balance that feels good, but pace-wise I am not looking on good for a strong race, currently around half a second off the pace of Pascal.

I've got a busy FP3 ahead of me. I've been chasing setup for the entirety of FP1 and FP2 trying to dial out the understeer at Sochi that I completely ran out of time for the R&D objectives. Finally got a balance that feels good, but pace-wise I am not looking on good for a strong race, currently around half a second off the pace of Pascal.

Im att Sochi too, and struggled with the same understeer in FP1 and FP2, speccially in turn 2-3(or the Kvyat corner) But then in the end off FP2, like the last minutes, I found a ok setup but only tested it with old soft tires so was not sure and came last in both FP1 and FP2. Then suddently in FP3 I got a 7th place, on a very good lap. And that was one off the laps where after the lap I thought ''what the.... where did that come from...''

But now im looking forward to qualify and race, when my setup finnaly feels ok, on super soft atleast, then I like Sochi

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back