F1 2015 F1 2015 - Wish list & Discussion

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
DLC's that people want I think would be a good idea. I would even pay 3x the price of the normal game just to get GP2/GP3 in the game! Also Tiametmarduk said this on his suggested features for F1 2015 video, stop working on stuff nobody plays! Why would you spend so much time working on scenario mode, where you can finish it in 15 minutes!

1) A more detailed set-up system, including diff.
2) Controller set-up for hand controller on consoles.
3) Multiplayer "equal" car model available in TT for testing setups.
4) Much more data available, especially comparison data; for example point to point times through turns, top speeds on straights. It would be helpful to be able to scroll through side by side data sets that actually point to where you can improve. Better still if it incorporates theoretical implications from set-up adjustments.
5) A physics model for the cars in which wings actually produce grip instead of just slowing you down. More front wing should mean more "nose"; it's barely discernable. 11 11 is currently no better than 1 1 other than to slow you down.
6) Either a full classic season with all circuits (1970s or early 80s), or a graduate formula season (2/3) prior to the F1 season in career - you could even add go karting to it for a lifetime career.

Last edited:
Wasn't it announced that F1 2015 would be released in March or something, when the F1 2014 announcement was made? Could've sworn that's what they said.

But it's 1 and a half months away from March, yet no announcements after the above one, no screenshots, no feature announcements, nothing yet.

Does anyone know if it's been cancelled?

Wasn't it announced that F1 2015 would be released in March or something, when the F1 2014 announcement was made? Could've sworn that's what they said.

But it's 1 and a half months away from March, yet no announcements after the above one, no screenshots, no feature announcements, nothing yet.

Does anyone know if it's been cancelled?

Well, I am not pretty sure where I have read it, but I think they have left the idea of releasing the F1 2015 in March and they will release it in October, as usual. However, as I have mentioned, I am not sure so...

I know someone who has a press access to a list where all the releases of the games this year are and "F1 2015" is dated on 31th march.
This isn't impossible because the first GP 2015 is on 15th march so they have two weeks to do the perfomance of the cars...

But I don't know this, this is just what a release-list say and I have also no idea when they announce the game...

I know someone who has a press access to a list where all the releases of the games this year are and "F1 2015" is dated on 31th march.
This isn't impossible because the first GP 2015 is on 15th march so they have two weeks to do the perfomance of the cars...

But I don't know this, this is just what a release-list say and I have also no idea when they announce the game...
It is possible, since they said that this year they will be updating performances regularly like EA does for FIFA, they can launch with just a general pecking order based on 2014 and update it.

okay, now I have some informations..."F1 2015" will NOT be released on 31th march -.-
They are working on the anouncing-plan which come on the end of februar...so we 'only' have to wait 1 more month...sometimes I just hate CM

okay, now I have some informations..."F1 2015" will NOT be released on 31th march -.-
They are working on the anouncing-plan which come on the end of februar...so we 'only' have to wait 1 more month...sometimes I just hate CM
After all the drouble CM are going through it might take even longer than that.

Basic inclusions should be on Career Mode according to me:-
1) If they can allow us to edit our face then it would be great.
2) Allow us to edit our race suit which can clearly show us our name and nationality instead of the driver's details whom we are replacing.
3) Changing my racing number. I would love to have 69 on my car. ;)
4) Helmet Design. If it can be race wise then I would be more than happy as I would get a chance to drive with different helmet in Singapore or any other special race like my 50th race.
5) Changing livery of our car for next season. Career becomes boring after season 1/2. This small touch can push me for another season atleast.
6) Drivers shuffle: I think this is impossible but see even FIFA has transfers so why can't they do that in F1? Say like I replace Rosberg in Mercedes then it looks way too unrealistic of not having Rosberg on the grid. So he can join different team like Red Bull. These driver changes can push me to enjoy more seasons. If they can add other drivers too who are not part of Formula 1 but they get contract for next season that would be exciting.
7) Potentiometer: For every driver, if they can add potentiometer then transfers can be easy. Like Hulkenberg is performing well in Force India then next year give him the contract in Ferrari or if I am not performing well then leave me with no contract and surprise me with decent contract for next season.
8) Extra tracks which we can get through DLC. If we can add new tracks for Season 2 or replace some say like if we can add San Marino GP in the calender or remove Hungary GP (just saying) and get different calenders in every season then that would be very interesting.
9) Post qualifying/race interviews: Advanced version of F1 2011 interviews please. If they can make it close to real like press conferences with other drivers. (Impossible for Codemasters but that's my wish)
10) Podium Celebration please: I would love to taste Champagne please.
If they can add this then I won't mind if they increase the length of their career mode to 10 years. I might become legend later.

Now here are my wishes for normal racing which can be part of Career Mode too
1) FP1&FP2: No need to tell why this should be there. They keep on saying that we want to make it realistic then you have to add this.
2) Formation Lap & Victory Lap: I need to warmup my tyres please.
3) I would love to take my car to the grid on raceday instead of seeing Loading and bang I am on race track. Just like in real life.
4) More improved radio commentary.
5) Recorder which records the events which took place with other drivers and we can see the events after the race. I am always excited to see why Safety Car came or why the runners are going down. Something like recorder which we can use to check what accidents took place then that would be spectacular.
6) Cars brake slightly late please. That can do wonders because it will make racing interesting
7) More car problems. I want to hear from my radio that Stop the car we have some problem or something like that and then I can shout that why this is happening to me. Also if you can add realistic damages then it would be perfect for me.

Big wishlist. Phew :)

2iodbtxw.jpg

That Indy Car game Simulator made by the Codies in 2002 or 2003 had some good things about the safety car system. There was the option to turn off the automatic mode, in addition this "manual" mode was 100% manual and not a "semi-automatic" like the system in F1 2014. And this system worked too for the pit-stop system, which was necessary to reduce speed by yourself and avoid the penalty.

When an accident happens and a car need to retire, it simply disappears almost immediately, and that's boring. In this type of system, the safety car is useless. I think it would be great if these cars were removed by auxiliary vehicles as it was in the IndyCar game. THAT WAS SO AMAZING! Or just

That system of interviews of the F1 2011 is very good and very immersive. Bring it back please.
This current system of scenes that take place before and after the sessions is nice, but it would be even cooler if they were different, I mean, there should be only two types of scenes. If there were more like a five scenes for example, or even more! It would be even more and more immersive.

That weather system from F1 2012 was REMARKABLE!!!

Speaking in F1 2012, there was a factor which, in my opinion, was the best !!! I'm talking about a mechanism that dictated the pace of the opponents in career mode based on the position that a team finish at the end of the constructors championship. Dude, I've seen situations where Ferrari had the pace of Caterham and Hispania the pace of Red Bull !!! After all, variety is very attractive!

(btw, sorry for my english...)

I love Codemasters' games, but they need to improve.

Thank you for your time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 185 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years