F1 2015 WIP Thread

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
f1-2015-ModdingForum.jpg

If you have a WIP (Work in Progress) mod, and wish to show other modders the current state of your mod, and/or request feedback from them, then please post in this thread only. Thanks :)

Please do not create WIP threads nor upload a WIP mod to our modding forum.

Last edited:
currently trying to switch male crew with grid girls (as grid girls completely exist)
was busy the last few hours with making changes in the assets, but it's split into so many files, all the changes I did yet had no success. But I think it should be working that way, I'll stay active on that project.
Wanna have girls around me, har har.

E: So, got a few results but when it comes to the differences between female and male renders (like _lite for male and haircuts for female) the game CTD ...

Last edited:
So, the grid girls went back to their model stage or so, unable to perform on the streets.
But hey, bad news aside, here are the good news: Working on a simple OSD mod (currently no starting lights), will remove wrong way sign, too.
Anything else? Maybe have the minimap pure with only your marker and no AI? Removing the messages for illegal overtake? Removing the who-won-the-race live symbol? Removing messages for corner cutting etc.? GIMME FEEDBACK NAO! :D

Let me know.
F1_2015 2015-07-20 20-35-54-52.jpg

E: So disabling the warning text but still showing flags works ... disabling the wrong way sign ... not, lol. If I disable the related files for the wrong way sign (which are actually named with wrong way), the wrong way sign still appears but no flags appear anymore and the left menu with the flags nonetheless. Man, codemasters, who the ... programmed this? :D

Last edited:
Currently working on unlocking all weather scenarios for all tracks.
Have extracted and edited the erp files but getting stuck on loading screen for track after putting back the new erp file. Anyone has any ideas be welcome

Currently working on unlocking all weather scenarios for all tracks.
Have extracted and edited the erp files but getting stuck on loading screen for track after putting back the new erp file. Anyone has any ideas be welcome
If you use quickbms then forget it, this tool is not working correctly for reimporting.

Hello I am new to all this CM have pissed me off not being able to edit the game any more I have been playing around with C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\F1 2015\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\handling. I used BMS to unpack changed 1 byte (number) in file when you reimport the file enlarges so you hang on game screen never loads.
I have used notepad ++ to check differences in orginal and edited file after reimporting results in increase in byte numbers and also lines.
I have successfully reimported with same amount of bytes and lines with 1 byte (number) changed the game loads ok now to my save game but have no drive what so ever sounds, video all ok. I am not a programmer at all but I think the trick is to keep the bytes and lines the same number then the file reimports without forcing but at the moment still useless but somebody smarter than me might be able to come up with some thing to fix. Hope to hear some replies.

Well I am an amateur but I have spent over 200 hrs on these mongrel handing files most of that time trying to change the weight of the McLaren many crashes (Loading) not gaming since I have finally figured it out you cannot change the EFFFFFFN weight so I gave up !!!!!!! Some time latter I thought what about fuel, grip. Ha I've done it !!!!! I can change all these to what I like not only on McLaren but the Manor and the Red Bull as well I just haven't had time for the rest but what I have learnt of these mongrel ERP files they all encrypt in a different way, you just have to look for patterns. I have no way of knowing how I did this so please don't ask me to explain it I haven't got a clue, I can just see the patterns in the files. We need a specific program like Ryders it takes me all night just to do one file now that I can see what to look for. I have won the world championship in Pro mode with Manor and some fantastic wheel to wheel racing with Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel and Bottas and winning races by 4-8 seconds way better than the CM crap they have dealt us with please we need some one to work this crap out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%