Resource icon

Misc F1 2015 Voice Attack profiles 2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Daniel Lee submitted a new resource:

F1 2015 Voice Attack profiles - Pre configured voice attack profiles. Use your voice to control the race.

So since we as PC users don't get the voice commmands our console friends get i've gone ahead and created a set of VoiceAttack profiles you can import and use in game.

The profiles allow you to use the talk to your engineer feature using the external program VoiceAttack.

VoiceAttack is an external program that runs macros when it registers a voice command. See here for more info : http://www.voiceattack.com/download.aspx

It is not a free program but in my opinion is extremely...

Read more about this resource...

Hi !
Thanks for the profile. But I a have an issue.
When I execute a command, I loose control of the car for 1 sec.
Is there something to configure in particular in voice attack ?

How does it work in the game? I still have the icon crossed out in red
Yep that will be normal behaviour. If you speak the keywords it should still work.

Hi !
Thanks for the profile. But I a have an issue.
When I execute a command, I loose control of the car for 1 sec.
Is there something to configure in particular in voice attack ?

Yep, i'm experiencing this too actually. I'm looking into fixing this at the moment as it's really annoying. It works normally for the quick menu but the engineer thing seems to take control away from the wheel.

Posted this on steam, where the mod originates.

I found that the race engineer kept changing the profiles over as VA sometimes thought he was saying "set race" or "set quali" etc. So I changed the line to "Race Profile", "Quali Profile" and "Practice Profile" to get around that issue.

I also added my own joystick commands as I use the Xbox One Controller for Windows.
I added commands so that if I press D-Pad UP, it presses keyboard up. If I press D-Pad RIGHT, it presses keyboard right.
This way I can still get the driver to change his own fuel mix and brake balace rather than having to speak aloud. After all, it is the driver's hands doing those tasks, not his voice over radio.

To add these in, you need to go to:

- Options > Joystick Options and tick the 'Enable Joystick' box, then select your controller. (In my case "Controller, XBOX One For Windows")

- Tick the "Enable Joystick 1 POV Hat Switches" box.

- In the POV 1 Switches row, check the '4' circle and hit OK.

Then go to your Practice Profile and hit edit profile to add in the new entries.

- Go to 'New Command'

- Uncheck the "When I say" box ---BUT--- leave some wording in the textbox so you know what this is.

- Check the "When I press button" box and you should get a prompt to press a joystick D-Pad button. Let's use the D-Pad UP button for this example. It should say Joystick 1, POV 1 when you hit it.

- Press OK to close the button assignment window.

Back in the Add Command window, set the following sequence

- "When this command executes, do the following sequence:

----- Press Up key and hold for 0.4 seconds and release

Make sure the key press is set to STANDARD and NOT Windows Game (Direct X) otherwise these will not work at all.

That's it!
Repeat the process for the other three D-Pad buttons, assigning them to the appropriate right, down and left keyboard buttons, and then add them to all three profiles (Practice, Quali and Race)

Now you can still use the old D-Pad menu, as well as speaking to your engineer :)

Yep, i'm experiencing this too actually. I'm looking into fixing this at the moment as it's really annoying. It works normally for the quick menu but the engineer thing seems to take control away from the wheel.

OK, I finally got a chance to try the profile tonight, and yes I was losing control of my G27 during some commands. After a little bit of fiddling I have fixed it, and it's a simple fix.

Please bear in mind that I am only interested in the Engineer's panel on the left, not the right hand Radio panel. You have to remap your DPAD again, but use any normal keys NOT the arrow keys used in this profile. I used to create macros for the previous games, and never used the arrow keys, I use the WSAD keys, probably because of the PC first person shooter in me. For some reason this game does not like the arrow keys being used, and it effects your steering wheel :)

So in-game remap as follows :-

DPAD UP = W
DPAD DOWN = S
DPAD LEFT = A
DPAD RIGHT = D
Here is a temporary fix, just for the left menu only. Daniel use it if you wish to update your mod. It will probably need some work to be able add the right hand radio menu.

If you want the link removed just tell me, it's just here to stop people crashing their cars, when they lose the use of their wheel for that short time :)

Edit: my link removed, I think there was one incorrectly mapped key, I am now using Daniel's profile

Last edited:
Daniel Lee updated F1 2015 Voice Attack profiles with a new update entry:

Rebound Quick menu commands

Users of previous version may have experienced loss of control with the wheel after saying a command.

Huge thanks to Graham Laing for figuring out this was only related to the arrow keys being used... I was heading an entirely different direction.

These new profiles should solve this issue, quick menu keys need to be rebound to the W,A,S,D keys.
W = Up
D = Right
S = Down
A = Left

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great stuff, thanks. Resource has been updated.

By all means keep your file uploaded. It's a nice alternative for those who don't use the radio menu.

Up to you, but if you want you could just add the engineer only profiles to your profile pack, in another folder. It would be good (I assume) for those that only want the engineer, or are restricted by the 20 commands rule of the unregistered Voice Attack. The largest profile contains just 15 commands .:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%