F1 2015 F1 2015 The Game Released

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1 2015 The Game Released.jpg

Just a little while ago Steam unlocked F1 2015 and the annual Formula 1 game is now released in Europe for Windows PC players.

North American's have to be a little more patient and wait for 11 more days until the game releases on the 21st of July 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam for PC. (Update: Seems that Americans are getting lucky with a Steam release today as well.)

The central game mode this year is the all-new Championship Season, which according to the developers promises to deliver the most immersive F1 experience yet, thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a Grand Prix.

The upcoming weekend will be used by thousands of race fans to enjoy the first moments in the game and below you find some handy links and tips to enhance your experience!

F1 2015 Mods and Modding
Our active community modders have already started working to find out whether F1 2015 is moddable. It has a new file system using an unfamiliar file format, possibly encrypted. If and when mods become available for PC users, please feel free to visit our download section to get your hands on them..

Got questions? Want to start your own modding career? Make sure to visit the F1 2015 modding forums and check out the sticky threads for more information.

Real racers, race online
RaceDepartment hosts a couple of long running online F1 series for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. This great group of organizers and racers are ready to welcome new- and old-comers to their various series. Sign-ups have already started so hurry up and check them out here. Of course everybody is invited to setup daily casual events in the same forum when you aren't interested in racing just for the points but are looking for a more social type of racing.

Let us help you with F1 car setups
RaceDepartment is keeping up with an annual tradition: Since 2010 we have provided a free to use service to the Codemasters community by providing top notch racing setups for the year Formula 1 sim.

If setting up your car is not something you are accustomed to, let us help you out. Here are some useful links that have helped hundreds of thousands of players during the last five years.

Setups
Setups for all F1 cars on all tracks under all conditions
F1 2015 Setups
F1 2014 Setups
F1 2013 Setups
F1 2012 Setups
F1 2011 Setups
F1 2010 Setups

Setups Directory
Handy one page overview of all setups.
F1 2015 Directory
F1 2014 Directory
F1 2013 Directory
F1 2012 Directory

Setup Guide
A handy guide guide explaining the basics of setting up a virtual racing car can be downloaded here

F1 2015 Photos and Videos
Are you an ambitious YouTuber or photographer looking for an audience? Make sure to check out RaceTube and submit your stunning video and photo productions.

Last edited by a moderator:
can't wait to hear what people will say about it, I did like the 2010,11 and 12, but didn't buy 13 and 14 since it was same old same old

Ironic really - 13 is head-and-shoulders over what came before (esp if you get the Classics DLC) - they got the feel of driving an F1 car down in 2010 but it took until 2013 to get the game around it to be worth your time.

2014 was a backwards-step in many ways sadly - I suspect, being a new engine, that 2015 will be disappointing too - hopefully it'll sell well enough to give us 'another 2013' at some point tho.

100 fps in benchmark - 10 fps when I start driving.
Just played it for 20 minutes on medium settings on ultra sli its unplayable , carnt do benchmarks it crashes , but the game handles like a joke , whoever in here said it feels like assetto corsa wants hanging lol , total waste of money animations are alover the place , graphics are terrible , the audio is half the levels of any other game I have played on PC so low its a joke , ffb is strong but zero feeling from the car at all , even with my butkicker on high settings :D:D

I'm having a blast with it. Here's a few positives and negatives
Positives
-Runs much better than 2014 or even 2013 did on my computer. I'm running settings at high where I was at medium or low in 2014
-Podiums are pretty neat. I'm sure I'll tire of seeing them after a while but was surprised after my first win. They did a nice job with these
-Car seems easier to dial in for me than last years version
-love the new menus, much easier to navigate
-love the time trial function where you have the ability to download a rivals setup. Also love that the leaderboard leaders ghost car shows up for you to chase down

Negatives
-Force feedback. I have a DFGT and will echo what others have said about the dead spot right in the middle. I have everything cranked and still not getting much feedback.
-graphics options don't seem to save for me(at least some of them). I had to go out and edit the config file manually and then in game saw the changes saved
-I was hoping for Nurburging to still be in the game despite it not being a part of the schedule. I hope it's somewhere embedded and just has to be unlocked
-not really a negative but I miss my old crew chief from the previous games. The new one is taking a whle to get used to.

Apologies for prattling on, but at this point, I'm super pleased with the game.

I happy with what Ive played so far on PC. Set a custom control scheme for my T500RS because I couldn't change the preset buttons myself. Upped all the FFB to 100% in game and that feels good, wasnt getting any wheel weight with it at 50% but I like the way it handles now.
FPS is anywhere between 70-100 with my 780TI @ 1080P on my 47" TV I use as a monitor. Im not noticing any massive frame loss anywhere and Ive tried a few different tracks and cars.
I think it sounds really good.
Im heaps impressed with the AI. I tried to pass Massa and instead of having him back off at my first attempt he held his line through the corner. We spent three corners side by side until he finally gave up on the fourth. I haven't had that happen with AI in any of the previous games.
Only gripes I can think of so far is that yeah I too got the crash after running the benchmark test, and I've got to push my accelerator half way down before it applies any power to the engine.
I gotta say my initial couple of hours with it have been positive.

massive bug for me. I was leading the race start to finish however the UI states Perez is a minute in the lead lol. Stupid game.

Attachments

• F1_2015 2015-07-10 14-45-17-89.jpg
    F1_2015 2015-07-10 14-45-17-89.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 434
  • F1_2015 2015-07-10 14-46-30-82.jpg
    F1_2015 2015-07-10 14-46-30-82.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 395
I think its not bad at all . But so many bugs and the gfx have been way way way oversold . The AI is actually rather impressive considering . But this needs a lot of working out right now. This issue I mentioned above really spoils it for me. :(

I think its not bad at all . But so many bugs and the gfx have been way way way oversold . The AI is actually rather impressive considering . But this needs a lot of working out right now. This issue I mentioned above really spoils it for me. :(
its half a game the lighting is horrible , ac preview looked 10 times better , all these issues want be fixed in the next two months whatever happens they might has well just released it at there normal times after the season is finished so you carnt compare anything :p

its half a game the lighting is horrible , ac preview looked 10 times better , all these issues want be fixed in the next two months whatever happens they might has well just released it at there normal times after the season is finished so you carnt compare anything :p

My only hope is they are telling the truth when they say they are listening to the fans more now and that Dirt Rally wasn't just a one off. Afterall that was the selling point for that game. However , probably a different team and this is a new engine for F1. I think your'e right though . The next couple months they need to firstly address and acknowledge day one issues and quickly respond.

My only hope is they are telling the truth when they say they are listening to the fans more now and that Dirt Rally wasn't just a one off. Afterall that was the selling point for that game. However , probably a different team and this is a new engine for F1. I think your'e right though . The next couple months they need to firstly address and acknowledge day one issues and quickly respond.
took them over 4 years to release another rally game and thats what they where always best at rally games , so after 4 and half years with none obviously will be class game , but f1 2010 had some of the best lighting ingame for me looked really natural the lighting , put the 2015 cars in 2010 with the current physics you might have something decent at the end of it .

I don't get all of the criticism. I don't have access to my G27 at the moment but I've played it for a bit with a controller and the game runs beautifully. I have a 770 4gb and I get a consistent 60 fps in all weather conditions even at Monaco on max settings at 1080p. I'm running the game on Windows 10 though. I don't know if that's the big difference between my experience and other's.

The only complaint I have at the moment is that the replays are limited to 30 fps. Anyone else notice this?

I am actually really enjoying it, the driving feel and the FFB are much better than any of the old games. I have a lot more feeling on the car, I can control slides and I can actually feel the road. I like the championship mode as well.

One bad thing is the AI, they are a bit too agressive and lapped cars try to stick on your inside to overtake you.

Well unfortunately Frank on my G27 it drives, feels, and looks like ............ 'Insert auto Simberia ticket booking statement here' :sick:

Edit : It should be noted that my steering woes were due to the Logitech profiler, not applying my profile to the game

Blurry with :-

2 x HD7970's with AMD 15.7 drivers. Graphic at max settings, then tweaked to just use SMAA, with motion blur/depth of field disabled in the hardware_settings_config.xml file.

Last edited:
I don't get all of the criticism. I don't have access to my G27 at the moment but I've played it for a bit with a controller and the game runs beautifully. I have a 770 4gb and I get a consistent 60 fps in all weather conditions even at Monaco on max settings at 1080p. I'm running the game on Windows 10 though. I don't know if that's the big difference between my experience and other's.

The only complaint I have at the moment is that the replays are limited to 30 fps. Anyone else notice this?

Just play for some more and discover all the bugs for yourself mate. Like mine where Perez was stated as winning yet was actually back in 18th place.

Just play for some more and discover all the bugs for yourself mate. Like mine where Perez was stated as winning yet was actually back in 18th place.
This position bug was meant to patched out prior to release, as far as I am aware, but perhaps I am wrong. It's a shame if it's still there and it was patched pre-release.

Were the championship points effected?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 153 7.8%
  • < 5 years