F1 2015 F1 2015 The Game Released

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1 2015 The Game Released.jpg

Just a little while ago Steam unlocked F1 2015 and the annual Formula 1 game is now released in Europe for Windows PC players.

North American's have to be a little more patient and wait for 11 more days until the game releases on the 21st of July 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam for PC. (Update: Seems that Americans are getting lucky with a Steam release today as well.)

The central game mode this year is the all-new Championship Season, which according to the developers promises to deliver the most immersive F1 experience yet, thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a Grand Prix.

The upcoming weekend will be used by thousands of race fans to enjoy the first moments in the game and below you find some handy links and tips to enhance your experience!

F1 2015 Mods and Modding
Our active community modders have already started working to find out whether F1 2015 is moddable. It has a new file system using an unfamiliar file format, possibly encrypted. If and when mods become available for PC users, please feel free to visit our download section to get your hands on them..

Got questions? Want to start your own modding career? Make sure to visit the F1 2015 modding forums and check out the sticky threads for more information.

Real racers, race online
RaceDepartment hosts a couple of long running online F1 series for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. This great group of organizers and racers are ready to welcome new- and old-comers to their various series. Sign-ups have already started so hurry up and check them out here. Of course everybody is invited to setup daily casual events in the same forum when you aren't interested in racing just for the points but are looking for a more social type of racing.

Let us help you with F1 car setups
RaceDepartment is keeping up with an annual tradition: Since 2010 we have provided a free to use service to the Codemasters community by providing top notch racing setups for the year Formula 1 sim.

If setting up your car is not something you are accustomed to, let us help you out. Here are some useful links that have helped hundreds of thousands of players during the last five years.

Setups
Setups for all F1 cars on all tracks under all conditions
F1 2015 Setups
F1 2014 Setups
F1 2013 Setups
F1 2012 Setups
F1 2011 Setups
F1 2010 Setups

Setups Directory
Handy one page overview of all setups.
F1 2015 Directory
F1 2014 Directory
F1 2013 Directory
F1 2012 Directory

Setup Guide
A handy guide guide explaining the basics of setting up a virtual racing car can be downloaded here

F1 2015 Photos and Videos
Are you an ambitious YouTuber or photographer looking for an audience? Make sure to check out RaceTube and submit your stunning video and photo productions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scott, I agree it is a disaster area and inexcusable being it is not their first F1 game. Have you tried a system restore? It was the only thing that would fix it even though I had re installed the drivers. It had actually corrupted windows itself!
Yes its no use , ill just buy some more most likely I tried everything I can think of with it .

Yes its no use , ill just buy some more most likely I tried everything I can think of with it .
Not good. How can a delayed game be released with so many issues, I knew I should have waited. It's like Batman all over again.

As for the little bit of gfx I have seen running on my PC it looks like crap blurry and horrible. A bad console port methinks. Should have spent the £20 on beer and a takeaway instead.

Not good. How can a delayed game be released with so many issues, I knew I should have waited. It's like Batman all over again.

As for the little bit of gfx I have seen running on my PC it looks like crap blurry and horrible. A bad console port methinks. Should have spent the £20 on beer and a takeaway instead.

Comparing to Batman is a touch extreme don't you think? It runs fine on my lap top. Just because a certain set up isn't running well you can't fault the game as a whole. I mean Batman was awful across the board !!

Granted I can't comment about handling etc as I've only tested on my keyboard at work so far but it does look and feel a step up from past iterations. As I said before ..not a revolution but progression.

P.s some of the livery work is pretty shoddy and the 2014 season is just a copy paste of the old cars from 2014 pre season testing once again. (as expected I guess) .

Comparing to Batman is a touch extreme don't you think? It runs fine on my lap top. Just because a certain set up isn't running well you can't fault the game as a whole. I mean Batman was awful across the board !!

Granted I can't comment about handling etc as I've only tested on my keyboard at work so far but it does look and feel a step up from past iterations. As I said before ..not a revolution but progression.

P.s some of the livery work is pretty shoddy and the 2014 season is just a copy paste of the old cars from 2014 pre season testing once again. (as expected I guess) .
I can only go off what has happened to me since installation mate.

Benchmark crash.
Control settings now screwed up.
Game crash which led to explorer crash.
CSR pedals no longer recognised
Corruption of ethernet port!!!!!!!!!!
Blurry gfx on a GTX970

That is not a good start after about 30 minutes with it.

I
I can only go off what has happened to me since installation mate.

Benchmark crash.
Control settings now screwed up.
Game crash which led to explorer crash.
CSR pedals no longer recognised
Corruption of ethernet port!!!!!!!!!!
Blurry gfx on a GTX970

That is not a good start after about 30 minutes with it.
don't doubt there are problems. I've crashed the game twice so far. Just this minute it crashed after a replay. It seems to switch to windowed mode rather too easily and I think the gpu doesn't like it. One occasion the game wouldn't boot again and I had to reverify the files.

TIP: Guys i post this every time a Codies game comes out. I simply don't trust their games to work well with Steam cloud servers. Too many tears were shed losing save files in Grid 2 and F12012. Always save locally :)

I hope the cockpit cam annoys you as much as it does me. ...ugh

These are all taken AFTER changing the config setting to false in regards to motion blur.

Attachments

• 2015-07-10_00006.jpg
    2015-07-10_00006.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 826
  • 2015-07-10_00004.jpg
    2015-07-10_00004.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 696
  • 2015-07-10_00003.jpg
    2015-07-10_00003.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 605
  • 2015-07-10_00002.jpg
    2015-07-10_00002.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 589

Got it working again , striped down the pedals , gave em a quick clean while I was there , but removed the break sensor , reinstalled the drivers tested the throttle , then turned pc off and re connected the break sensor and then checked it again got it back now , old trick i learned in the army :p

I hope the cockpit cam annoys you as much as it does me. ...ugh

These are all taken AFTER changing the config setting to false in regards to motion blur.
Looks good to say they only did similar to me with the W06 there saying that all the cars are 2014 cars but with new noses and they will be adding a update next month whatever with the updated cars , but suppose the physics are the main thing at this point in time , but your laptop looks a dam site better than my pc lol , ill try 1080p now but carnt drive that resolution the fov feels crazy after using triple screens .

Looks good to say they only did similar to me with the W06 there saying that all the cars are 2014 cars but with new noses and they will be adding a update next month whatever with the updated cars , but suppose the physics are the main thing at this point in time , but your laptop looks a dam site better than my pc lol , ill try 1080p now but carnt drive that resolution the fov feels crazy after using triple screens .

My point was in the arm moving through the side wall. Those details annoy me these days lol. For obvious reasons I'm sure you can appreciate.

Just tried a race at Singapore and the wheel went completely dead, the game doesn't let you take control first time you have to restart to get it back,when the wheel does work the ffb doesn't do much unless I hit a wall and then it comes to life, cant really control the car very well as the throttle doesn't do a lot until it's half way down and 2nd corner at Singapore even that gives up as it seems to run through wet treacle, severe FPS drops in various places and solid in others, various other graphic glitches, when you exit the exe crashes and then something else tries to install and error 41 pops up, worst initial release I've come across for a while, I'll wait for a patch and see where it go's

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back