F1 2015 F1 2015 The Game Released

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
F1 2015 The Game Released.jpg

Just a little while ago Steam unlocked F1 2015 and the annual Formula 1 game is now released in Europe for Windows PC players.

North American's have to be a little more patient and wait for 11 more days until the game releases on the 21st of July 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam for PC. (Update: Seems that Americans are getting lucky with a Steam release today as well.)

The central game mode this year is the all-new Championship Season, which according to the developers promises to deliver the most immersive F1 experience yet, thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a Grand Prix.

The upcoming weekend will be used by thousands of race fans to enjoy the first moments in the game and below you find some handy links and tips to enhance your experience!

F1 2015 Mods and Modding
Our active community modders have already started working to find out whether F1 2015 is moddable. It has a new file system using an unfamiliar file format, possibly encrypted. If and when mods become available for PC users, please feel free to visit our download section to get your hands on them..

Got questions? Want to start your own modding career? Make sure to visit the F1 2015 modding forums and check out the sticky threads for more information.

Real racers, race online
RaceDepartment hosts a couple of long running online F1 series for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. This great group of organizers and racers are ready to welcome new- and old-comers to their various series. Sign-ups have already started so hurry up and check them out here. Of course everybody is invited to setup daily casual events in the same forum when you aren't interested in racing just for the points but are looking for a more social type of racing.

Let us help you with F1 car setups
RaceDepartment is keeping up with an annual tradition: Since 2010 we have provided a free to use service to the Codemasters community by providing top notch racing setups for the year Formula 1 sim.

If setting up your car is not something you are accustomed to, let us help you out. Here are some useful links that have helped hundreds of thousands of players during the last five years.

Setups
Setups for all F1 cars on all tracks under all conditions
F1 2015 Setups
F1 2014 Setups
F1 2013 Setups
F1 2012 Setups
F1 2011 Setups
F1 2010 Setups

Setups Directory
Handy one page overview of all setups.
F1 2015 Directory
F1 2014 Directory
F1 2013 Directory
F1 2012 Directory

Setup Guide
A handy guide guide explaining the basics of setting up a virtual racing car can be downloaded here

F1 2015 Photos and Videos
Are you an ambitious YouTuber or photographer looking for an audience? Make sure to check out RaceTube and submit your stunning video and photo productions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it show my fanatec clubsport v1 , but ingame it would not turn or move anything , no gears nothing at all , but under the clubsport v1 , you can not alter anything at all , so had to make custom settings , which was a nightmare then my pedals stopped working well just the break pedal , gone in assetto corsa and now no break at all with nothing , tried intsalling the drivers again and it crashes the software , so stuffed my setup at this point :roflmao:

Now i'm glad all i had to do was change from G29 to G27 :roflmao:

I should have really but iI have all 5 games just wanted to see how it handled but bought 2 copies lol and they changed everything from .pssg to .erp with crazy compression very doubtful there will be any mods available for this game .

I was asking about the PC version because im just waiting for modders to make it ///... better :)
but so far from here and other forums alot of people are having issues on PC version...

I was asking about the PC version because im just waiting for modders to make it ///... better :)
but so far from here and other forums alot of people are having issues on PC version...
not moddable at this point they have totally changed all the code from the last 4 games , similar to the some of the classics that no oner could ever access , this game will be dead on PC and most of the users either move to pcars or assetto corsa .

not moddable at this point they have totally changed all the code from the last 4 games , similar to the some of the classics that no oner could ever access , this game will be dead on PC and most of the users either move to pcars or assetto corsa .
Will get a free PC and Xbone copies tomorrow, guess both will be given away. not sure what codemasters f1 team was thinking. rally dirt team did a great job though

I love it so far. Playing at 2560x1600 the game looks good, motion blur is a bit heavy, wish it could be dialed down some. No issues with game performance even at the ultra high setting and AA at the highest level SMAA+ TXAA, solid 60fps on a GTX 980. Using a CSW v2 wheel and CSR Elite pedals, everything works properly after selecting custom profile. The FFB is VERY different than previous F1 games, the 3 basic FFB sliders need some major tweaking from the default settings. Using a 80/30/80 setup gives a nice feel, much better than previous F1 games.

Last edited:
My pedals have stoped working since I installed this game earlier in the night :(
My CSR elites have now stopped working.

Also the wheel rotation is messed up.

The best thing was it crashed on me, I had to restart my PC, when it booted up it started installing all my USB devices again. To top it all the crash corrupted my ethernet adapter which meant no internet and after a lot of fannying around to no avail had to do a system restore to repair it.

Lazarou decrees avoid like the plague.

hows the AI now do the overtake at all now?

Yeah I saw lots of ducking and diving. Cars running off the track and making general mistakes. Its for sure an upgrade. Just don't expect a revolution. You arn't gonna get it. Just a fun pick up and play racing game. Just treat it as such when you boot it up. Stop comparing it to full sims and getting worked up when your expensive kit isnt optimised to play on it. Dream on.

Dear diary,

It's day one, and I have not purchased this game. I am still awaiting on Youtube footage of people who actually know how to drive a car. I see videos from Tiadartmuk-or what ever his name is, and AlexZarfraaror and Avatatruuara, who all manage to receive a huge number of hits on their F1 2015 footage, and yet they're some of the worst drivers I've ever seen. I mean seriously, what is an apex? Is it even possible to be that bad at a driving game? And why, if they're such awful drivers, do they get so many views? All they do is ramble on, and crash into things.

More developments to follow...

Dear diary,

It's day one, and I have not purchased this game. I am still awaiting on Youtube footage of people who actually know how to drive a car. I see videos from Tiadartmuk-or what ever his name is, and AlexZarfraaror and Avatatruuara, who all manage to receive a huge number of hits on their F1 2015 footage, and yet they're some of the worst drivers I've ever seen. I mean seriously, what is an apex? Is it even possible to be that bad at a driving game? And why, if they're such awful drivers, do they get so many views? All they do is ramble on, and crash into things.

More developments to follow...

Welcome to the Internet. Were often the bad stuff receive more likes&money than the good one.

First post not really correct.
IN EUROPE game already release not only for PC, on Xbox One (on ps4 maybe also) in Europe game released (my game I buy in Russian xbox digital store). Released 10.07.2015 (today)

After an hour of time trials.

What i like:
- handling, far better then previous f1 cm games;
- ffb;
- on a single screen the perfomance is good even with an "old" gtx 670.

What i don't like:
- the f1 2010 yellow tint is back lol;
- too much blur;
- game crashes at the end of the benchmark and on exit of the game;
- on occasions i have a black flickering image on the whole screen for a millisecond.

Long story short looks like the usual pile of bugs, but the driving is pretty good this time. :p

Usually i am unlucky, but i feel i'm very lucky with this game, i have no issues with it, it's beyond what i was expecting,, braking and throttling is somewhat similar to Assetto Corsa, the handling is much better than previous years, you can actually feel what the car is about to do.

Sorry for others that have problems with pedals and wheel etc, im using a DFGT and it's perfect, no input lag or other bad things, i just changed the degrees to 360 and unchecked in profiler "Allow Game To Adjust Settings" . The wheel linearity is 1:1, pedals have no deadzones

lets face it even pcars was quiet on pc compared to console.
Just thought I would add it there , but AC is
My CSR elites have now stopped working.

Also the wheel rotation is messed up.

The best thing was it crashed on me, I had to restart my PC, when it booted up it started installing all my USB devices again. To top it all the crash corrupted my ethernet adapter which meant no internet and after a lot of fannying around to no avail had to do a system restore to repair it.

Lazarou decrees avoid like the plague.
Your lucky , I carnt get mine working again , the throttle is there then not there but the break has totally gone and reinstalled all the drivers 4 times with no luck with it , games a joke worst mess of a launch game ever released .

Just thought I would add it there , but AC is

Your lucky , I carnt get mine working again , the throttle is there then not there but the break has totally gone and reinstalled all the drivers 4 times with no luck with it , games a joke worst mess of a launch game ever released .
Hi Scott, I agree it is a disaster area and inexcusable being it is not their first F1 game. Have you tried a system restore? It was the only thing that would fix it even though I had re installed the drivers. It had actually corrupted windows itself!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%