F1 2015 'F1 2015 The Game details and images leaked'

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Justin

#1 overuser of the :P emoticon
F1 2015 leaked images 04.jpg

Today the first leaked images of F1 2015 The Game appeared on the internet. These are reportedly images scanned from an internal Codemasters newsletter (unconfirmed), including a first look at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez racing circuit in Mexico City.

It seems like the plan is to have the game ship with 2014 car models with 2015 liveries, and have them replaced via updates as they make them during the season.

Another detail to note is that this mentions that the game is 3-4 months away from release, meaning a likely June 2015 release.

For more information on F1 2015 and Codemasters' previous Formula 1 racing games check out the F1 201x forums.

F1 2015 leaked images 01.jpgF1 2015 leaked images 02.png F1 2015 leaked images 03.jpg F1 2015 leaked images 04.jpg F1 2015 leaked images 05.jpg
Images via: Imgur

To me it looks like a digital report to FIA/FOM, justifying the current status of the game, explaining where it stands at the moment. They ask for ongoing support for the next 3 months, referring to the sign-off-phase of the game. Someone with access to it has used his phone to take images, so it seems.

If the trade-off for having the game in may-june, means that we first have to drive with half 2014 half 2015 cars, I think 99% of the community is willing to take this. Especially this year with the jump in graphics.

How funny, the exact day I decide to research some info on the game, these images and info leaks.:laugh: Looks promising, think I will give it a go on my Xbox One, even though I'm rubbish playing racing games with a controller :roflmao:

Maybe there is something wrong with my eyes then as I hardly see any differences with previous year's games when I look at the Monaco first turn screenshot from the T-cam angle.

Nice to see the Mexican GP shots. Can't wait to race that circuit again after all those years :inlove:

Maybe there is something wrong with my eyes then as I hardly see any differences with previous year's games when I look at the Monaco first turn screenshot from the T-cam angle.

Nice to see the Mexican GP shots. Can't wait to race that circuit again after all those years :inlove:

There's a lot more detail in the environments and textures and the shadows + lighting are massively better. Just wait till we see it in motion. Considering that is likely the console build the PC version is gonna look very nice.

That being said, I'm a CM doubter these days and like Chris, I need to see that the gameplay has been improved before getting excited. All the glitz and glam means nothing when the physics and FFB are trash like they are on 2010-2014.

Also online multiplayer. No dedicated servers = not worth playing online. Hopefully they've remedied this or at the very least fixed the poor netcode.

Last edited:
Also online multiplayer. No dedivated servers = not worth playing online. Hopefully they've remedied this or at the very least fixed the poor netcode.
I'll bet my next months pay cheque that it won't have dedicated servers. :p (Kidding. Kind of...).
Codies have designed the entire game around console gameplay. The PC audience is so tiny in comparison that they probably deem it not worth their time to implement such a thing, which is a shame, because it could turn it from a 5/10 to an 8/10 game.

Still, we'll have to wait and see. But, AC will still occupy 99% of my racing time, even if Codies get dedicated servers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.7%