F1 2015 'F1 2015 The Game details and images leaked'

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Justin

#1 overuser of the :P emoticon
F1 2015 leaked images 04.jpg

Today the first leaked images of F1 2015 The Game appeared on the internet. These are reportedly images scanned from an internal Codemasters newsletter (unconfirmed), including a first look at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez racing circuit in Mexico City.

It seems like the plan is to have the game ship with 2014 car models with 2015 liveries, and have them replaced via updates as they make them during the season.

Another detail to note is that this mentions that the game is 3-4 months away from release, meaning a likely June 2015 release.

For more information on F1 2015 and Codemasters' previous Formula 1 racing games check out the F1 201x forums.

F1 2015 leaked images 01.jpgF1 2015 leaked images 02.png F1 2015 leaked images 03.jpg F1 2015 leaked images 04.jpg F1 2015 leaked images 05.jpg
Images via: Imgur

One thing I don't like about the F1 CM series is when you enter to a practice or qualy session the clock starts ticking right away. So, I think, it would help with the inmersion aspect if there is a small gap between you enter the session and the clock starts ticking and you have the possibility to drive your car through the pit lane and wait for the green light at the end of the pit lane. We see this a lot on real life Formula 1 when there are changing conditions during the qualy sessions and the teams send their cars to set times before starts raining. I know is a little apect of a whole game, but it would be great to have it.

Another part of the game that should be improved are the practice sessions, at least on career mode. The practice sessions should be more rewarded. I mean, until now "the game" or "your team" doesn't care if you make a lot or just few laps during the sessions. Apart from the R&D programs, there are no others programs to follow. Your engineer doesn't know if you're setting times with full or empty tank, so for him the times you set with full tank always are slow times. There is no way to know if the "race pace" that you try to test during the practice sessions is close to being good for the actual race. I think your team should be more aware about what you do during the sessions and react accordingly. Spend more time on the track should help the team to help you to improve the setup and upgrade the car during the season.
ive been saying this for the last couple of years, practice sessions need more work, firstly i want all 3 back, because now if it rains in fp3 your screwed to sort set up out, i reckon the set up shouldn't be about setting the car to the right numbers as it is now
I think there should be a range your allowed to set it to say front wing instead of 1-11 we should have to choose 1-3 4-7 8-11 then you have to go out and do 5-10 laps to be able to get the range to the exact set up you want. Just to make practice sessions like real f1

Hatta said:

We’re not commenting on the leaked details other than the quote that was provided to the press.

"The work-in-progress images were taken from a confidential internal development email. At this time, all content is subject to approval by Formula One Management and the teams."

Boring and vague I know. But as I’ve said a few times, we’re not ready to announce F1 2015 yet. Sadly the leak has revealed the game without context and like anything without context, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

Sadly this leak has hit a bit too early and we can’t just push our announcement forward because as mentioned, we’re not ready – we still have assets being created and approved. But once we are ready things will become a lot clearer.

Anyone notice the text above the third photo? "We're moving some of our focus on to the 2016 title, while still working on fine tuning features in 2015" What?! Also, how have they even still got the license at this point just baffles me, let alone for 2016. I guess this years edition will once again be a lazy copy/paste job of last years game into a new gen engine that'll be full of trademark bugs. It's been 5 games and they still haven't been able to program an AI capable of overtaking a human player. But hey, slightly better graphics guys!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back