F1 2015 F1 2015 stutters on Windows 10

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,

I have just upgraded to Windows 10, and this I think has affected F1 2015. The game now stutters and does not run smoothly, whereas on Windows 7 it was absolutley fine. I have upgraded my PC rather than a clean install as I have to much stuff on it and it would take a long time to get everything back! Games like pCars, Assetto Corsa, both rFactor's and even the older F1 games run fine, so does anyone know why it is just F1 2015? If it is purely because its not compatible with Windows 10, do I go back to Windows 7 (I have a month to decide) or stick it out with 10 and wait for updates to the OS? If going back to 7 is my only option I will do so. Cheers.

Never use a fresh OS. Just don't. It's pure beta-testing, in one year Win X will be much more stable with much more specific drivers, program updates etc. etc.

I still wonder why people jump asap onto the I-need-the-new-OS-now-train. I was in the inside program but that's it to me for testing an OS. Nowadays companies tend to release things and the users have to report bugs.

Never use a fresh OS. Just don't. It's pure beta-testing, in one year Win X will be much more stable with much more specific drivers, program updates etc. etc.

I still wonder why people jump asap onto the I-need-the-new-OS-now-train. I was in the inside program but that's it to me for testing an OS. Nowadays companies tend to release things and the users have to report bugs.

Is it best i just switch back to Windows 7 then?

I also think it could be a video driver issue.

I'd suggest what @jonathan said. Since you did an update from Win7, you probably still have old video card drivers that's not optimized for Win 10.

I suggest you uninstall your video driver and download the latest release.

Hope it works for you.

For me windows 10 caused massive lagging when using my t500rs wheel. Wheel unplugged it worked fine. Weird thing is that it did only happen with F1 2015 and Dirt Rally, every other game worked fine.
I did install windows 7 and problem is solved.

It won't be my graphics card, F1 2015 is the only game I have thats been a bit dodgy,a ll others are fine. I have upgraded my drivers, but haven't ran the game since todays patch so maybe its better as I know some people had issues with the game after the previous patch

FWIW: I've just installed Windows 10 x64 today and F1 2015 runs fine for me. As sniper420 mentioned, performance seems to be a touch better too.

Something must be up with your hardware and software configuration, and W10 & this game can work well together.

I doubt it seeing as it was the only game that wouldn't run right...and its perfect on Windows 7.
I wasn't clear enough on my post, many apologies...

I didn't mean something was wrong with your hardware and software setup in general, I was thinking that there must be compatibility issues between those elements and the game itself. The first (and maybe only) thing that springs to mind is perhaps a slight problem with driver support(?) I take it you've (double) checked everything's as it should be with both driver updates and F1 2015s actual install (integrity is ok)?

Other than that, I don't know what could be wrong - but the meaning behind my original post was just to clarify that the game can run without issue on Windows 10 (on some peoples computers).

It runs great for me too @ 100 fps+, as this is the first time that there has been a AMD Crossfire profile for this series of games.

W10 Pro x64 : 2 x HD7970's in Crossfire : Intel i7-3770k @ 4 Ghz

I would suggest disabling some background tasks, and be wary of your virus checker. If you can whitelist the game install folder in your Virus Checker, it maybe a bonus. Some Virus checkers scan all files when opened/accessed (Active Protection), and this can cause game stuttering as the virus checker scans the same game files the game is accessing

Last edited:
I wasn't clear enough on my post, many apologies...

I didn't mean something was wrong with your hardware and software setup in general, I was thinking that there must be compatibility issues between those elements and the game itself. The first (and maybe only) thing that springs to mind is perhaps a slight problem with driver support(?) I take it you've (double) checked everything's as it should be with both driver updates and F1 2015s actual install (integrity is ok)?

Other than that, I don't know what could be wrong - but the meaning behind my original post was just to clarify that the game can run without issue on Windows 10 (on some peoples computers).

Ah okay no worries! Yeah double checked, cleaned drivers up and reinstalled latest Win10 ones only and even reinstalled the game, still had issues. I've gone back to Windows 7 now so not sure its worth the effort upgrading again.

It runs great for me too @ 100 fps+, as this is the first time that there has been a AMD Crossfire profile for this series of games.

W10 Pro x64 : 2 x HD7970's in Crossfire : Intel i7-3770k @ 4 Ghz

I would suggest disabling some background tasks, and be wary of your virus checker. If you can whitelist the game install folder in your Virus Checker, it maybe a bonus. Some Virus checkers scan all files when opened/accessed (Active Protection), and this can cause game stuttering as the virus checker scans the same game files the game is accessing

Sadly already gone back to Windows 7 haha! If I upgrade again I shall try that but doubt I will for a while

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%