F1 2015 F1 2015 release date & teaser trailer revealed

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
F1_2015_Shot_02.jpg

Codemasters and Bandai Namco have announced the release date for F1 2015, and have unveiled a teaser trailer for the latest installment in the series.

Click here to watch the teaser trailer!

F1 2015 will be out on July 10 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and as such will be the first next-gen only title in the series. The teaser trailer is only 22 seconds long, but at least it does show some in-game footage.

I have to say the graphics look rather good, and some footage could easily be mistaken for the real thing. Anyway, we all know the handling model is the most important part of a racing game, and as such we're curious to see what Codemasters has been up to.

Those who preorder the game will receive a metal case along with a guide called "Race Like a Champion". Whilst many have qualms about preording games, that certainly sounds better than some on-disc DLC that should have been in the base game! Stay tuned for more news on F1 2015!

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to learning how angles work you need to learn how to read.
And if you truly think that's only 10 degrees more that and straight up, you need glasses too.

I said the previous games were 255 which would be 127 side to side and quite clearly a lot more than the 90(180) degrees you seem to think it is.
Seriously look up a chart dude, that's almost halfway between 90 and 180 and you say a 100???
Better yet buy an adjustable wheel, you'll quickly figure out how little 10 degrees are.

I said to 255, the other dude said 270, which are all much closer to the mark than your 180 yet form the top of all your ignorance you keep making silly remarks.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/logitech-g27-settings-for-f1-2012-the-game.56364/page-3

Look post 51, and please stop behaving like an idiot, the facts are against you and i understand angles just fine, you don't...

In addition to learning how angles work you need to learn how to read.
And if you truly think that's only 10 degrees more that and straight up, you need glasses too.

I said the previous games were 255 which would be 127 side to side and quite clearly a lot more than the 90(180) degrees you seem to think it is.
Seriously look up a chart dude, that's almost halfway between 90 and 180 and you say a 100???
Better yet buy an adjustable wheel, you'll quickly figure out how little 10 degrees are.

I said to 255, the other dude said 270, which are all much closer to the mark than your 180 yet form the top of all your ignorance you keep making silly remarks.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/logitech-g27-settings-for-f1-2012-the-game.56364/page-3

Look post 51, and please stop behaving like an idiot, the facts are against you and i understand angles just fine, you don't...

Look dude, the best way i can describe what trevorr is saying is by using Project Cars as an example. During the setup of your wheel in project cars it tells you to put your wheel exactly 90 degrees either right or left... See the image below for what 90 degrees is... 180 degrees would be the wheel being upside down.

http://imgur.com/vTSrhFU

Look dude, the best way i can describe what trevorr is saying is by using Project Cars as an example. During the setup of your wheel in project cars it tells you to put your wheel exactly 90 degrees either right or left... See the image below for what 90 degrees is... 180 degrees would be the wheel being upside down.

http://imgur.com/vTSrhFU
Oh i got that, the thing is he says in F1 2014 the steering moves 90 degrees right/left (which would make 180 full lock), after some evidence he was "willing" to concede that it was more than that and went to a 100 degrees (so 200).

I provided both video and photographic that it in fact is 250 (or 125 in his terms), i don't know what else needs to be said.

On topic, it has been discussed wether F1 2015 would have more steering lock than the previous games, i can't tell yet because in the quick shot we got Button was turning the wheel more or less to the 250(125 in this weird measurement you guys like) the previous game had, so don't know if we would be able to turn it more just yet.

But of course we will have more than 180(90), all the games since 2011 had too.

Oh i got that, the thing is he says in F1 2014 the steering moves 90 degrees right/left (which would make 180 full lock), after some evidence he was "willing" to concede that it was more than that and went to a 100 degrees (so 200).

I provided both video and photographic that it in fact is 250 (or 125 in his terms), i don't know what else needs to be said.

On topic, it has been discussed wether F1 2015 would have more steering lock than the previous games, i can't tell yet because in the quick shot we got Button was turning the wheel more or less to the 250(125 in this weird measurement you guys like) the previous game had, so don't know if we would be able to turn it more just yet.

You must be doing it on purporse, your own video shows that it barely goes over 90°... in F1 2015 you can see Button steering wheel upside down, in f1 2011,12,13 and 14 the steering wheel can't go upside down.

Look, in the trailer Buttons wheel was more or less upside down. In previous F1 games that has NEVER happened. Maximum it would turn is 90-100 degrees either side. I know the trailer doesn't tell us for sure that the rotation has changed but you simply cant deny that it isn't different.

http://imgur.com/lwcIa1e

Look, in the trailer Buttons wheel was more or less upside down. In previous F1 games that has NEVER happened. Maximum it would turn is 90-100 degrees either side. I know the trailer doesn't tell us for sure that the rotation has changed but you simply cant deny that it isn't different.

http://imgur.com/lwcIa1e

No it would turn 125, that's already been established, <Mod edit: Insulting or hateful comments are not tolerated>
And yeah from that still image i would say it looks like a bit more than that, how much more remains to be seen.

You must be doing it on purporse, your own video shows that it barely goes over 90°... in F1 2015 you can see Button steering wheel upside down, in f1 2011,12,13 and 14 the steering wheel can't go upside down.
It goes 35 degrees more, which is just 10 degrees short of 50% more lock... That's not barely no matter which way you want to spin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be me (but it's not) but those cars physic look just about the same as they used to. And that was - non simulation type of games, like ACorsa, GSCE or even PCars.
And... are we really could expect our luck changes - sudden turn to simulation from arcade-lovers, Codemasters ? Yup.
I know, you will say the scenes are too short to judge that but to experienced eye - it's about just enough. :-/
And all the eye-candy can't really impress us anymore ....we already got Project Cars, Codemasters.

Last edited:
No it would turn 125, that's already been established, <Mod edit: Insulting or hateful comments are not tolerated>
And yeah from that still image i would say it looks like a bit more than that, how much more remains to be seen.

It goes 35 degrees more, which is just 10 degrees short of 50% more lock... That's not barely no matter which way you want to spin it.

lol guy that goes on a thumbs down rampage... you finally figured out that you don't understand how degrees work ?

F1 2015 gameplay, I also NB : the steering degree in game is much closer to real life now, I am even going to say we will be able to choose how much degree we want in-game, same that is possible with all sims on PC (contrary to previous games).

Last edited:
It may be me (but it's not) but those cars physic look just about the same as they used to. And that was - non simulation type of games, like ACorsa, GSCE or even PCars.
And... are we really could expect our luck changes - sudden turn to simulation from arcade-lovers, Codemasters ? Yup.
I know, you will say the scenes are too short to judge that but to experienced eye - it's about just enough. :-/
And all the eye-candy can't really impress us anymore ....we already got Project Cars, Codemasters.

The gameplay is like 3 months old and looking at the footage it looks like the 2014 cars. We can't really draw any conclusions at least until the game is released. Just hold on to blasting Codemasters until you get a copy and judge for yourself

Well ...ok ...I guess.
But it needs to be said... had a real blast this weekend with F1 2014 driving in various conditions, with best and worst teams, quick race without qualy or longer with.
It's not quite simulation... on Assetto Corsa, GSCE or even pCarslevel, ok, but it's still fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back