F1 2015 F1 2015 - PC Patch 4 Released Today - July 31st

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
New patch 4 today. :)
  • We've addressed many of the causes for various crashes and hangs.
  • Fixed the issue causing a deadzone on your wheel after setting your wheel and pedals up.
  • The grey flashback filter will now clear correctly
  • Reduced motion blur
  • Snag removed from turn 4 at Melbourne
  • Car model for Manor will now display correctly all the time
  • Cars can no longer retire in the pit lane
  • Assist settings will now save correctly
  • Vote to skip added to Online practice
  • No longer disqualified when resetting to track
  • Allow the user to customise their Championship Season weekend.
  • Fixed Fuel Mix levels appearing to produce incorrect vehicle performances.
  • Car can no longer become stuck in second gear when exiting the pit lane.
  • Fixed the Chase camera angle sometimes becoming permanently tilted after changing control bindings on supported controllers.
  • Leaderboards will now be updated without having to go back to the main menu.

All patch details and additional game info can be found in the sticky thread here

Source

* Added note *

(Try the alternate method below 1st) If you now have a huge wheel deadzone after this patch. I suggest that you go to your game settings, change the controller to your keyboard, then re-select your wheel. You will lose previous custom settings, so now you will have to remap any buttons/keys to get your custom settings back.

This could fix your new deadzone issue if you did get one. It fixed it for me (+/- 45 degree deadzone post patch (G27)), where I had no problem pre-patch

** Another alternate fix method is mentioned in @Xero 's post below - click here

Last edited:
patch has made me lose complete weight in my wheel.before hand i only lost weight after pitting now cant get ay what so ever errrr not happy.good to see they actually trying to sort it but omg this got to be the biggest let down so far from codies

Hello all,
Not had chance to fire this up yet, so I'm being lazy asking here (sorry :)).
Has this patch made any improvements to the '"blurry" graphics and / or improved the low FPS issues by any chance?

Cheers

Paul

The patch notes say 'reduced motion blur' ...........

However I don't use motion blur anyway, I disable it in the hardware settings XML file. I use SweetFX to improve visuals. I'm using this one

The short answer is ........ I don't know how the game is effected by this patch tweak. :)

Unfortunately the dead zone fix you suggested does not work, I'm using CSW v2 with f1 wheel and have massive dead zone.....so annoying

Same here. This patch complete broke Fanatec CSW v2 wheel support. There's a huge dead zone now. The wheel doesn't seem to turn properly and the FFB is almost non-existent. Seems many people are reporting the same issue on the Steam and Codemaster forums.

I must admit, I have just done a GP tonight, and when I went out for practice the 90 degree deadzone (45 each side of central) was back (G27).

Had to map the the steering wheel axis as Xero did above to get it back. It was OK for the rest of P, Q. & R

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%