F1 2015 F1 2015 - PC Patch 4 Released Today - July 31st

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
New patch 4 today. :)
  • We've addressed many of the causes for various crashes and hangs.
  • Fixed the issue causing a deadzone on your wheel after setting your wheel and pedals up.
  • The grey flashback filter will now clear correctly
  • Reduced motion blur
  • Snag removed from turn 4 at Melbourne
  • Car model for Manor will now display correctly all the time
  • Cars can no longer retire in the pit lane
  • Assist settings will now save correctly
  • Vote to skip added to Online practice
  • No longer disqualified when resetting to track
  • Allow the user to customise their Championship Season weekend.
  • Fixed Fuel Mix levels appearing to produce incorrect vehicle performances.
  • Car can no longer become stuck in second gear when exiting the pit lane.
  • Fixed the Chase camera angle sometimes becoming permanently tilted after changing control bindings on supported controllers.
  • Leaderboards will now be updated without having to go back to the main menu.

All patch details and additional game info can be found in the sticky thread here

Source

* Added note *

(Try the alternate method below 1st) If you now have a huge wheel deadzone after this patch. I suggest that you go to your game settings, change the controller to your keyboard, then re-select your wheel. You will lose previous custom settings, so now you will have to remap any buttons/keys to get your custom settings back.

This could fix your new deadzone issue if you did get one. It fixed it for me (+/- 45 degree deadzone post patch (G27)), where I had no problem pre-patch

** Another alternate fix method is mentioned in @Xero 's post below - click here

Last edited:
When will the next patch PS4 for?
All they generally say is ..... "as soon as possible and we've not forgotten about you".

I think they tend to do a few quick PC patches to get the feedback. If they are on the right path they'll merge them in to one patch for the consoles.

This is because the patches have to be verified by Microsoft and Sony. This takes time and money, so they like to get the game to an overall better state before committing to the console parches.

Sorry guys my best guess for the next patch release is that it will be this long ;) :-

my-nose-is-this-long.jpg

Looking forward to the next patch, so far this game has been impossible to play for me, with really low FPS (triple screens), blurry picture and now the CSWv2 deadzone.. :(
Hopefully this next patch will resolve these issues... on a positive note once the game is actually playable then its another game to add to the list of 'evening entertainment'.. :thumbsup:

Come on Codies... lets get this thing working so we can actually see if its any good or not!

Looking forward to the next patch, so far this game has been impossible to play for me, with really low FPS (triple screens), blurry picture and now the CSWv2 deadzone.. :(
Hopefully this next patch will resolve these issues... on a positive note once the game is actually playable then its another game to add to the list of 'evening entertainment'.. :thumbsup:

Come on Codies... lets get this thing working so we can actually see if its any good or not!
My guess is, that CM will have this game fixed to a level as good as we are going to get by some time in October (Their usual release window). By that time, we the customer should be done beta testing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%