F1 2015 F1 2015 graphic settings help

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys

My pc is a Intel i5-2320 CPU @3.00GHz internal memory 8gb. Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

in F1 2014 I put everything on ultra and it worked fine, everything ran smoothly.

Now in F1 2015 I'm a bit confused by some new settings and I don't now how I should set them with my pc.
It's the settings anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering? What are they for and how should I set them?

Does anyone has some good advice for me

thanks!

Sorry if this has been mentioned but in the graphics XML if you change lod0 1 2 and 3 to all be lod0 it seems to stop the horrible detail distance popping - on replays particularly. This will hit some low end machines so be aware it might drop your fps.

Yeah, I don't notice any distance popping. My issue is more frustrating though. Using nvidia 353.38 on GTX970, game at High settings starts consistently around 75FPS, but after some laps in Championship or even Quick Race, dips down to 20+-30FPS. Have to restart the game to regain it back. Even bringing it down to Low settings doesn't help, so it seems like it's overloading somewhere, despite my GPU staying at max 58 degrees. Still can't figure out why.

the measurement is on the fly, the program will show the current FPS all the time
you can usually count 2-4 FPS to the fraps result due fraps using graphics performance, too

you can also change all graphic settings during a live race, no need for back to menu or so

good, smooth depends on your eyes - some people have issues below 60FPS, some don't notice the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS

with a common 60Hz screen you should not drop below 30 FPS, being in the middle (40-50) can result in tearing (so one part of the picture seems to be delayed), that is where Vsync should do its job, unfortunately it seems there is no half-vsync available (30 FPS lock, one could reduce the ingame's frequency but one would not want to do so for eyes' sake), so Vsync seems only to work as a 60 FPS lock (but I have no tearing even with 40s FPS, so turning it on, I'd say is recommended)
Hi

FINALLY, I bought a GTX 660. The performance improvement is huge. With 1920*1080 and all set to ultra I get around 50 fps, sometimes even 60. But it looks a little tearing (so one part of the picture seems to be delayed), as described by you above. I also have that with settings low. How can I resolve that? As Vsync doesn't work.

Thanks for your help

Maybe go into your Nvidia property 3D settings and turn off Ambient Occlusion, FXAA and gama correction - turn down texture quality and turn off triple buffering. These should help with performance.

In same properties window, turn on adaptive Vsync or just full on Vsync. That should help with the tearing.

I run everything on max, but you should be able to tame that card enough to get it running fairly smooth with decent visuals.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Maybe go into your Nvidia property 3D settings and turn off Ambient Occlusion, FXAA and gama correction - turn down texture quality and turn off triple buffering. These should help with performance.

In same properties window, turn on adaptive Vsync or just full on Vsync. That should help with the tearing.

I run everything on max, but you should be able to tame that card enough to get it running fairly smooth with decent visuals.

Good luck!

DrDetroit
thx man!

one question...my game runs perfectly always 100%..suddenly my game starts to go in slow motion and i don't why..:O_o: ..then come back to normality...
A lot of people are seeing this and Codemasters has yet to acknowledge the problem exists despite it showing up frequently on their own website. Some people think it might be related to sound. It doesn't matter which video card you are running--nvidia or amd--they both do it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back