- Oct 8, 2010
PC Patch 1 (7.4mb) - 10th July 2015
- The fixes that are currently in the new patch are as listed below.
- Flashback and the Instant Replay Flashback causes game to crash to desktop
- Instant Replay - The game is crashing when entering an instant replay in all game modes
- Backing out from a lobby in which you were a Client and Hosting a new Lobby will result in you not having Host Options for your new Lobby
- Fuel info resets every time you cross the start/finish line
- Out of box settings appear to be too high on onboard Intel GPUs
- Graphics options do not save in certain situations
- When a player collides before or after resetting to track, they get disqualified.
- Clipping on the nose camera on the Manor car
- Game crashes after running benchmark
- Tyre wear carries over from short qualifying to race between intermediate & option tyres
- Hang occurs when host backs out of Custom Lobby just before countdown finishes and loading begins.
- Multiplayer qualifying result inconsistent across players
- Backing out of a Lobby on 0 seconds of the countdown timer can result in a Hang if the player then creates and leaves a Custom Session.
- Host will perpetually load after quitting game via front end after getting terminal damage in multiple races in custom lobby.
- Fixed crash caused when switching between game running in a window to running in full screen
- Fixed crash when reducing the resolution of the game
- Fix for game timer running too fast during frame spikes
- Fix for camera speeding up at start of broadcast sequences
- Fix for tyre regulations not correctly working in short Championship weekends
PC Patch 3 (8.0mb) - 20th July 2015
- Fix for an issue where players can display as 'Spectators' in an online lobby after joining via invite, and remain as spectators when loading into an online session
- Fixed an issue where all clients in a 16 player session were kicked from the session simultaneously after idling in the lobby.
- Fix for an issue where players will desync as vehicles are overtaken in the pit lane on certain tracks.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the f1.exe to crash when exiting the game
- Fixed an issue where the game crashes to desktop when changing resolution on track
- Fixed an issue where resizing window during active gameplay causes game to crash
- Fixed an issue where spectate does not accurately replicate the state of the session if a player joins the session before spectating.
- Fixed an issue with error code 41 - Game attempts to complete installation again after quitting out
- We've addressed many of the causes for various crashes and hangs.
- Fixed the issue causing a deadzone on your wheel after setting your wheel and pedals up.
- The grey flashback filter will now clear correctly
- Reduced motion blur
- Snag removed from turn 4 at Melbourne
- Car model for Manor will now display correctly all the time
- Cars can no longer retire in the pit lane
- Assist settings will now save correctly
- Vote to skip added to Online practice
- No longer disqualified when resetting to track
- Allow the user to customise their Championship Season weekend.
- Fixed Fuel Mix levels appearing to produce incorrect vehicle performances.
- Car can no longer become stuck in second gear when exiting the pit lane.
- Fixed the Chase camera angle sometimes becoming permanently tilted after changing control bindings on supported controllers.
- Leaderboards will now be updated without having to go back to the main menu.
PC Patch 5 (6.7mb) - 10th August 2015
We just set live a small patch for F1 2015. We are aware of other the other issues and working on them but we wanted to take the opportunity to get this out ASAP as it was affecting a lot of players.
- Fixed deadzone being incorrectly applied to steering wheels
- Fixed steering wheel settings not saving correctly
PC Patch 6 (394.4mb) - 20th August 2015
- Fixed AI always pitting on the same lap as their team mate
- Fixed some instances of cars getting stuck in the pit lane
- Fixed infrequent crash in the pit lane
- Fixed car resetting to track when using flashback in the pit lane
- Fixed instances of the pitting strategy not always updating correctly
- Fixed fuel changes not saving correctly when changed under parc fermé conditions
- Fixed various errors with the damage, fuel and temperature swipe
- Fixed game stutter when the player takes control of an AI-driven car
- Fixed AI cars having punctured tyres in P2 and P3 sessions in Pro Season mode
- Fixed identical weather being used for all practice sessions in Pro Season mode
- Fixed game resuming instantly when backing out of replay
- Fixed flickering on track reflections in wet weather on high graphics settings
- Fixed objects popping when playing with multi-monitor and wide screen setups
- Added ability to adjust camera and field of view settings
- Fixed McLaren 2015 car’s gear paddles glowing orange under braking
- Added ability to delete car setups
- Added a new “invite only” custom match option
- Added push to talk functionality for voice comms
- Improved session joining speed through the multiplayer hoppers.
- Reconfigured hoppers to give one hopper per difficulty setting
- Updated feature race to Belgian Grand Prix
- Fixed players with invalidated lap times being shown as in 1st place during one shot qualifying sessions
- Fixed grid order being incorrect after one-shot qualifying session if players had invalidated their lap times
- Fixed several instances of players failing to start a session after other players have left the game
- Fixed race start timer increasing whenever a player joins a hopper lobby
- Fixed players acquiring another player’s points when joining a session mid-season
- Fixed saved lobby settings not loading in correctly
- Fixed players not joining hopper lobbies correctly from some game modes
- Fixed car body not loading in correctly in some multiplayer race
- Fixed multiple incorrect fastest lap notifications being displayed during online practice sessions
- Fixed vote to skip track being used multiple times in lobbies
- Added notifications for players retiring during a multiplayer session
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
PC Patch 7 (6.8mb) - 21th August 2015
We just set live a small patch for F1 2015 to resolve an issue that cropped up in yesterdays patch.
- Fixed assists being available in the Hardcore – No assists hopper.
- Extended the default bounds of the Field of View user adjustment.
- Fixed the AI not using DRS and running lean fuel mix for the first two sectors in One-Shot Qualifying sessions.
- Fixed an issue which caused the AI to run in to the back of other cars.
- Fixed an issue which caused the AI to pit too frequently in some circumstances.
- Advanced Wheel Settings are now unlocked for all controllers.
- Removed the restriction from the Beginner Introduction hopper.
- Fixed the countdown timer in hoppers so it always starts at 60 seconds in between sessions.
- Removed cars that are not present in Qualifying 2 and 3 from the mini-map.
- Fixed a number of issues with multi monitor support.
- Voice Commands have been added for supported languages.
- Updated feature race to the Italian Grand Prix.
- Fixed an issue which caused the AI to pit because of cosmetic front wing damage or for damage to a wheel hub neither of which actually affected performance.
- Fixed an issue which would cause the AI to pit again straight away if they used a set of tyres that they had already used during a race.
- Fixed some computational errors in the race strategy system.
- Fixed an issue with deadzones being incorrectly applied to custom pedal setups.
Added Info patch 9 :
Voice commands are now live for the supported languages.
This should be an automatic install next time you boot F1 2015, however if you are having issues please try the following:
Right click on F1 2015 in Steam, select Properties, Local Files tab, Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
PC Patch 10 (12.5mb) - 16th September 2015
- Update the Feature Race to Singapore
- Fixed the AI not being shown blue flags in some instances
- Fixed car setups not being loaded at the start of a race
- Fixed steering wheels remaining at an incorrect angle when entering the pit lane
- Fixed an incorrect deadzone being applied after defining the throttle and / or brake pedals in custom preset
- Added a session list screen which is available via the Multiplayer menu. This screen will allow players to search for all public sessions and join the one they want to. Custom and Hopper sessions will be visible on this list.
- Multiplayer fixes and improvements:
- Added additional information to lobbies so players can see how much progress has been made in the current session.
- Parc ferme rules are no longer incorrectly applied so players will not get their fuel locked to 100kg in qualifying or not be able to change their tyres at the start of a race if they qualified outside the top ten.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a players car to always be ghosted during timed qualifying sessions.
- Fixed framerate and lag spikes causing incorrect collisions.
- Fixed a bug that meant connections with limited upload bandwidth would appear laggy while on track and eventually disconnect.
- Disallowing Brake Assist will no longer also block ABS.
- Cars will no longer ghost when driving too slowly on track.
- Fixed a bug which made the screen pulse black when spectating specific cars in specific circumstances.
- Minor hopper improvements and changes
- Removed the AI from all hoppers.
- Removed the assist restrictions from the Hardcore hopper.
- Made the countdown timer longer and prevented it from starting for a short time if there are not many players in the session to try to allow more people to join.
- Changed the grid order to random from realistic. So now the players Mercedes cars will not always start on the front row.
- Updated the Feature Race to Brazil.
- Removed the incorrect second DRS detection zone from the Mexico mini map. This was not present in the actual track data.
- Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix.
- The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
- Improvements to AI behaviour in Qualifying:
- AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time.
- AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.
- AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
- Fixed the flashing rear tyre issue present on some PC setups.
- Made the D-Pad menu more responsive to use.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display. This was mostly reported online but can be seen offline too.
- Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
- Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic lap times in practice and qualifying.
- Adjusted the relative performance of the teams and drivers based on the season’s results so far.
- Updated the tyres for Russia to Super Soft and Soft.
- New CPU-driven particle effects to improve visual quality on systems with high-end CPUs. Select “high” or “ultra” particle effects from the options menu.
- Increased audio voice counts for systems with high-end CPUs. Select the “high” audio quality setting from the option menu.
- Improved CPU performance for users with 6 and 8+ cores.
- Improved CPU performance for Intel CPUs with Hyper-Threading Technology.
- Optimised performance for Intel integrated graphics chips.
PC Patch 12 (61.2mb) - 3rd February 2016
- Added a Strict corner cutting rules option and made the strict rules even stricter than they were previously following community feedback.
- Added support for the Thrustmaster T-150.
- Added support for the SimXperience AccuForce steering wheel.
- Fixed RPM and flag information sent to UDP outgauge devices.
- Fixed an issue where host migration wouldn't work a session lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the host would be unable to see a client’s car after they selected the “return to garage” option.
- Fixed an issue where a session would fail to start if multiple players joined simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where a player could be prevented from leaving their garage after another player selected the “return to garage” option.
- Fixed an issue where players could not change their tyres on the grid after completing an earlier OSQ session on the same track.
- Updated the car model / livery for Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Force India, McLaren, Lotus and Manor.
How to check if you have the current patch
Browse to your install folder :-
YourSteamInstallDrive\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2015
Right click on F1_2015.exe and select Properties then the 'Details' tab. The Patch 11 file version should read :-
File version 126.96.36.19946