F1 2015 F1 2015 - Features gameplay trailer released

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Codemasters revealed a new gameplay trailer today focusing on the new features of the upcoming official F1 2015 game.

The central game mode this year is the all-new Championship Season, which according to the developers promises to deliver the most immersive F1 experience yet, thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a Grand Prix.

More details can be found the press release:

Brand new session intro sequences reflect the spectacle of the sport, along with the build up and excitement of each race, as well as the championship season narrative as it unfolds for the player.

“Our new Championship Season and Pro Season modes deliver a much more engaging and fluid FORMULA ONE™ championship experience than ever before”, commented Lee Mather, Principal Games Designer, Codemasters.

“The race weekend is more than just the in-car and on track experience. Observing your driver working with his team during practice and qualifying and listening to the new commentary that sets the scene for the race and season standings is now present for the gamer. Then seeing the busy grid before a race, with all the flavour and character of it, into the race itself, the new television style cameras and replays, and finally the iconic podium celebrations all add to that race experience. The immersion is further enhanced with the voice recognition technology available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, allowing players to engage with their race engineer through in-game voice commands with Kinect for Xbox One and the PlayStation®Camera or compatible headsets and microphones for PlayStation 4.”

“For those gamers who want the ultimate challenge, then the new Pro Season mode, which ramps up all the settings to the most realistic possible, is really for them”, added Mather. “Full 100% race distances, full practice and qualifying sessions, the most competitive A.I. settings, no flashbacks with which to correct mistakes, all locked into cockpit view with minimal HUD assistance…Pro Season will truly separate the weekend drivers from the experts!”

With the 2015 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX this coming weekend at the iconic Silverstone circuit, this year’s FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP is already proving to be one of the most exciting seasons in many years, with further anticipation around the return of Mexico for the first time in two decades. In addition to a fully playable 2015 season, gamers will be able to play the full 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP season as bonus content. Additional content updates will deliver the full season liveries, enhanced performance data and the Manor Marussia F1 team, who did not attend the pre-season tests.

So is there any damage to the tires ? flatspots and so on ?
Still hybrid cars and not full on 2015 cars...
Ferrari gets the new front cams but not Mercedes...
Lotus, Redbull, Williams and Ferrari doesn't have the correct steering wheel... All four have got the 2014 steering wheel and not the 2015...
From gameplay video I have seen, some of the parts on the cars don't cast shadows...
The details of the cars are poor, the polycount on the cars is a joke @0:54 same as previous low count poly cars... (the general look of the game did improve I must say, specially lightening), same generic cockpit, pushrods and pullrods go thru the brake ducts (didn't know materials could go thru one and each other)

Last edited:
I think I did 3 career races in F1 2014, then other stuff took my priority and interest.

We do need a good Formula One game, I really hope it's different enough this time to put life into this series.

This video is really annoying but it was made especially for you ;) .......

Graham, I swear to god, I cried and almost laughed out loud here at work. This video made my week.

The idea of including the 2014 season is great,
So is there any damage to the tires ? flatspots and so on ?
Still hybrid cars and not full on 2015 cars...
Ferrari gets the new front cams but not Mercedes...
Lotus, Redbull and Ferrari doesn't have the correct steering wheel... All three have got the 2014 steering wheel and not the 2015...
From gameplay video I have seen, some of the parts on the cars don't cast shadows...
The details of the cars are poor, the polycount on the cars is a joke @0:54 same as previous low count poly cars... (the general look of the game did improve I must say, specially lightening), same generic cockpit, pushrods and pullrods go thru the brake ducts (didn't know materials could go thru one and each other)

They modeled all the cars off what was at the pre season tests. That is why we don't have the manor car and other things.

The idea of including the 2014 season is great,

They modeled all the cars off what was at the pre season tests. That is why we don't have the manor car and other things.

Well I knew someone was going to say this... but you're wrong. They did the new Ferrari front cam although they had a different one in pre season ! but they don't do the same for Mercedes... The steering wheel are not the 2014 for the 2015 cars during winter test !!!!!!!!!!

Well I knew someone was going to say this... but you're wrong. They did the new Ferrari front cam although they had a different one in pre season ! but they don't do the same for Mercedes... The steering wheel are not the 2014 for the 2015 cars during winter test !!!!!!!!!!
They are releasing a patch after the game is released anyway, might fix those details.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.9%