F1 2015 F1 2015 Advanced Wheels Settings

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
this is crazy, I have a thrustmaster 2in 1 pc/ps2 ferrari racing wheel. WHich was perfect for F1 2011/2012/2013 and 2014.

And now I cannot keep my car in a straight line in monza, it's sliding all over the place even in the straights.

This is just crazy, if this isn't solved I want my money back cause the game is worthless for me then

Reactions: Dux
Funny enough Daniel, my post is based on your earlier post, where you received that reply from Codemasters tech support, stating the above.

Not on the list = No advanced settings

In previous games, if I remember correctly (not sure because I've only had a supported wheel), if your controller was not supported, you could still try to customise it, or choose a similar wheel profile and tweak that.

Last year the only patch released for F1 2014, was a patch introducing support for 3 new wheels.

It looks like the only hope is that Patch 2 this year (we received Patch 1 today), apart from fixing game problems, also addresses the issue of the number of controllers/wheels supported

hi Graham, what I don't understand is that the handling is totally out of control. Can't imagine this has anything to do with steering deadzones. I put my deadzones for F1 2014 all on 0% and handling was still doable. But the only way I could get this dramatic handling in 2014 was to put the setting "override input device" to steering wheel. No idea what this setting did, but that gave the same problems to my wheel. Problem with my wheel is that I can't configure anything in windows, only calibration.

The 'override input device' had to be set to 'Steering Wheel' (when using a wheel), to remove the damping that was being applied to suit gamepads.

With gamepads, they have small controls with a small range of movement, they maybe analogue, but the small range of movement makes them very sensitive. It so easy to oversteer with your thumb on a little joystick, and you could end up zig-zagging along a straight piece of track.

So to help with steering a form of damping was introduced, (a far as I am aware), to make steering with a little joystick easier, damping out the little control inputs, smoothing everything out.

If you apply that same damping to a steering wheel, it feels unresponsive, hard to turn into corners, like it was understeering. This is what the 'override input device' > 'Steering Wheel' setting was about, it was switching off that damping used for gamepads. So raw wheel movement data was being sent to the game.

I don't know whether you read the first post in my sticky about wheel settings, but as far as I know the info is accurate. So even though you might lose that 1:1 visual setting with the in-game steering wheel, you might be able to tweak your control problem out of the wheel with the saturation and/or linearity settings.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2015-steering-wheel-controller-settings-list.105081/

Sorry ignore that last paragraph, it slipped my mind that you don't have a supported wheel, so you don't have access to the saturation and linearity settings ...... doh!

I really don't know what you can do, apart from hoping that your wheel will be supported in a future patch

Cheers :)

Graham, first of all thanks for your time and detailed post.

Maybe this explains the strange behaviour of my car. FOrgetting about F1 2015 for a while, let's look back at my F1 2014 problem. As said before I had to switch off the override input device setting. Because when I put it on steering wheel the steering was like crazy, turning the wheel a little bit resulted in huge turning in the game. So impossible to drive. When I read your explanaition above, then my conclusion is that the game thinks I have a wheel and windows thinks it's a gamepad, or the other way around.

Now back to F1 2015, they don't have the override setting so there isn't anything I can do at the moment.. Game is unplayable for me now.

So I have 2 options.
1 hoping someone has a solution so my steering wheel reacts "normal" as in F1 2014 (and all other racing games). Is there anything in windows what I can edit in order to get my wheel to function? I already use thrustmaster drivers and calibration tool.

2 buy one of the supported wheels, but I am not willing to bou a steering wheel for 300 euro's!
Are there any supported wheels that are basic like my thrustmaster enzo 2 in 1. I don't even really need FFB, so without is fine too.

thanks for your help!

Graham, i have an XBox 360 controller for Windows, and even with that i can"t access advanced wheel settings, even though it's on the supported controllers list..:(
I can't drive on the straights the car just goes left and right, i need to adjust the deadzone but i can't and it's almost unplayable:/

So I actually wrote Codemasters about the problem, and that was their reply:
"Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2015.

Unfortunately the advanced wheel settings menu is only available when using one of the supported wheels."

It's only WHEELS. WOW... That's not bullsh*t at all...:mad: So i might aswell f* myself because i'm using a gamepad, well thank you very much. :O_o:

Just been reading through this thread as I am looking for a solution to a little problem with my Thrustmaster Spider wheel which I find is a little too twitchy around centre for my liking and makes accurate steering quite tricky. Having read the info on the steering wheel controller settings thread I was interested to note the following:-

Raising linearity in F1 2015, will make it turn slower near the centre, could be helpful to those wheels that have very small amount of degrees of rotation, so it can make the steering less twitchy by raising the steering linearity

I played a round a little with this setting in the game this last night and it seemed to be working opposite to what is described above for me. If I moved away from about 1 or 2 the wheel became increasingly twitchy so I abandoned it and went back to 1 :O_o:.

I'll try again later and maybe bigger increments will have the desired effect but I am not hopeful tbh.

The game does have a preconfigured setting for this wheel but the button assigments under that are not good for me (I race cockpit only so don't want a button wasted on switching views or look back) so I have to create a custom configuration.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing