F1 2014 F1 2014: Sochi Hot Lap video

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Check out Codie's latest video, previewing the upcoming Sochi track in Russia, which is getting set for it's debut race in just over a month.

"This year’s 2014 FORMULA 1 RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX will be the first time that Russia has hosted a FORMULA ONE™ race. The fast and flowing 19 turn track features a demanding final sector and includes 1.7km of public roads and the GRAND PRIX™ is set to be run in front of 55,000 fans. The new hot lap video is FORMULA 1 gamers’ first chance to see the full circuit in the game.

The Sochi Autodrom is one of four tracks which offer new gameplay experiences in F1 2014, including Austria’s Spielberg circuit which features on the FORMULA ONE calendar for the first time in a decade, the return of the Hockenheimring to the calendar which last held a race in 2012 and the BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX which was run as a night race for the first time in 2014."

F1 2014 is due for release on October 17th (21st in North America) for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows.

Join the discussion in our F1 2014 forums, and get racing in our F1 2013 clubs & leagues while you wait for October 17th! While you're at it, why not check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our F1 2014 gallery?

russia-wants-motogp-for-the-sochi-track_2.jpeg

Lots of high speed radiai corners and wide run off areas, a small infield - not the greatest circuit of Herman Tilke in my opinion.

russia-wants-motogp-for-the-sochi-track_2.jpeg

Lots of high speed radiai corners and wide run off areas, a small infield - not the greatest circuit of Herman Tilke in my opinion.
Is it me or this track has a the most unbalanced number of right vs left corners ever?
If T3 is easy flat we have precisely 3 corners to the left (4 if it's not obviously), and 2 of them are chicanes, leaving one "pure" left corner.

Also other than turn 3 every corner of this track is around 90 degrees give or take... It's like someone drew that on a napkin after lunch...

Well... at least it's not a hairpin fest...

Yes, a mix between Yas Marina and Valencia, so a boring circuit !
The run off areas are too wide, it's ridiculous, the corners are about all the same (90°'s for the most), there isn't elevation change, useless track...

Forza IndyCar Series and its beautiful natural, difficult and challenging circuits !

4 left handers and 12 right handers nearly sounds like an oval:roflmao:
Looks like a track with exactly no flow at all :(
T3 and T4 looks like the most annoying corner in the world from a drivers point of view. Maybe it is better than it looks, but if you give me that amount of $$$ I would draw you something more exciting with jumps and loops :D

Guys, this game will not have official steering wheels... every steering wheel with a screen will share the same generic steering wheel. Just look at the video, the steering wheel is not the official one and go check the announcement video, you'll see that the sauber and the mercedes are sharing the same steering wheel seen in this video.

Guys, this game will not have official steering wheels... every steering wheel with a screen will share the same generic steering wheel. Just look at the video, the steering wheel is not the official one and go check the announcement video, you'll see that the sauber and the mercedes are sharing the same steering wheel seen in this video.

Pretty sure they're WIP. Remember the pre-release vids last year when you saw the drivers wearing Converse in all of them? :roflmao:

Pretty sure they're WIP. Remember the pre-release vids last year when you saw the drivers wearing Converse in all of them? :roflmao:

My english is a little limited, this is an official answer, what does it mean please ? :

Are the steering wheels seen in the trailer final?
They are in the latest build and there is no plan to change them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%