F1 2014 F1 2014 Retail Does It Require Steam?

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
not sure i worded that right!!!

ok here's what i want to know.
when i bought grid autossport, i installed it, and i found i needed some big arse files from steam, what i want to know is, do i have to go through the same bullshit. that i did for grid, i dont like steam and i dont like having to deal with it, so can anyone verify that i will need steam to install this game??

thanks

Hold on, I was referring to the Steam version (digital download) for PC.

If you are talking about the PC DVD version, then I seriously doubt that there is a need to download anything. Unlike F1 2013, there is no Classic content which made the game so large.

2.9 GB will easily fit on a DVD, and it will de-compress to 5.1 GB.

It still has to be installed into, and used via Steam, but there should be no downloading involved.

I have bought all this series of games on DVD (apart from this one), and only F1 2013 involved a large download. Half from the disc, the rest downloaded.

I may have misunderstood your initial question, and answered it too quickly :)

ugh, it's the download size that bugs me, ie i have a copy of bioshock infinite sitting here i cant play because it's gonna cost me a ton of money to download the other half, it's a crock of crap

Of course my personal opinion, but unless you are living in a third world country I'd not accept an ISP contract that doens't provide me proper internet. @Chris Stacey told me that even in a 1st world country like Australia bandwidth is capped. How come nobody is protesting in the streets against such mafia practices :) ?

On the other hand, if you do purchase a DVD in a retail store, the basic files should at least be on the disc and not just a steam client installer. Unsure if thats the case with F1 2014 though.

Hold on, I was referring to the Steam version (digital download) for PC.

If you are talking about the PC DVD version, then I seriously doubt that there is a need to download anything. Unlike F1 2013, there is no Classic content which made the game so large.

2.9 GB will easily fit on a DVD, and it will de-compress to 5.1 GB.

It still has to be installed into, and used via Steam, but there should be no downloading involved.

I have bought all this series of games on DVD (apart from this one), and only F1 2013 involved a large download. Half from the disc, the rest downloaded.

I may have misunderstood your initial question, and answered it too quickly :)
no your spot on the money, these game devs really bug the hell out of me, i refuse to buy anymore games for pc, if they are gonna force me to download the other half of the game, i want what i paid for, i dont have the money to shell out to download the other half of a game, it's not right and i wont support game companies that pull this crap.

well thanks to you guys(you inspired me lol) all going well i will be fully net connected. you made me realise how much i needed a proper connection. so all going well 2 weeks from now i 'should' have a decent connection...who knows i might even see you out onn the track someday lol

i wont be buying pc games any longer. im moving to xboxone by years end. im not much of a modder.. so seems a logical choice...yes our isps are pretty bad here in oz...

The consoles will be doing it as well once they can't fit everything on the disc. For the re-release of Halo or whatever it is, the disc is full so you need to download 20GB (!!!) to play, I believe.

yikes, thats one game i'm getting the day i buy my console, i loved playing halo on 360, def gonna need that connection, thanks for the headsup lol....nothing is more fun alone than blasting aliens lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 90 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 99 14.0%