Resource icon

Misc F1 2014 - Realistic Damage Mod 2014.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, i was wodnering if you mod works with the F1 2014 that comes with F1 2015 from Steam. I don't have a main F1 2014 folder. So i was wondering where i need to put this file to make it work on F1 2014.
Thanks
Regards
Lewis

Hi, i was wodnering if you mod works with the F1 2014 that comes with F1 2015 from Steam. I don't have a main F1 2014 folder. So i was wondering where i need to put this file to make it work on F1 2014.
Thanks
Regards
Lewis

No, because all the F1 2015 files (including the F1 2014 content) is now wrapped up in their new encrypted .erp files

Well if you can decode and recode the erp files, then the mod should work I guess. As I doubt that they've change the actual guts of how the game works, just repackaged them

Well if you can decode and recode the erp files, then the mod should work I guess. As I doubt that they've change the actual guts of how the game works, just repackaged them
upload_2015-12-23_16-26-41.png
Well i dont understand any of that sorry. These are the folders i have.
Thanks

What I am saying is that from F1 2010 to F1 2014, the games had a common folder layout, and the files within those folders that make up the game were .pssg files, .xml files, and other file types.

In F1 2015 they may use the same files (I don't know), but they are now all packaged up and stored in these new .erp files. Think of a .erp file as a kind of locked .zip file.

So unless you know how to open, edit, then repack the .erp files, you can't install a mod.

What I am saying is that from F1 2010 to F1 2014, the games had a common folder layout, and the files within those folders that make up the game were .pssg files, .xml files, and other file types.

In F1 2015 they may use the same files (I don't know), but they are now all packaged up and stored in these new .erp files. Think of a .erp file as a kind of locked .zip file.

So unless you know how to open, edit, then repack the .erp files, you can't install a mod.
Ah right i get you know. So a program is required like winrar for.zip folders?

Yup a program is required, which is not in general use, people have to examine the file and write a script to decode/recode it. Codemasters appear to want to lock their content this year.

@Andrew has pointed you to the F1 2014 modding tutorial, you can see the old folder layout (F1 2014) in some of the pictures.

Hey Cromiell, this is a nice mod, but I can't make it work, why? I've tried it once and it worked, then my father uninstalled the game so I had to reinstall, I did the same thing for 6-7 times, replacing the loose_parts_settings.xml with my desired one, but it didn't work, any help? Thank you in advance. Disregard, problem's solved :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing