F1 2014 F1 2014 Official revealing

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
So guys, tomorrow first info!
oey6r7h8.jpg

So, nothing about the flickering rain, and the return (or NOT) of FP1 and FP2 in a game titled F1 something...

Nothing about all the other bugs they never cared to fix (including those for online). Nothing about improvements to the accuracy of a lot of FORMULA ONE tracks. Nothing about the invisible car antennas in cockpit-cam view. All in all, it's exactly like the same phony promises we heard over and over for the past FIVE years, which cost me close to 200 dough so far, and I'm still not satisfied.

Last edited:
Hatta: We'd have liked to release F1 on next-gen this year, however we aren't going to simply port the game over. We're starting again, and building an entirely new game - all of that takes time.

Depends on how late they realized that don't finish it on this year.
They may have had little time to prepare F1 2014
BTW
Hatta: we haven't announced an 'F1 2015' next-gen F1 doesn't have a name just yet.
wink.png

Why not just F1 2015?

Sry I couldn't use my pc for 2 days. Lol . Dat picture made my day. That's exactly the same thing I will do to CM's factory lol. All I need to do is bring myself a camera and buy a ticket and off I go ! :devilish:
After reading the whole (we will stick to mirroring from CM ) , I've lost all my hope for that game. I will buy Assetto Corsa and start modding there. Maybe I will join some modding team (like Chargingcar's team who's currently making the f1 2014 season ). Their work looks stunning. And there are only a few people who's working on that mod and still the mod looks 100 times better than what CM would ever be able to accomplish with 1000 or more workers.

Sry I couldn't use my pc for 2 days. Lol . Dat picture made my day. That's exactly the same thing I will do to CM's factory lol. All I need to do is bring myself a camera and buy a ticket and off I go ! :devilish:
After reading the whole (we will stick to mirroring from CM ) , I've lost all my hope for that game. I will buy Assetto Corsa and start modding there. Maybe I will join some modding team (like Chargingcar's team who's currently making the f1 2014 season ). Their work looks stunning. And there are only a few people who's working on that mod and still the mod looks 100 times better than what CM would ever be able to accomplish with 1000 or more workers.
You should winix, their work is pretty impressive indeed. I left an idea that the team could do when the time comes, which you can read here:
http://***********/oonujtl

Why are you complaining about alcohol logos? It's been prohibited since the first game of them all. Racing games are for everyone, from children to elders. If they inserted alcohol sponsoring some big guys would have sued Codemasters a ton of money, and they would be bankrupt.

Remember, F1 games aren't moddable anymore so you kind of have to only play the game either you enjoy it or not. Buy the game if you want, or just wait a few years until you get the satisfaction.

I agree on CM's decision to continue the mirroring. They want to make the game beautiful with good textures and without all that pixelated stuff they had in F1 2010/11/12, and that the file size is equal as the other games.

If you don't like the game so far, then wait. If you don't like it at all then go back to the old games or the new simulators.

Last edited:
Unfortunately F1 the game is copying the real thing which is preety boring these days. This year I've been able to watch the Le Mans race, some GP3-GP2 races and part of the Blancpain Endurance at Spa. I found it much more interesting from all points of view considering I'm watching F1 since I was a little kid. I'm not bored of it, I actually cannot wait for the races but I kind of hate the politics, team orders and the sheet that are going on there. I understand CM are have limited access to the F1 world but they could at least try and improve what they already have. I was and am still very interested in the release of 2014 but I won't buy it untill it will be very cheap. I'm saving my money for the "next gen" game, whatever that will be like. Besides improved graphics I don't see how it can be much better than the older games.

Why are you complaining about alcohol logos? It's been prohibited since the first game of them all. Racing games are for everyone, from children to elders. If they inserted alcohol sponsoring some big guys would have sued Codemasters a ton of money, and they would be bankrupt.

Remember, F1 games aren't moddable anymore so you kind of have to only play the game either you enjoy it or not. Buy the game if you want, or just wait a few years until you get the satisfaction.

I agree on CM's decision to continue the mirroring. They want to make the game beautiful with good textures and without all that pixelated stuff they had in F1 2010/11/12, and that the file size is equal as the other games.

If you don't like the game so far, then wait. If you don't like it at all then to the old games or the new simulators.
About the mirroring part I highly disagree. I know that console gamers are imporant too, especially for Codemasters because the main part of the money comes from them however I don't want mirroring cause of 8-10 years old kids are complaining that the textures doesn't look good. And it doesn't look that pixelated at all. To me it didn't seem that bad. Of course on PC it can be solved by doing HD texture mods. That's why I loved f1 2012 and the previous ones.

The other sim games are moddable, you're right about that. But they can't make features like : Career, Season Challange, Young Driver test, etc. I could go on. The main thing I want to tell with this that even the best season mods doesn't contain all the necessary features that CM games have, even if the cars, tracks, physics are 100 times better than CM's ones.

But I didn't come here to argue with you. Everyone have their own taste including me. I will just buy Assetto Corsa and turn my attention toward it.

About the mirroring part I highly disagree. I know that console gamers are imporant too, especially for Codemasters because the main part of the money comes from them however I don't want mirroring cause of 8-10 years old kids are complaining that the textures doesn't look good. And it doesn't look that pixelated at all. To me it didn't seem that bad. Of course on PC it can be solved by doing HD texture mods. That's why I loved f1 2012 and the previous ones.

The other sim games are moddable, you're right about that. But they can't make features like : Career, Season Challange, Young Driver test, etc. I could go on. The main thing I want to tell with this that even the best season mods doesn't contain all the necessary features that CM games have, even if the cars, tracks, physics are 100 times better than CM's ones.

But I didn't come here to argue with you. Everyone have their own taste including me. I will just buy Assetto Corsa and turn my attention toward it.
Modding the games before F1 2013 were quite difficult to me. You had every part of the car separate and you had to use a wireframe and mask layer to know what that part was.
F1 games are ported from the consoles to the PC, that's the reason why it's mirrored. Thankfully they'll leave that stupidity for F1 2015 as the PS4/XBOX ONE can handle high quality textures with no problem, and it's almost as equal as a good modern PC. Codemasters aren't the only ones doing this mirror thing in textures, the CTPD used it too for their rFactor mods.

I'm looking forward 2015, I won't do anything with 2014 but surely I'd buy it in a low price.

Modding the games before F1 2013 were quite difficult to me. You had every part of the car separate and you had to use a wireframe and mask layer to know what that part was.
F1 games are ported from the consoles to the PC, that's the reason why it's mirrored. Thankfully they'll leave that stupidity for F1 2015 as the PS4/XBOX ONE can handle high quality textures with no problem, and it's almost as equal as a good modern PC. Codemasters aren't the only ones doing this mirror thing in textures, the CTPD used it too for their rFactor mods.

I'm looking forward 2015, I won't do anything with 2014 but surely I'd buy it in a low price.
That was the reason why I loved f1 2012. It was difficult and exciting at the same time. For you to find every part of the car and customize it depending on your taste. But this feeling just disappeared with the mirroring system. Dunno what you would be able to accomplish with f1 2012. But my skill is great enough to do great skins for f1 2012 and for previous titles. I made numerous skins for f1 2012 and the members loved it. Ex : ferrari f2004, 2003 bmw, sauber c22, and so on. It was challenging and great at the same time. It was a good hobby. And yeah hopefully they will leave that mirroring for f1 2015 and return to the old skinnable layout.

No mask layer on the 2012 PSD files, only wireframe
That was the reason why I loved f1 2012. It was difficult and exciting at the same time. For you to find every part of the car and customize it depending on your taste. But this feeling just disappeared with the mirroring system. Dunno what you would be able to accomplish with f1 2012. But my skill is great enough to do great skins for f1 2012 and for previous titles. I made numerous skins for f1 2012 and the members loved it. Ex : ferrari f2004, 2003 bmw, sauber c22, and so on. It was challenging and great at the same time. It was a good hobby. And yeah hopefully they will leave that mirroring for f1 2015 and return to the old skinnable layout.
I absolutely argee with you, except the "love F1 2012" part :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years