F1 2014 F1 2014 - official confirmed info

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
I've gathered some more information for you guys! ;)

General
- The length of race you do is in link with the tyre wear (25% race means 25% tyre wear) [source]
- No demo [source]
- Williams Martini livery will probably not change to a more realistic one. Codemasters weren't allowed to use the 'RACING' livery, neither blue-red stripe combination. [source]
- Tracks will have at least minor scenery updates [source]
- No classic content [source]
- Mirrored car textures are still there
emoticon-2354-src-990b003910d078a0-28x28.png
[source]
- New tracks in Sochi and Österreich are there [source]
- PC version will use Steam and OS X version still unconfirmed, but not denied [source]
- Steering wheels of the cars in the trailer are final. Force India's wheel is still not finished. [source]
- Cover of this year's edition is yellow [source]
- No helmet cam [source]
- The trailer is from PC version of the game [source]

Career mode
- No young drivers test, you can pick any team at the start [source]
- In shorter career mode the races are pre-determined and you won't be able to choose them [source]
- Double points for Abu Dhabi (not specified for which modes) [source]

Multiplayer
- No long race weekends or 1 hour practice sessions [source]

Issues
- CM will look into the kerb auto spin glitch, however a fix is not confirmed [source]

emoticon-12017-src-f5d40d25f11a4aac-28x28.png
Shut up and tak-- oh wait, not yet.

- Eino
emoticon-7056-src-177064241e7db53e-28x28.png

Last edited:
I would have thought that 'helmet cam' is a cam from within the helmet, through the visor. Like kenken's old visor mod.

Or if it isn't that, then a cam on the top or side of the helmet

There is no way they would remove the standard cockpit view, it would hurt sales badly I would assume

I understand. Sorry to bother you guys.
But, to be honest, there is no attractive new feature. Please fix fundamental bugs which have existed over couple of years(I know CM never fix them and I have no hope in it anymore).

• Deleted member 161052

And can somebody ask why we can't hear the engine sounds yet?
Same reason as Sanyi97's.

And can somebody ask why we can't hear the engine sounds yet?
Same reason as Sanyi97's.
We know that they are trying to make a game without huge bugs, so they have a lot of work for this year. The sounds are not as important, and we know that their car sounds are not so good. I'm worried about the physics, but it would be great to know these things for sure.

Thanks for the info. Was really hoping to get a helmet visor cam for this year, even if it had a generic shape.

Also disappointed to hear the mirroring will stay on. I can understand the logic for doing it, but it just takes away a huge part of the appeal for us modders.

Seems that there really is not much to look forward to from this year's release. I just hope they get the physics and car handling quite close to the 2014 cars. But judging from the Bahrain hotlap video, it looks like the rear has a lot of grip, even when exiting corners. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe they had assists on?

Will just wait for discounted rates before I buy this game

Thanks for the info. Was really hoping to get a helmet visor cam for this year, even if it had a generic shape.

Also disappointed to hear the mirroring will stay on. I can understand the logic for doing it, but it just takes away a huge part of the appeal for us modders.

Seems that there really is not much to look forward to from this year's release. I just hope they get the physics and car handling quite close to the 2014 cars. But judging from the Bahrain hotlap video, it looks like the rear has a lot of grip, even when exiting corners. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe they had assists on?

Will just wait for discounted rates before I buy this game
Yeah, in the video, it was clear on every corner, you could use the throttle halfway-through. Probably why the engine was revving too much aswell

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 415 39.8%